InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Closer than before I met you ❯ Intro 101 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
C1: Intro 101

“Okay, so the reason you want the room is?” Kagome asked keeping her breathing calm. The guy on the other line was seriously starting to bug her.

“Oh you know it’s really close to the school and such. Not to mention all the cute guys that will be there…ahh….” the feminine male voice said as he sighed. Kagome’s eye started to twitch as he began on a long rant about how his ex boyfriend broke up with him and he was looking for some new material.

“Okay Mr. Taka, I’ll call you later.” Kagome said still struggling to get the coiled snake of anger that was so easy to provoke.

“Oh you can just call me Jakotsu when it’s between us girls.” he said in his sickening sweet voice. Kagome wanted to gag.

“Okay, thank you for calling about the room.” she said as she hung up before the he she could say anything more.

“I wouldn’t want to room with somebody who gives me fashion tips. Kami do you hate me?” Kagome asked nobody in particular. She groaned and rubbed her head. If only Sango didn’t move out, then she wouldn’t have all these issues. ‘Stupid Miroku.’ Kagome mentally hissed as the phone rang yet again.

“Hello.” Kagome said through clenched teeth.

“Miss Higurashi it seems a secretary at the Tashio Company has just been fired and they’re looking for a replacement.” a male voice said. She groaned as she realized who it was.

“Cut to the chase Miroku, I know it’s your job to find jobs for other people but will you at least call me by my name?” Kagome sighed. She quit her last job when they started working her too hard. She didn’t have enough free time to herself, worked 7 days a week most of the time and she hardly got enough money to pay rent and utilities.

“Okay, Mr. Takahashi has requested that a young, fresh and umm,” Miroku said, “Fiery girl was needed to take her place.”

“So naturally you though of me?” Kagome said dryly.

“No actually I thought of my dear Sango first.” Miroku admitted. “Except he didn’t ask for a behavioral trainer.”

“Don’t let her hear that.” Kagome said letting a laugh escape.

“Yeah I know. Last time it slipped I ended up in a peculiar trash can. Wonder how that happened?” Miroku said lightly.

“So when do I start?” Kagome said getting back on topic.

“A week from now. It seems the head of the company’s brother is back in town and he wants to see if he can get his little brother to work in his dollar company….jerk. My poor best friend, working under his brother.” Miroku said.

“Okay, so in the mean time I just have to look for a new roommate, a temporary job and something to beat you with?” Kagome said as she held her head.

“Yes, yes, yes…no I mean no!” Miroku said chuckling. She loved her cousin’s sense of humor….the pervert. “Hey, I know you can work for me, I need somebody to organize my files. I’ll pay you a months pay sense you are my cousin and I own this here company.”

“Okay but you don’t have to pay me that much, Roku.” Kagome said as her spirit lifted.

“I know but you’re my baby cousin.” Miroku said. “Except for Souta of course.”

“Thanks Miroku. But I have to go I have a call on the other line.” Kagome said as a beep alerted her to another call.

“See ya later Kags.” Miroku said hanging up.

“Hello, Kagome speaking.” Kagome said, bored but happier than earlier when the gay guy called.

“Is the room available still?” a gruff voice asked.

“Yes it is.” she said in a happy go lucky voice.

“I would like to apply for it if you don’t mind.” he stated.

“Sure, all you do is answer some questions.” Kagome said silently praying he would actually be the one.

“Okay, sure.” he said.

“What is your reason for applying?” Kagome asked.

“What are you stupid? I need some place to live.” he said.

“Okay, do you have a job?” she asked, feeling like he was going to be a complete jerk.

“Yeah,” he said, “It pays real well too.”

“Okay here’s the last question, what’s your name?” Kagome asked.

“Yasha.” he simply said.

“Okay thanks. Umm you can move in as soon as you want.” Kagome said, wanting to quit with the searches.

“Great, how about now?” he asked.

“Sure?” Kagome said and gave a startled squeak when somebody knocked on the door.

“So are you just going to stay inside or are you going to let me in?” he asked before the line went dead. She hung her phone up and tossed it on the couch.

She leapt off the couch and threw the door open, looking at the ground she quickly looked up and stepped back. He was hot! His coal black hair was long and thick, Kagome wanted to touch it, and his violet eyes were more purple than Miroku’s own eyes, she figured they were contacts. His hair, oh how she wanted to touch it was held back by a black bandana that blended into his hair. She caught herself staring at his chest and watched as the firm muscles flexed as he lifted a hand to tap her on her shoulder. “know it’s not polite to stare.” he said gruffly. She jumped back at the sudden touch and sound.

