InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Cold as you ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 

Chapter 1: You have a way of coming easily to me
 
Kagome let out a small scream as the youkai moved toward her. The oni was extremely quick and she had lost all her arrows in the fight. Her eyes widened in fear. She froze unable to move. Sango and Miroku were too far away to help and Shippo was hiding in the trees. There would be nothing to prevent her from dying this time. A small whimper escaped her lips.
Suddenly, arms wrapped around her warm and strong. She clutched on to the clothes of the being that held her. Opening her eyes, she stared up into golden eyes. Inuyasha had reached her in time and had caught her before the oni could do anything. A warm smile appeared. She watched Inuyasha raise his blade and bring it down quickly, surprising the oni and disintegrating it.
The remained like that for a long moment. Sango and Miroku hastily left to find Shippo with Kirara. Kagome stared up at Inuyasha happily, her heart swelling with love and devotion. “You know, you have a way of coming easily to me.” Her voice was no more than a whisper. Inuyasha dropped his forehead against her own. “I'll always come to you Kagome.”