InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Cellphone ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Disclaimer: I do not, nor ever will, own InuYasha. Also, this idea is dirived from a soap opera I was watching with my mom, so technically, it's not my idea either. Don't sue me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


InuYasha and the gang had settled down for camp after helping yet another village with demons. Sango and Kagome had gone to take a bath. Miroku left to gather wood for the fire; Shippo and Kirara followed him to make sure he didn't do anything stupid like spy on the girls. All of them leaving InuYasha alone to gaurd the camp, not that there was much to gaurd, just Kagome's pack which was on the far side of the clearing.

And it was vibrating . . . and ringing.

InuYasha stared at it, flattening his ears to the high-pitched tune it was playing. He put his hands over his ears and walked over to the buzzing bag, believeing that maybe a hive of demon bees had found their way into the pack. He tentively reached a hand into the bag, only to wrap his claws a small cellphone.

InuYasha's ears twitched. How can something so small make so much noise? He looked the device over. This is one of those miniature portable phones Kagome told me about. God, why do humans need so much stuff? Another small chime pulled him out of his thoughts. Now, how did Kagome shut this thing up? Oh yeah . . . InuYasha flipped it open and held it up to his face, like he had seen Kagome do.

"Hi, Kagome! I was wondering if we could go out to lunch tomorrow?" A male voice blurted out on the other end.

"Oi! Kagome ain't here. And she ain't going anywhere with you, baka."

"Oh!" Hojo exclaimed, forgetting the second half of InuYasha's response, "Who might you be? And do you know where she is?"

"Keh. My name's InuYasha, you turd. And she's taking a bath to clean up from earlier today."

"Oh, dear. She's not hurt is she?"

"Well, her thighs might be a bit sore." From running around so much during the fight.

"How did that happen?"

"We were . . . uh . . ." Kagome wouldn't want him to know of her travels to the past. "doing things."

The voice on the other end got suspicious, "Things?"

"Yeah, I told the bitch to stay still so it wouldn't hurt as much" When she got stuck between two streaks of the Wind Scar. At least her powers protected her.

"What right do you have to call Kagome a bitch?!"

Figuring it was okay to admit his feelings to someone he'll never meet (again, at least), InuYasha responded, "'Cause she's my mate!" At least, I wish she was.

"Your mate?! She's my girlfriend!" Hojo continued in a string of curses.

InuYasha held the phone out at arms length until he was sure the wimpy human had stopped yelling. He was just putting his mouth to the mouthpiece again, when his ear turned toward the sound of Kagome entering the clearing. Deciding to fake it, he said to Hojo, "Oh, look! Here she is now!" He threw the cellphone at her, "It's for you"

She caught it and held it up to her ear, "Hello?"

"Hey, Kagome."

"Why so sad, Hojo?"

"Oh, nothing. It's just that I thought that you were MY GIRLFRIEND AND THEN YOU GO AND HAVE SEX WITH THAT INUYASHA GUY!!" It was Kagome's turn to hold the phone away from her ear. She glared silently at InuYasha, who had been retreating but had stopped rigid at Hojo's voice through the phone. There was no doubting the color that rose up to his face. Kagome raised the cellphone back to her face, "And what led you to believe that?" trying to keep her voice calm, so she didn't make InuYasha think she was angry with him but didn't give away her hope to Hojo.

"He told me so! You know what, we're over, and there's no stopping me 'cause I'm not changing my mind. Hope to not see you soon. Bye, Kagome." Kagome flipped the phone shut, "Mind to explain, InuYasha?"

"I told him what happened today, called you a bitch, he asked why, I answered, and the idiot took it the wrong way." InuYasha looked down at his feet, "You can kill me now." Kagome sighed, "I might, but . . ." Inuyasha's ears perked and he raised his eyes to meet her face. "If you tell me what your answer to Hojo's question, I might not."

InuYasha lowered his head again, "I . . . I . . . You'll just kill me anyway."

"Would I? Why?"

"'CauseIsaidthatyouweremymate!"

"Excuse me?"

"See? I knew you wouldn't like the answer."

"No, InuYasha, I didn't hear the answer. You said it too fast"

"I said that I had the right to call you a bitch because you are my mate!"

Kagome's heart skipped a beat, a blush rising to her cheeks, "A . . .And w-w-who said that I w-w-w-wouldn't l-l-l-l-like that ans . . . answer?"

InuYasha could smell a cross between arousal and happiness in her scent. He walked up to her and dipped his nose closer to her take her scent. Confirming her emotions, he leaned his face closer to hers, "Do you?" Kagome only got halfway through her nod when InuYasha's lips captured her own. Feeling his tongue run over her lips, she reluctantly pulled away, causing a small wimper to escape the hanyou.

"Before we do anything serious, I would request that you don't touch anything of mine, no matter how much it rings, chimes or vibrates."

InuYasha leaned his forehead against hers, smiling, "Don't worry, I won't lay a hand on you no matter how much you ring, chime, or . . . vibrate." He purred slightly into her ear before he pulled her into another kiss, lifting her up off her feet and pinning her to the tree behind her. She returned his kiss fullheartedly, glad to be with her favorite hanyou.

And that's the scene that their friends walked in on.