InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Confetti ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~*~*~Konnichi wa minna-san! What's up? Ano, I don't have much to say except well I guess arigatou for the reviews. They are GREATLY appreciated. Okay now on with the long awaited chapter~*~*~*~

Confetti

Chapter 5

~*~*~*~

The next morning everybody was calm as collected as if the incident the night before had never happened. Shippo was giddy with excitement to be taken on a tour of his okaa-san's home/era. Even though he'd been in this era numerous times before, he had never gone on a tour, so the only thing he had seen was the shrine.

Sesshoumaru was just looking bored as usual. He was leaning against the living room wall, just silently watching Kagome go about and fidget with her kit. He had a small smile on his face while watching her hips. (*cough*)

"Kaa-san" Shippo whined, "Why do I have to dress this way again?"

"Because you'll attract too much attention if you wear and look like you usually do."

She waved her hands and chanted a spell. Immediately his kitsune attributes were gone. He looked like a small ningen boy. Then she turned to Sesshoumaru.

"Sesshoumaru you'll need to have a concealment spell too. Oh and you'll definitely need some different clothes." She put the spell on him, (That means: no tail, markings or claws and fangs. The only thing he has left is hair color and eye color.) then rushed upstairs to get him some clothes.

Seconds later, she reappeared; holding a small pile of clothing in her arms. She smiled and held them out to her as she approached him.

"Here, go up to the bathroom and change. Come back down and show me when you're done okay?" He nodded and climbed the stairs to the bathroom. (AN: oops, forgot to tell you, just pretend that Kagome already explained all the gadgets and the bathroom and stuff okay? That's how he knows what and where the bathroom is.)

While he was getting ready, Kagome put a concealment spell on herself also. She went to the mirror and checked to see if everything was good. Then she heard an `ahem' and she turned to see Sesshoumaru. She gasped.

Sesshoumaru was wearing some slightly baggy blue jeans, with a red muscle shirt that said `King'. That perfectly suited his personality, don't cha say? (AN: Lol, that shirt thing I just made up for the personality thing. I thought it was funny.)

`Damn he looks good………!' she thought.

"What, do I look bad or something?" said an aggravated Sesshoumaru.

Kagome finally broke out of her staring mode and blushed.

"I-Iie, you look good!" She said; then she added, in a barely audible whisper, "Really damn good………"

Sesshoumaru smirked. `Well I guess I'll have to wear these types of clothes more often then, won't I? Especially if I have this affect on her.'

"Okay, I'm just gonna go change then too, then we'll go okay?" she said with her almighty cheerfulness again.

When she was done and had reappeared, it was Sesshoumaru's turn to be speechless. (Kawaii!)

Kagome was dress in low rider bell-bottom blue jeans with a cream colored tank top. The tank top said `Queen' on it. (*hint hint, wink wink*)

"How do I look Sesshou?" she asked, barely restraining the giggles from the sight of Sesshoumaru with his mouth hanging open.

He just nodded, not being able to say anything. Shippo came and tackled her with a hug.

"Wow mommy, you look really pretty! Man, if you would have worn that back in the Feudal Era, you would have to beat guys off with a stick every five minutes; especially Miroku and Kouga!"

(AN: Speaking of Miroku, and Sango, you're probably wondering where they were the last 4 chapters, ne? Well let's just say they were on searching for shards on their own okay?)

Sesshoumaru growled. Who the hell were Kouga and Miroku? First it was Inuyasha and a murmur of a Hojo person and now it was two other persons. How many were after her affections?

"Okay, now that that's all gone and done, why don't we start on that tour?" She said after Sesshoumaru had regained his composure and Shippo had stopped babbling.

Shippo nodded very enthusiastically and jumped down to the floor and grabbed her hand. They looked just like mother and son. She walked out to her car with Shippo in tow and Sesshoumaru following cautiously. She put Shippo in the back seat and buckled him up and then she got in the drivers seat. Sesshoumaru just stood outside the car and looked at it skeptically. Kagome rolled down the car windows and yelled to Sesshoumaru.

"C'mon Sesshoumaru! It's not going to eat you!"

"What is it? Is it a youkai?" Sesshoumaru asked.

