InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny Movie Madness: June - Comedy ❯ Souta's Peril ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Challenge Destiny on June 7, 2012 for Movie Madness June: Comedy/Romantic Comedy.

Title: Souta's Peril
Prompt Name/Prompt List/Ficlet # : Mortal Kombat – June - #1
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Genre: Admin's Genre-Comedy
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 424
Summary: A slight misunderstanding ends with disastrous results.
Warnings: None

-----------------------


“Oi, aren't you ready yet?” Inuyasha asked as he stuck his head into the kitchen.

“No,” Kagome huffed as she dragged the bag of garbage toward the door.

Inuyasha scratched his head as he watched her. “Isn't your brother supposed to do that?”

“Yes,” Kagome practically growled as she shoved past the hanyou. “But he's too busy with his Mortal Kombat.” She continued grumbling as she made her way toward the exit.

“Mortal Combat?!” Surely he had misheard her, Kagome would never be so unconcerned about her brother being in danger. But Kagome merely waved irritatedly toward the stairs and kept moving. Inuyasha's eyes widened at her lack of concern for her brother's safety and he sped for the stairs, hand clutching Tessaiga's hilt. Souta might be an annoying pest but he actually looked up to Inuyasha and he wasn't gonna let anything harm him! He raced for the boy's room, the strange noises and yells filling his ears.

Kagome turned around just in time to see Inuyasha unsheathe Tessaiga and break down Souta's door. Her eyes widened as she realized her mistake and she raced for the stairs herself. She reached the door in time to see Inuyasha re-sheathe Tessaiga, a proud look on his face as the remains of the TV and PlayStation smoked and sparked behind him. He was looking at a shocked Souta expectantly.

But all Souta could do was stare at the wreckage of his most prized possessions. “M-my game.”

“Oi, aren't you gonna thank me?” Inuyasha frowned, he had been expecting the usual hero worship and praise, not this reaction.

Slowly, Souta's attention shifted to the hanyou. But before he could say anything Kagome decided it was time to make a break for it. “Well, we gotta go,” she told her brother cheerfully as she grabbed the hanyou by the arm and started dragging him to the door. She paused just outside the door to say, “Now that you're no longer busy with your 'Mortal Kombat', you can finish taking out the garbage yourself.”  'Serves the little twerp right for sticking me with his chores so he could play his video games,' she thought with suppressed laughter as she slammed the door and continued dragging Inuyasha behind her. She ignored his protests as she raced for the well. They had just entered the well-house when a scream of rage and loss was heard from the house, and Kagome, laughing the entire way, made her escape into the past.