InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Class Trip ❯ Demons and Buses and Friends, Oh My! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Yo! Nice to see y'all again! Even tho I can't see you. Hope you all are liking this!

Chapter 4: Demons and Buses and Friends, Oh My!

"Bus? What's a `bus'?" Inuyasha questioned as Kagome dragged him around to the other side of the school, followed closely by the three girls.

"That is a bus." Kagome stated authoritatively, letting go of his sleeve but giving him a shove towards the large charter bus that was parked in the driveway of the school. Inuyasha, however, was desperately trying to figure out what "that" was. There were only about a billion things he still didn't know about, and Kagome being unspecific wasn't helping matters. He decided to tell her as much.

"Oi! Which `that' am I supposed to be looking at, wench!?" (A/N: I never said words were his strong suit~)

Kagome was about to "osuwari" him for that one, but held back as she remembered that they were being stalked by her "friends" *.

"Oh, come on!" she snapped, grabbing for his wrist as she moved quickly forward. He flinched, and she missed.

Both blushed to find themselves holding hands even as Kagome continued to drag the poor startled hanyou across the schoolyard.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"They're holding hands!' Ayumi squeaked from her position behind the other two.

(A/N- You know like on "Looney Tunes" where there are 3 heads sticking out from behind a tree, and that's all you can see of them? Ayumi is on the bottom, then Eri, then Yuka on top.)

"I knew it! I knew she liked him!" Eri chimed in.

"Well, DUH! Everyone knew THAT!" Yuka retorted, "Look at HIM! Its HIM we're worried about!"

"Why?" Ayumi asked, confused. "I thought it was Kagome that we were worried about."

"YES, that is true," Yuka said slowly, as those who deal with idiots learn to do, "But SHE is worried about HIM. We take care of him, we take care of her. Capiche?**"

Ayumi blinked. "What does catfish have to do with anything?"

(Yuka: *facefault*)

Eri helped Yuka up quickly, then turned to Ayumi. "She just meant to ask you if you understood."

"Oh. Okay!"

"Right." Yuka started acting as boss once again, "So, look at him. Does he seem inclined to let go of that hand?"

"No."

"No."

"So what does this tell us?" she coached, again in the "talking to idiots" voice.

"He likes her too!" Eri filled in, grinning madly.

"Well," Yuka interjected, "At least enough to not mind holding her hand. But it's a place to start. Ayumi, did you get a picture of that?"

"Yeah~ but my mom is gonna be mad if I use up all the film on pictures of them! Film is expensive!"

"It's for charity. She'll understand."

"What charity?"

"The `Get Kagome and Inuyasha Together Foundation'"

"Wow! I didn't know there was one of those!"

(Yuka and Eri- *facefault*)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Somehow, Kagome managed to wrestle two bags into the cargo hold of the bus while keeping her grip on Inuyasha's hand (it really hadn't occurred to her that she could let go). He wasn't planning on going anywhere, but Kagome wasn't going to take the risk of him destroying the bus and dragging her back to the Feudal Era out of spite.

After dealing with the bags, she dragged him over to the bus door and began the task of actually convincing him to get ON the bus.

"Inuyasha, you have to get on the bus!" Kagome was trying in vain to shove him through the doors.

"I'm not getting eaten by some f****** bus just so you can go off on some damn trip!" He snapped back, quite sure that this was some kind of plot to keep him occupied while Kagome ran off, `Probably with that damn "Ho-ho" guy………' he thought angrily, completely unaware of how jealous it sounded.

"Fine!" Kagome growled, removing her hands from his back and almost causing him to fall over on top of her (which he probably would have done if it wasn't for the rosary and the fact that he didn't want to be left behind and let her go off with some `stupid human nitwit').

"I'll get on the bus first, then." She stated shortly, then hopped up the steps.

"Wait! Kagome!" he reached out to grab her, unwittingly stepping onto the first of the bus' steps. He realized this a second later, and leaped back off the step like he'd been stung.

"Look, Inuyasha, I'm here, I'm not dead, maimed or otherwise injured. Would you just get on the damn bus!? Or do I have to `sit' you?" She glared down at him. "Look. Its just like a fancy carriage that moves without a horse, okay?"

That part he understood, but not how it was possible. "So how does it move if there's nothing to pull it?" He questioned suspiciously, still not buying the whole `bus' idea.

Kagome thought about that one. `Engines, fossil fuels, he won't understand any of that………even I don't understand some of it.' She finally decided on the easy answer.

"It's magic."

He nodded in understanding, then proceeded carefully up the steps.

Kagome stood at the top, half glaring at him for taking so long, and thinking, `This would be soooooo embarrassing if anyone saw………'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~

"Why isn't he getting on the bus?" Ayumi was confused, yet again (A?N- sense a pattern beginning here? Lol. ^^).

"How am I supposed to know!?" Eri retorted, while trying to figure out the same thing herself.

"He looks almost like he's scared of it or something. But how does that make sense? From all Kagome's said, he sounded really tough." Yuka squinted to try to see them better. "And anyway, why would anyone be afraid of a bus? They're everywhere, everyone rides them. How else would we get around? So why would he be afraid of it?"

"Maybe he was in a car accident!" Ayumi piped.

Eri smacked her on the back of her head. "How would that make him afraid of buses?"

"Maybe a bus hit him or something! I don't know!" Ayumi whined, nursing the bump on the back of her head.

"Will you two SHUT UP!?" Yuka snapped, "I'm TRYING to watch them!"

"So are we! We're just watching different things!" Eri said indignantly.

"Oh, like what? Hitoshii-kun's butt? That is what you always stare at in PE, after all!"

"I- I do not!" Eri stuttered, turning red.

"Oh yes you do! You soooo have a thing for him!"

"I- I DO NOT!" Eri was now completely crimson.

"Um, guys?" Ayumi cut in, "They're on the bus."

"WHAT!?" Yuka whirled around to see for herself. They were indeed on the bus.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~

"Okay. Just sit here and don't move!" Kagome commanded as she shoved the hanyou into the last row of seats on the bus. Then she left and went back out to talk with her friends. Inuyasha stayed. He figured that it must be safe, since Kagome had left him there without any warnings. He also figured that he had better do what she said, or face a week of the wrath of Kagome without even Shippo around to pick on. So he waited, and waited, and waited. Finally he noticed some movement outside the window of the `bus', and leaned over so he could see out.

An older human was gathering up all of the ones Kagome's age and seemed to be talking to them. Then she pointed to the buses.

Inuyasha ducked. `They're probably gonna attack me while I'm stuck here on this damn `bus' thing without my Tetsusaiga………' He couldn't imagine another reason to gather such a mob except to kill demons. Finally he decided that if they already knew he was there, it would be in his advantage to see where they were. Even if he didn't have Tetsusaiga, he still had his claws………

He looked up only to be faced with a brown haired boy about Kagome's age.

"Is this seat taken?" he gestured to the only other seat in the back row. "If I don't find a guy to sit next to, the girls are gonna kidnap me for the entire bus ride." He grinned apologetically.

Inuyasha was about to tell him that the seat belonged to Kagome, but then he noticed Kagome sitting with her friends about ten rows further up. `Fine then. If she doesn't want to sit with me………'

"Go ahead" he said to the boy, before glaring daggers in Kagome's direction. The boy noticed, but decided that it was safer not to comment.

"My name's Kuno Hitoshii." He said, extending a hand. Inuyasha didn't respond for a moment, then realized that the boy expected him to give his name in return. He mimicked the boy's hand gesture, and said "Inuyasha."

Hitoshii grabbed his hand and shook it. "Pleased to meet you, Inuyasha."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~