InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chosen Pathes ❯ Worm Charmer ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"InuYasha?"

"Feh," he answered as he takes off from another branch. "What is it now wench?"

"If you smelt a large group of children going in one direction, why didn't you say something?"

"Why would I care where a bunch of children went? They have nothing to do with the shards."

"Is shard hunting the only thing you think about? Wait, forget that, I don't want to know goes on in your brain sometimes."

"What's that suppose to mean? I think about other things than the shards."

"Well sometimes in battle I'm surprised you think at all."

"I saved you every time, don't I, so why are…" InuYasha was quickly silenced by Kagome's hand over his mouth. He landed on a near branch and looked below him. A line of children from the village and other villages where walking through the forest.

"Why do you think they are all following each other like that?" whispered Kagome as she watches the children walking at the same pace and exactly in each other's footprints. "Ow." Says Kagome as she slaps her cheek, flattening the little guardian.

"What's new Myoga?" asks InuYasha without even looking, his gaze still on the children below.

"Um... yes my Lord. The children below are the ones from the village, but they didn't come here willingly. They are being controlled by a form of worm charmer."

"Okay, they are not that hard to beat, what's the big deal."

"Well… um… he seems bent on killing you my Lord."

"Me? Why would you think that?"

"That doesn't explain why he is taking the children. Myoga, where did you hear about the worm charmer going after InuYasha?"

I'm…um… not at liberty to say, but the children from the village aren't the first to be drawn to the worm charmer. Last I checked, there were over 200 children with him."

InuYasha reached around and pinched the flea between his fingers. He brought the flea in front of his face. "Where did you get the information from? I don't mean about the snake charmer."

"Uhhh….."

"My brother, I should have guessed."

"I'm sorry my Lord. I shouldn't have been holding information from you, but… um… I…"

"Myoga?"

"Yes my lady?" said Myoga as he jumped out of InuYasha grip and onto Kagome's shoulder.

"When where you around Sesshoumaru? I've never known you to go anywhere were there might be a little danger."

"My Lady, please give me a little more credit than that. (I found the right word; I knew it wasn't respect but I couldn't get the word off the tip of my tongue, more like the tip of my fingers.) I do put my life in danger to give you information about the shards."

"Okay, so what did you hear?"

"Well…"

"Jaken, come here."

"Yes my lord, I'm coming. What is it my lord?"

"I need you to go check something for me."

"What is it my Lord?"

"Go check if InuYasha and his wrench are still alive."

"My I ask why you have a sudden interest in you brother my Lord?"

"I have felt a strong presence lately and it is building. It seems to be nothing more than a worm charmer, and I get the feeling Naraku is behind this. The rumors are it is after him and I haven't felt him battling lately. Now go."

"Yes my Lord, I'm on my way."

"And Jaken."

"Yes my Lord?"

"Don't let him know you are there."

"And that's what I heard."

"Feh, Jaken sure did a great job hiding himself from me. I knew the second he was within a mile of the village. I haven't been battling for the last two weeks because I didn't feel like it."

"InuYasha, we were just in a battle the other day. Why didn't he feel that?"

"I was human, remember?"

"Oh ya, I forgot."

"Hold on, I'm taking off again." InuYasha took off through the trees, following the trail of children.

"Well, actually InuYasha, we can't really say that you battled yesterday, you were more like the distraction." Kagome giggled a little as she spoke.

"I can very easily let you slid off my back and to the ground with no chance of survival."

"You wouldn't do that."

"And why wouldn't I?"

"Because," was her reply as she started to rub the base of his left air.

Purrr. "Stop that." Purrr. InuYasha stumbled a little on his next jump from a branch due to the distraction. Kagome noticing this stopped, reluctantly.

"Up ahead my Lord, I can sense something evil."

"Since when could you sense anything Myoga?"

"My Lady, I have always been able too."

"Well that makes sense, you are never where there is any danger, even before it happens."

"Myoga, do you have any more information on the worm charmer, like where he is meeting Naraku?"

"No my Lord, I have very little information besides the information I picked up from your brother."

"You said you saw the worm charmer with 200 children."

"Umm... yes that way only a glimpse as I was on my way here. I'm sorry I can't be of more help."

"Stop InuYasha."

InuYasha lands on the nearest branch and look below. The line of children where spreading out into a group. They were walking forward to join the already assembled children. A small army of children, all with blank expressions, and empty eyes. Instead of taking control of their bodies like normal warm charmers, their souls seemed to be lost and they were just flesh puppet of the charmer.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Not that long, but good enough, I have already started the next chapter. Yes and Fluffy will actually be in the next chapter in person. If you don't review, I won't update!!!!!

~Amanda a.k.a. Kazk