InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Cinders ❯ Prologe: A tragic ending/ a new begining ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
I have brought you another story, This one has been very popular on ffnet...so I hope you all will enjoy it just as much
Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha!
*********************************************
Cinders
Pr ologe
A Tragic Ending, and a New Beginging
Kagome trailed behind her nurse, she really didn't want to be here. She wanted to be outside playing, like she had when her mother was still alive. But when her father was away, she was seldom let outside to play.
Today was Kagome's 8th birthday, and her father was supposed to come home. He had promised her he'd bring a surprise, but it was already noon, and he still wasn't there.
Kagome watched her nurse carefully for an opening. When one came, Kagome took it. She was soon outside playing in the sunshine, messing up her new birthday dress. She quickly climbed her favorite tree, a large cherry tree next to the fence. When she had scaled the tall trunk she decided to play a game. Pirates!
She was currently having a nasty sword fight with a wicked tree branch when she heard the sounds of horses. She looked up from her down from her perch and toward the sound. There was her father on his tall black and white stallion, behind him was a black and red carriage, pulled by two gray horses.
"Father!" She called happily when he had passed under her.
He looked up in surprise to find his daughter grinning down at him. He backed his horse back under the tree, "What are you doing up there, Sweet? I though I told your nurse I wanted you clean when I got back." His voice was teasing, and kind. Just the way she remembered it. He held out his arms and she launched herself from the tree into her fathers waiting arms.
"Wow, I missed you!" He said with a small laugh.
"I missed you too. Did you bring my surprise?" She asked excitedly.
"Of course!" He said, "But you can't have it till we get off this horse."
Her father rode back with Kagome snuggled in his arms. He quickly dismounted, pulling his daughter with him and they quickly made there way to the front of the house, where the carriage waited.
He set her down and turned to the carriage. "Kagome, I'd like you to meet Lady Kagura." He said, handing out a cool faced woman with long black hair and cold eyes. "And these are her daughters." He announced when two girls about Kagome's age stepped out of their carriage, "Kikyo, and Yura, this is my daughter, Kagome."
Kagome looked over her new guests and was surprised to see that Kikyo and her bore a striking resemblance. Kikyo's hair was straight though, and her eyes were gray. She was slightly taller than Kagome. Yura was shorter, and obviously the younger of the two, she had short straight black hair and shining green eyes. Kagome smiled at them in greeting and they smiled back. Kikyo's smile was small and didn't reach her eyes, while her sister's smile seemed genuine enough. But Kagome felt a cold chill run up her spine, she shook it off.
"Kagome," her father was saying, "Kagura will be your new mother." He looked at her, hopping she'd take it well.
Kagome looked up at him in confusion, "But I already have a mother."
"I know Kag, but we can't live without a woman in the house forever. You do need a mother." He said reasonably.
Kagome wanted to shout out that she didn't like Kagura, that she didn't need a new mother, that she didn't want a new mother. But she held her tongue, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.
Kagome was terribly wrong. She soon discovered that her two new sisters were cruel and Kagura did her best to exclude Kagome from family events and outings. Her father would hear nothing of it though.
Then one day tragedy struck, somehow the house they were living in caught fire. Everyone got out safely, everyone but Kagura. Kagome's father rushed back in to save her. That was the last time Kagome saw her father, somehow, Kagura had escaped unharmed.
Kagura had soon moved the whole household back into the city. Kagome was told she would be working for a roof over her head and food in her stomach. But Kagome didn't care, she had lost everything. Her mother, her father, her home... she only had one thing left, a beautiful pink jewel her mother had given her.
She still remembered what her mother had told her about her little gift, "Kagome, dear, this jewel is a symbol of my love for you. It will grant you three wishes. No one can use it but you, dear. Promise me you'll watch over it, and never loose it?" Kagome had promised.
Well, there's the proloug for you, I hope you all liked enough to come back for more. Now....if your good and review for me...I will be sure to update as soon as I'm able.
Review!!!
preview for next time:
"I don't even know your name!" She realized. He smirked and rose gracefully to his feet, "Inu Yasha." He said with an elabrate bow. She rose an eyebrow at him, "Interesting name." she said cautiously. He smirked, "Thanks, I 'll take that as a complement." She shrugged her shoulders, "Do what you want." He smirked at her and rose an eyebrow. She blushed furiously, "That's not what I meant! You've got a dirty mind - ya know that?" she gave him a dirty look, and he grinned wickedly.

Converting /tmp/phpbDIQiT to /dev/stdout