InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Changes ❯ Realization and Betrayal ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

With a frown upon her face, Kagome trailed her hands blindly up to the top of her raven black hair. Nothing seemed wrong as she moved her hands about, until- “Hm?” Kagome blinked. There was something on her head, two things, small and furry. She tried taking them off. “Ow!” she cried, as pain shot down through her body from her sensitive scalp. Inuyasha was still dumbstruck. “Uh, Kagome?” he pointed to the back of her skirt. Protruding from her green school-uniform skirt was a- “TAIL!?” Kagome cried, as she watched the bushy, foreign object swish around for a couple moments before realizing it was lifting her skirt up for Inuyasha to see her panties. She blushed and pushed her skirt down. Gulping loudly, she put her hands back on her head. Ears. They were…ears. “Bu-But how?” she stuttered, now as dumbstruck as Inuyasha. Then he got an idea. “Let's ask Myouga.” He suggested before walking out of the cave on onto the rock platform just below the cliff. Thoughts swirled through her mind, not believing what was happening. She covered her ears, which were not there as they had been replaced by the dog ears now sitting on top of her hair. She collapsed to the ground, covered her face, and shook her head violently, screaming, “This can't be happening!”
 
Inuyasha was thoroughly offended by this act, yet he felt the need to help her. Still shaking her head, Inuyasha scooped her up and scaled the rock wall, climbing to the top. When they reached the cliff edge, Inuyasha climbed up before Kagome. “Hey Sango, Miroku, what are you doing here?” Inuyasha said with his hands on his hips. Kagome had just climbed up when he said this, and was frightened at their presence. “Sango!? Miroku!” she quickly knelt behind Inuyasha, trying to cover her ears. Her face started flushing furiously. “What are you up to, wench?” Inuyasha said menacingly. He turned around and the girl off the ground by one of her wrists, revealing her newfound ears.
 
“Ka-Kagome? Is that you?” The monk and demon slayer blinked and exchanged looks before continuing to stare wide-eyed at the new half-demon.
“Inuaysha, what happened?”
“Feh, nothing happened.”
“Are you sure? How did this happen?”
Kagome moved from behind Inuyasha to his side. “Well, we, kissed and-“
“You kissed me!”
“Did not! You kissed me!”
“It's not like I wanted to!”
“Well you kissed me back!”
“Well it didn't mean anything!”
“What is that supposed to mean?”
“I don't love you, what else does it mean!?”
 
That shut Kagome up. Inuyasha's look softened as he could see and smell the string of tears pooling up in her eyes. At first Inuyasha thought she was going to sit him, but to his surprise, she reached up and put her hands behind his neck. When she backed down she had the enchanted beads in her hands.
 
“Kagome-“ was all he could say before she thrust the necklace into his hands and ran off with tears flying down her face. She didn't know where she was going, and she didn't care. She couldn't stand being hurt by him anymore.
 
 
 
 
 
 
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~` ~`~`~`~`~`
No reviews yet. *sniff* Please take the time to leave comments!