InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Changes of the Soul ❯ The Unknown Pain ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

A/N: I wantedto thank all of you that reviewed and read Steps of Faith. And those of you who haven't checked it out, I really encourage you too because all my stories are like my babies ( brother punches me in the head for being stupid) I swear, I wish you could sell siblings on Ebay! Ok so this chapter in Kagome's POV. I wanted to fill some emotional gaps to show what was happening within each person's mind. This is graphic due to Kagome's current injuries and personal POV, so just a warning! I promise totry and update sooner in the future! Thanx and enjoy!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Disclaimer: Well as much as I would love to own it, and as much as I'm sure Inuyasha feels the same way, or maybe not, I swear I don't own it. So you can all go back to whatever you were doing and stop staring! I SAID STOP!!^_^

 

 

 

 

 

She was painfully confused as she awoke to fuzzysurroundings. She barley even registered the familiar strong arms around heras she tried to steady her breathing. She felt numb. Completely and totally numb.

 

She knew she shouldbe dead from the lack of blood that she felt pooled around her. It was against all the laws of nature that she was still in the land of the living.However, deep in her mind, she knew why she was still alive. The exact source of her pain and anguish was what was keeping her clinging to lifeand still in the wonderful embrace of her half-demon. She could feel the faint tug and pull from a new power inside her and knew that was the sourceof her strength and why the was breathing.She felt as it tugged and pulled from some outside source, that she was stealing energy and strength from another unknown and more powerful being than herself.But how could she be doing this? She didn't know how she was doing it, but the changes that were going on and causing her suffering were manipulating her energy sourceand her power to live.It was like a instinct now developing inside her to feed off of the stronger energies of others close to her and heal and grow from them. Her body must have been wiped out and exhausted from the current changes her powers were going through, so they were using other's powers to help the healing process speed along. She felt like some power hungry leech.

 

However her numb and distant thoughts were suddenly cut intoas pain suddenly racked her bodyin whichcaused hertojolt viciously and buck upward.

 

Trying to blindly get away from the source of her pain in an unconscious act, she leapt up and tore away from anyone around her. She wasvoid to any thought other that escaping the overpowering torture pulsing through hercurrently. She clawed her chest and head as if to dig the pain out but she couldn't. She just couldn't make it go awayor cease to be.

 

It felt as if it was something was burning her insides but they were somehow lit on fire and yet freezing. Her muscles were stiff and sore from the smartingand burning sensations so she staggered around blindlynow that the need for running had died away.

 

She dimly caught noises of someone gasping but she couldn't think straight as the searing pain shot up from her feet into her chest and head once more. She had to get away. She needed to escape. Forgetting all reason she trusted only her "fight or flight" instincts. She couldn't scream enough to make it go away, so she just ran blindly once more groping for unseen obstacles.

 

"What's happening….to…me…"

 

She sobbed assalty tears started stinging the abrasions and nicks on her face as she tripped and fellto the ground in a crumpled heap. She welcome the cold earth as it seemed to swallow her and a feeling of nothingnesstook her.

 

She felt the warmth of her own blood flow down her legs and side, making her now stiff sticky clothes,damp once more. She was trembling uncontrollably all over as the throbbing achesbrought stinging tears to her tightly clenched eyes.

 

 

Her body could take no more and she gave in to the comforting ground panting. The endless dark surrounded her for what seemed like hours as she suddenly heard approaching footstepsthrough the blood rushing in her ears.

 

She felt a gentle yet strong pull as she was lifted into someone armsand was leaned back in a semi-prone position. Her dark vision was filled with a soft light as she tried to gaze at her comforter. She barley made out the figure,but was thankful all the same. Hope flickered through her mind as she envisioned her silver haired rescuer holding her in his strong arms.

 

She wanted for him to be closer, justhis presence seemed soothing. So she summoned much of her strength to call his name, only to come out as a faint breath. She soon felt her vision start to fad even more as the pain started to increase once more, but his time from a new steady growing force she couldn't comprehend.

 

Not like she knew what the original torment was about, she thought bitterly. She felt Inuyasha's comforting presence around her and she knew he must he rocking her now. Hoping she wouldn't black out she felt sorrow fill her aching heart as she thought of her weakness and uselessness that was currently hindering herInuyasha. How could she ever call him hers if she wasn't even worthy of him? With that thought she tried to call to him but it merely came out as a soft choke as his presence began to dim away in the threat of a new dark aura.

 

" Inu….yahsa….i'm…sorry..".

 

She couldn't see his face clearly through her clouded sight, but she heard some pain in his voice as she registered the sound of her name. However the dark aura surrounded her suddenly and caused the ever-threatening darkness to swallow her as a malevolent chuckle followed her in unconsciousness.And then all she knew and felt was the cold darkness.