InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Cloud Watching ❯ Cloud Watching ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

I do not own inuyasha or any other characters.

Hi! This is my first fan fiction story. Please be kind and I hope you like it.

P.S. I am not the world's best speller so if there are any mistakes please forgive me.

Cloud Watching

By: Melissa Spoula

Inuyasha and Kagome were lying in a large filed. Inuyasha lying east and kagome facing west. It had been a rare moment of peace for their little group and while Shippo and Kirara amused themselves with the fluttering butterflies that occupied the filed Sango and Miroku spent some much needed time alone down by a near by river.

Kagome and Inuyasha lay in the thick grass watching the clouds go by and coming up with ideas for what each cloud could look like.

"See that one to the far right?" Kagome asked. "That one looks like a bear."

Inuyasha searched the sky for another shape. "There" he pointed "that one looks like a running horse."

Kagome took the shape into consideration. "Not that one over there." she pointed. "That one looks just like my cat."

Inuyasha scrunched his noose and gave a "Feh" to her comment on his horse but choose not to argue with her when they were having such a good time.

"Okay" Kagome started "that one looks like a…" Kagome went silent when her hand landed in something that was definitely not grass. She had just put her hand right inside of Inuyasha's!

Kagome lay there frozen for about thirty seconds, which to her seemed like eternity.

She debated on weather to leave her hand were it had landed or pull it away and pretend like nothing had happed.

She had decided to pull it away. But before she could raise her hand, Inuyasha's closed around hers tightly. She could feel the heat rise up out of her chest making a line form her throat (which had for the moment lost it's ability to speak) up to her face and finally make it's way to her ears. She swallowed hard and hoped Inuyasha could not hear her heart pounding in her chest. Though to her it sounded so loud she would be surprised if Sango and Miroku couldn't hear it.

Inuyasha on the other hand stayed calm. He had wanted some time alone with Kagome and he got what he had wanted. And even though it was probably an accident that her hand dropped into his, he was never a hanyou to let an opportunity pass him by.

"That one over there looks like a cow." He had rushed the words out of his mouth, picking something and saying the first thing that came to mind. Kagome looked to were he pointed and laughed. It looked nothing like a cow.

Her nervousness forgotten she began to imagine just what animal it could be.

"It looks more like a beaver than a cow. Were in the world did you get cow?" she said between small giggles.

Once again he couldn't let an opportunity pass him by. Not letting go of her hand he turned himself around on the grass. To make the position comfortable for both of them he came to rest with her head resting on his shoulder and his arm rapped around her shoulder with their hands resting on the middle of her chest.

`That's it' Kagome thought, `My heart is going to explode' if he couldn't hear it before he sure could feel it now.

With his unoccupied hand he pointed to the same cloud. Giving it another look he thought it really didn't look like a cow but it sure was no beaver.

Kagome didn't really care about the cloud any more and she barely understood the words Inuyasha was saying. All she could think about was how close they were.

Inuyasha leaned in until his cheek was pressed right against hers. With his free hand he pointed to a new cloud. "That one there looks like a heart don't you think?"

Kagome turned her head and came nose to nose with Inuyasha. Her brown eyes looking right into his golden ones. And for a few seconds they stayed that way, fixated with each other. Then Inuyasha began to move in closer. Kagome closed her eyes and just before the kiss she knew was coming there was a loud "Thump"

The two both turned their heads at the same time and looked behind them. A vary mad Sango was storming away from the river boomerang in hand. Behind her a well-beaten Miroku followed slowly.

"Pervert" Sango called over her shoulder. She stormed right past Kagome and Inuyasha barely taking note that they were there. Miroku quickened his pace behind her calling out apologies.

Inuyasha and Kagome just looked at each other and laughed. " You know one day she's really going to hurt him with that." Inuyasha said between laughs. Kagome took in a few quick breaths to calm herself down. "You think he'd learn after a while"

Kagome sat up and stretched. "Do you think we should go and break them up?" she turned around to see Inuyasha lying back on the grass looking up at the sky again.

Well he thought the mood was ruined by that dumb monk and he probably couldn't get her to lay back down next to him with out letting her know just how much he wanted to get back to the position they were just in. `Might as well make sure Sango really didn't cause the monk serious damage.'

Kagome stood and brushed the grass off her skirt. Then she extended her hand to him.

Inuyasha didn't take her hand but stood on his own and brushed the dirt and grass off of him self. Then turned to Kagome and flashed her a soft smile. Reaching out he took her hand. Their fingers interlocked and Kagome returned his smile giving his hand a soft squeeze.

Together they walked of in the direction of the camp.

Both were thinking the same thing.

Next time there will be no interruptions.