“Oh sorry, umm just follow me so I can show you your room.” she said quickly as she struggled to hide the blush that was wanting to spread across her face. He nodded and followed her into the apartment. “That door over there is the bathroom and the door next to it is my room. The last door is your room, Yasha. And I hope you don’t mind cats.” Kagome added as her old fat cat Buyo waddled out of her room. Yasha’s beautiful violet eyes narrowed as he nodded. Her cat looked up at him and gave a weak hiss before going back into her room.

“That’s fine. You aren’t one of the prissy wench’s who have to have everything neat and orderly right?” Yasha asked suddenly. Kagome turned towards him, the little voice in her head saying ‘Slap him!’ she of course ignored the voice.

“Are you kidding? As long as you do your fair share of the work then I won’t be prissy. Got it?” she said as she went to her slightly opened door. “Plus this is an example,”

Yasha looked in the room and looked at her then back at the room, “You did that?” he asked.

“No the monster that lives under my bed did.” she said sarcastically. “Yeah I did it. I didn’t have time to clean the apartment and look for a job.”

“Hmm.” he said while looking at her disaster of a room. The bed was unmade, clothes were strewn everywhere and crumpled up paper littered the floor. Turning to look at her again he noticed the pictures along the wall. Curious Kagome watched as he went to each one and examined it closely. Of the three that graced the walls he stopped at one and pointed, “Who’s that?”

She looked at the picture she drew so long ago, the picture that got her a scholarship to the most prestigious art school in Japan, Shikon University. “That’s my mother before she died.” Kagome looked at the picture of her mother sitting beneath a cherry tree, the tree was blooming and she had captured the moment as a gentle breeze blew by and carried the delicate blossoms in it’s wake. Her mother’s face held a gentle smile as Buyo rubbed his head against her outstretched hand. “I drew it a week before she died. That was the last day she would have the strength to walk outside.” and the next day after she made touch ups she sent it to the school.

“I’m sorry.” he said.

“It was only a year ago.” Kagome said. He turned and looked at her then smirked.

“Well I’d better start unloading my junk.” he turned and walked out the door.

**Yasha**

Yasha walked down to the moving van he borrowed. Opening it up he took a box out and not wanting to freak out her out he only carried two boxes in to the ground level apartment. Her blue gray eyes followed his movement from the couch as he unloaded the boxes. About half an hour of walking back and forth between the truck and his room Yasha was finally finished. He locked the truck up and walked into the apartment to smell the lovely scent of Ramen. Following his highly sensitive nose Yasha found himself in the kitchen. As he looked at her he found something familiar in her face but he couldn’t place it. It’s not like he’s met her before, he reminded himself.

“I thought you might be hungry.” she said as she placed a bowl of ramen in front of him.

“Thanks…Kagome?” he said hesitating over her name.

“That’s my name. Oh by the way, this is only temporary. I’m going shopping tomorrow so if you want to come and pick out some food then you’re invited. And by the way you’re inhaling that ramen, that’s all that you want?” she said while laughing. Her laugh was soft and clear, it wasn’t the fake laughs that he often heard.

“Yeah whatever.” he said after he took a breath.

“I guess I was lucky in deciding that you could eat three things by yourself?” she asked as she smiled.

“Three?” he said as he looked at his empty bowl, “Wow, must have been really hungry to inhale that much without noticing.” he looked at her sheepishly as she took the bowl from him.

“Yes. But I have to go to get the key from Sango so you can have it, k? So I’ll talk to you later. Feel free to roam the house, just don’t go digging up stuff in my room.” she said, Yasha caught one word, Sango.

“Wait you know Sango?” he asked.

“Yeah she’s my best friend since elementary school. She’s living with my cousin right now.” Kagome explained to him.

“Wait let me guess your cousin’s name…Miroku the pervert?” he asked and she laughed.

“That’s him. How do you know him?” she asked as she picked her keys up off the counter and took a key off them and tossed it to Yasha. “Here. I’ll use Sango’s.”

“ From high school. Thanks.” he watched her leave as he fingered the single key in his hand.

~~~~~*~~~~~
A/N: I just realized that in the later chapters he had human looks…black hair and violet eyes…I had to fix it.