InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Come Away With Me ❯ What Now? ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*Come Away With Me*~

Napea

Wanna see a disclaimer? Go to the first chapter and leave me the hell alone.

* Don't forget that I have an update list for this story. It's in my profile!*

Ok by popular demand NO MORE SPIDER stories! Hehe sorry guys didn't mean to gross you out last chapter O.o;

~*~

Last Chapter: "Something bad's gonna happen, isn't there?" Kagome smiled sadly down at the kitsune who was too wise for his own good.

"I don't know Shippou-chan." He hugged her suddenly with tears in his eyes.

"I don't wanna lose you." Kagome's eyes widened but she wrapped her arms around him.

"You won't, this time I promise."

Chapter Eleven: What Now?

Sesshoumaru frowned at the girl sitting a few feet away from him staring off into the distance. Her mind was elsewhere and for some reason that annoyed him. Not that he expected her undivided attention but it would be nice if she acknowledged his existence. She didn't even seem to notice him come up behind her…either she didn't notice or she didn't care.

"For gods sake Sesshoumaru say something or leave. Don't just stare at me." Without turning she continued frowning off into the distance. He decided not to speak but he wasn't leaving either. Instead he sat down beside her gazing out in the general area she was looking. Again she didn't bother to look at him when she spoke. "It's weird, ne? All this is so different this time. You, me, Naraku…I wonder if we'll still be able to defeat him the same way or if we're going to have to find a different way."

She paused as if waiting for a reply but silence was her answer so she barreled on. "There's too many complications this time around. You've mucked everything up with your…protestations."

Sesshoumaru quirked a brow at her but said nothing. "Why do you want me Sesshoumaru? What do you want from me? It can't be love. I won't give you the Tetsusaiga…so what is it?"

"How do you know it is not for love?" He said dejectedly.

Kagome gave a derisive snort. "Sesshoumaru do you even know what love is?" At this he frowned, feeling slightly wounded.

"You presume to know things that you could not possibly know or understand human. I have laid claim to you. I need not explain it or give reason behind it. Do not question me as I can make your answers painful." Kagome snorted lightly again and still gazed out into the distance.

"Threats…that's what you're good at Sesshoumaru. Pretty words…scary but pretty." She finally turned to face him. "You honestly believe that I'm going to bow down and accept you as my master? You know I'm not that kind of person. You know I'd rather die than be ruled."

Sesshoumaru regarded her for a moment, looking into those deep brown eyes. She meant it. She would rather die than be a slave. He reached over and trailed his fingers over her cheeks lightly, looking at her in fascination.

"You are a strange creature, Kagome." Kagome frowned at him and opened her mouth to counter but closed it.

What was going on inside the taiyoukai's head? One minute he was domineering and rude then the next he was thoughtful and almost…sweet. It was unnerving to say the least.

"Why do you do that?" She asked with a frown. "It's irritating."

"Do what?" He asked with his own frown as his hand dropped to his lap.

"One minute you're being an ass and the next you're making my heart melt." She blushed at her choice of words hoping with all her soul that he hadn't caught them.

The slight smirk shattered her hopes of him not noticing her slip. "It was never my intention to confuse you."

She sighed and averted her eyes. "What am I going to do with you Sesshoumaru?"

"I was not aware that you had to do something with me." He fought the urge to say something slightly suggestive and waited for her to respond.

"When this is all over again. When I go home will you be there? Will this all happen again or will it finally be over? Do I finally get to live a normal life?" She sighed and looked back out into the distance.

"There is one thing that should be painfully obvious to you Kagome. Your life is not meant to be normal. It shows by the mere fact that you are here now, in a time that is not your own."

"Or is it my time? Maybe I should be here and fate's making me take this second chance to stay in the era I was supposed to stay. Do you know what I mean?" She glanced in time to catch the slight nod from the taiyoukai. "Maybe this time I'm supposed to stay with Shippou. Be here for Miroku and Sango's wedding, which by the way they haven't figured out that part so shhh." She smiled slightly then looked away.

"Or perhaps you are to stay for another reason." She turned to him then, a sudden realization dawning on her. Maybe…just maybe she was sent back to fall in love with the right guy…to be with the one she should have been with from the beginning. Sesshoumaru.

"Sesshou--" She paused and stiffened as her senses kicked in, feeling something coming.

Sesshoumaru straightened slightly also. "Do you feel that?" Kagome nodded and frowned.

"Youki?" They both stood as Sesshoumaru gave a slight nod, his hand instinctively going for Toukijin.

"Kagome-sama!"

"Kagome-chan! Do you feel it?" Kagome nodded to Miroku and Sango, sparing a glance to Inuyasha.

"It's Naraku again." She said glaring toward the general vicinity of the incoming youki.

"Plan A failed, move to plan B." Sango said dejectedly.

"He couldn't fool Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru into killing each other so he has to find another way." Miroku said sagely.

"Is it just me…?" Kagome started. "Or are his attacks and plans getting rather pathetic lately?"

"Yeah well what do you expect from him? Intelligence?" Inuyasha snorted. Kagome frowned and him and turned to the Kitsune on his shoulder.

"Shippou please go to Kaede and tell her to be ready." She walked toward him and held out her arms to which he immediately jumped into.

"But Kagome-"

"Shippou, please. For me? And stay there until I come back. I don't want anything to happen to you." She smiled sweetly at him. "You're my world my pup. I'd be lost without you. Now please go."

The kit sniffled slightly then nodded and bounced out of her arms and out of sight. Kagome turned to face the direction of the incoming youki but froze in mid-turn. Suddenly a wave of nausea passed over her and she could feel nothing. She screamed in her mind but her mouth wouldn't open, her lungs wouldn't take in the air to provide substance to the scream.

She felt heavy, unreal…controlled. A moment later her body started moving on it's own accord, turning toward the youki then walking toward it. Everyone was calling out to her but she couldn't respond. Gee this was only the third time someone's taken over her body, you'd think she'd be ready for it. Nope. This one was more powerful than the last. No matter how hard she tried she couldn't even break through.

Sesshoumaru grabbed her arm and she paused, turning blank brown eyes to him. "Let the girl go Sesshoumaru-sama or she will die." It was Kagome's voice but it was cold, empty. Sesshoumaru frowned but his hand fell to his waist.

"What are you doing Sesshoumaru?! Grab her! He can't hurt her if he's not here! Don't let her go to him." Inuyasha yelled as he started toward Kagome. Before he could reach out to her an arrow whizzed between him and Kagome. Inuyasha and the controled Kagome both turned to the owner of the arrow only to see Kikyou. A cold and very un-Kagome-like smirk formed on her lips.

"Kikyou what a surprise." Kagome's emotionless voice said; lacking the surprise she spoke of.

"He can hurt her Inuyasha. If you want the girl to live then let her go to him." Sesshoumaru's eyes narrowed at the undead priestess.

"You, dead miko, have been known to hinder Kagome and to try to bring about her death. Why should we listen to you?" Kikyou returned Sesshoumaru's glare.

"What do you know youkai?" She turned to Inuyasha as Kagome started moving away again. "If you treasure your shard seer then let her go." There was a moment of silence as Inuyasha stared at Kagome's retreating form.

Nothing was said as they watched Kagome fade away from sight.

~*~

TBC…

Sorry it took so long to update and for another cliffy but it seemed like a good place to stop so the next chapter would be more…eventful. See ya soon!

Ja!


Napea *Meamiko*