InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny: By Air ❯ A Moonlit Walk ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:
Inuyasha and all characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own them and am not making any money from this.

--------------------------------
Written for Challenge Destiny: By Air. Originally posted August 27, 2011.

Title: A Moonlit Walk
By Air #1 Moonlight
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Genre: Romance
Universe: Post Canon
Word Count: 238
Summary: The night of Kagome's return to the Feudal Era Inuyasha asks her to walk with him.
Warnings: None
------------------------------


Inuyasha watched Kagome as she laughed with Sango, teased Miroku about his girls, and was shooed away by Kaede when she offered to help clean the dishes. He still had trouble believing that this wasn't a dream, that she was really here. Suddenly she looked up and their eyes locked together, everything else fading away.

He stood from where he was leaning against the wall. “Can I talk to you?” She nodded and he gestured to the door. “Not here, walk with me.”

Kagome waved at the others before following Inuyasha outside. They walked together, side by side, the moonlight illuminating the night. Still, neither spoke for a long time, simply enjoying the silence and the presence of one another as they walked further and further from the village. Kagome glanced at her companion and her breath caught in her throat as she saw him in the light of the full moon. He was so beautiful, his silver hair shining in the moonlight and his golden eyes seemed to glow as he looked at her.

And just as she was drinking in his form, he also gazed at her. Her pale skin glowed in the moonlight and her ebony hair was shining as it reflected the moonlight. He found himself unable to look away from her enticing form.

And so the two continued to walk in silence, attention firmly focused on the person next to them.



Converting /tmp/phpd6tsTb to /dev/stdout