InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Colorful Emotions ❯ Four Way Denial ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Colorful Emotions

Would any of you do a favor and read and review my other stories too? Just asking, you don't have to.

Oh yeah! I was told that some part of that chapter sounded like one part in one of Rozefire's stories. I wasn't plagiarizing though; I hadn't even read that story. Sorry just in case.

Lots of reviews! I love reviews! Ahahaha. Oh yeah. Don't worry about that light pink. It's not that critical to the plot or storyline. Most of you guessed anyway.

Maybe I'll get a hundred reviews by the next two chapters...? Sigh. Shouldn't get my hopes up though...

Sorry for the bad/boring/random chapter.

Chapter 3: Four-Way Denial

Kagome closed her eyes and leaned against a tree as Inuyasha walked off, though not angrily.

She took a few deep breaths and tried to get his voice out of her head. Her heart was pounding considerably faster.

Then she heard a voice, startling her out of her wits. "Kagome?"

"Sango? Is that you?" she called, hopping up and running back to Kaede's.

-

"How did you know what I was feeling when Koga was here?" Inuyasha demanded, his ears turning red. Shippou hid behind Kagome, and Sango and Miroku were coincidentally looking for herbs in the forest.

Kagome's cheeks were pink. "Well, besides the fact that you're a really bad actor-"

"And what did you mean 'my ears turned colors'?" Inuyasha continued, ranting.

Shippou snickered, but one single murderous glare from Inuyasha shut him up.

Might as well tell him, Kagome thought. He'll never leave me alone unless I do...

"Well, Kaede cursed you so that your ears change colors to match your emotions," Kagome answered quickly, not looking Inuyasha in the eyes-or the ears; she knew they'd turn red.

"She did what?" Inuyasha roared, a black and red aura blazing over the whole hut. "I'm gonna kill her!"

-

Sango sighed and sat on a rock. "You think Inuyasha's done yelling?"

Miroku shrugged.

It had been five minutes since they had left. He had probably finished throwing his routine temper tantrum; Kagome was either going back to the well, or she had "sat" Inuyasha.

Miroku sat next to her. Sango looked at him suspiciously and squirmed away.

It wasn't only that was perverted that she was uncomfortable...there was another reason, but she didn't even know it.

In fact, it reminded her of Kagome's romance novels, where all the girls were nervous around guys because she liked them...

But that was stupid.

She didn't like Miroku.

At all.

Did she?

Well, do I?

Nope, Sango thought reflexively, answering her own question.

Then, a familiar voice interrupted her inward debate. "Sango?" Miroku asked.

"Yeah?" she said, looking into his eyes.

"I have a question. It's a very serious question," Miroku stated.

Sango looked at him, trying to sense some untruthfulness. But she couldn't. It seemed as though it really were a serious question.

Then she panicked. What if someone was hurt? What if Kirara was hurt? Or Inuyasha, or Kagome... What if Kohaku was-

"Sango? Will you bear my child?" Miroku asked.

Some question.

Sango, extremely annoyed now, slapped him across the face and shoved him off of the rock he was sitting on.

"What about now?" his muffled voice questioned.

-

Count to three...slowly now...and then take a deep breath...

Kagome sighed. After she had told Inuyasha that Kaede was gone, he had started yelling at her. She was so sick of this.

"Inuyasha, would you please stop taking your anger out on me?" she muttered, gritting her teeth.

One...

"I am not taking my anger out on you, wench!" he hollered.

Two...

What right does he have to call me names? I let him yell at me for fifteen minutes and all I get is a "stupid wench" comment? Forget it, Kagome thought, fuming.

Three...

Too late, Inuyasha.

"I'm going back to the well!" she yelled, stalking away.

Oh, just go back to your stupid well and get me in trouble with your stupid friends, Inuyasha thought dryly. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Inuyasha sighed. He knew he had acted like a jerk, but the things he said weren't what he thought.

Why did Kaede have to go and publicize his hidden thoughts, his emotions? The only things he wanted to hide?

It's not her fault; maybe if you just admit your feelings about her this wouldn't have happened, a voice in his mind scolded.

Feelings? What feelings? I don't have any feelings for her, he thought, a little too quickly.

Not only would it be awkward to him if anyone figured out his feelings, it might put them in danger.

Inuyasha had always prided himself on being able to control his emotions. He thought that love was stupid. It left you weak.

That's why he kept his emotions locked up...locked up so well even he sometimes coudn't find them.

The first time, the only time, he had let his emotions out was with Kikyou.

And look how that relationship ended up.

And now Kaede was trying to get him to admit his love, his unexisting love, Inuyasha added quickly, to Kagome.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Now he was never going to get privacy.

Stupid mikos.

-

Kagome flopped on her bed.

Even if she could read Inuyasha's emotions, it didn't help her much. He was still the confusing hanyou he had been since the day they met.

One second he was being sweet and acting jealous, the next second he's yelling random things at her.

But...why should I care? Kagome thought. It's not as if I have any feelings towards him at all!

An hour later, Kagome found herself in a pizza booth with her three friends.

She had been trying to forget about Inuyasha for a while, but it wasn't working. And now she was getting desperate.

"Guys?" she asked.

All of her friends turned to her, looking up from the magazine they were gushing at.

"I have this friend. And she has this guy friend." Kagome blushed. She couldn't believe she was doing this. "And...um...she doesn't know how this guy friend...um...feels about her."

Her friends sighed.

"Does he get all jealous?" one asked.

Inuyasha's ears turned green when I was talking to Koga...

"Does he get mad when she talks to any other guy?" another added.

Inuyasha's always mad. But he seems even angrier when I talk about Hojo or Koga...

"Um. Yes," Kagome said, afraid of what the answer was going to be. "So, how does he feel about me...I mean her?"

Her friends sighed again. They were really good at that.

"Duh," the other said. "He likes her."

-

"I do not like her!" Inuyasha muttered. "I'm happy that she's gone!"

Miroku raised an eyebrow and looked at Sango and Shippou.

One hour, Inuyasha thought. It's only been sixty minutes since she left...When will she be back?

He hadn't even noticed his ears turning a dark shade of blue.

"Then start acting happy," Miroku said simply.

"Yeah, you're acting so sad, so moody, and so..." Sango smirked. "Blue."

-

Kaede grimaced from under a bush.

This was going to take a while...

Three of them don't know their feelings or won't admit it, and one is too perverted to realize that the perfect girl for him is right next to him...Kaede frowned.

Four-way denial.

-

All done. Review! And tell me if I made any mistakes.