InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Cold as you ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 12: Of a mess of a dreamer with the nerve to adore you

Shippo watched as Kagome once again chose to walk with Sesshomaru. She had been so happy lately and yet he could see a sadness starting to form. Sesshomaru never seemed to say anything to stop her talking nor did he encourage it. Shippo frowned. He had taken to walking with Rin. Tapping Rin's shoulder, he ducked his head down to her. He had gotten a growth spurt.

“Hey Rin, what do you think they are talking about?” Rin shrugged. “Rin doesn't know Shippo. Lady Kagome likes Lord Sesshomaru though.” Shippo's head turned sharply to her. Sango, Miroku and Inuyasha also came to a screeching halt. Jaken began screeching at Rin at her blasphemous words. Shippo immediately grabbed the staff before it could come into with her head.

Everyone turned to Kagome ahead and she was looking away bashfully. Tears were in her eyes. Sesshomaru glanced toward Rin. Rin smiled toward him. “Lord Sesshomaru, don't you like Lady Kagome as well?” Sesshomaru's gaze swept to Kagome. Then he began walking again. “Do not be foolish Rin. She is human.” Everyone saw the tears as Kagome took off. Kirara immediately followed.