She laughed. "Iie, Sesshoumaru. It's called a car. It's one of our ways of transportation now. Now just lift the handle and get in!" He hesitated, but did what he was told.

"Now put on your seatbelt." She commanded.

"Wench, stop ordering me around, I am not your servant." He retorted. `Plus, I don't even know what a seatbelt is.'

She pointed to a belt behind him and showed it how it worked by doing her own. He did it and then she put the key in the ignition and started up the engine. Sesshoumaru jumped at the growling noise that the engine was making. He looked at Kagome like she was insane.

"Wench this is too a demon! Its growling, don't you care that you upset it?"

She laughed once more and said, "Iie, that's the engine that's making that noise. The engine is what helps the car go. If it makes that noise then that means its working."

So off they go. First they stopped at what Kagome called an Ice Cream Parlor. She let Shippo pick which he wanted and of course he picked chocolate ice-cream. Sesshoumaru, who also loved chocolate, picked the same thing. Kagome picked strawberry. They sat down at a table for three and ate in silence; except for Shippo, who was being a normal little messy boy.

At one point, an employee passed their table and remarked on how good they were to their son. Kagome blushed and Sesshoumaru even got a slight pinkish tinge to his cheeks. It didn't go unnoticed that they didn't object to it either.

After they had gotten done eating, they left for movies. They were seeing a movie called `Pirates of the Caribbean' (AN: That is my ALL TIME favorite movie EVER, especially Johnny Depp! Ho ya! In fact, I'm watching it right now while I'm writing this!). When they got into the theater Kagome got popcorn and soda for each of them. Sesshoumaru was very curious about the food and drink, so Kagome explained and `forced' him to try it. He did, and he found that he liked it very much.

When they got *in* the theater, Kagome picked out some seats for them. Sesshoumaru sat on the left, Kagome in the middle, and Shippo on the right. Then the movie started. Sesshoumaru and Shippo were both very impressed with the story and the whole `special effects' thing, as Kagome had briefly explained to them.

During the whole movie Kagome kept remarking (unconsciously) on how good Johnny Depp, a.k.a. Captain Jack Sparrow, looking was and how he played the part exquisitely. Of course, this elicited a jealous growl from the Taiyoukai sitting next to her. Kagome heard and looked at Sesshoumaru in question. He got up and left the theater and Kagome followed. Shippo was just possessed with the movie and didn't even notice them leave.

Outside the theater, Sesshoumaru stopped and Kagome came up beside him.

"Sesshou, what's wrong? Why did you leave?" she asked, concerned.

"Do you plan to mate with that man on the screen?" he answered with his own question. `If she is, I will kill that man!' (AN: pfft………! omg, lol. Didn't you want to burst out laughing at that question? It sounds wrong, don't cha think?)

She gaped at him, mouth opening and closing like she had to say something but couldn't. Finally, after about a minute or so, she found her voice.

"NANI?!" she screeched.

He winced by the volume of her vocals, but didn't see what was wrong with that question; it was perfectly logical to him.

"Nani?!" she screeched again, this time a little less loud. A little.

"Do you intend to mate with him? You were admiring him and praising him like he was your mate to be. Is he?!"

Kagome stared at him like he had grown a second head, and then promptly burst into a fit of laughter.

Sesshoumaru growled; he did not see the humor of this situation, so why was she laughing? This was a serious concept! He *really* wanted to know if she was going to be mated to that guy!

"You think I am going to be with Johnny Depp?! Oh my god, that's so hilarious! No Sesshou, I just am admiring how good he looks. Hell, all my friends are the same way, and even my MOM too. You have nothing to be jealous over Sesshou. He's sort of just a fantasy thing." She explained to him after laughter had subsided.

`What?! All women fawned over that man? Oh well, at least she's not going to mate with him.' He thought with renewed happiness. Then something came to his attention.

"I am NOT jealous, Kagome." He retorted at her.

She rolled her eyes and snorted in disbelief.

"Pfft………puh-lease Sesshou. How come you were so worked up about the matter then, hmm? Why would you care, and how come your eyes were turning a slight red when you mentioned him? Don't give me the `I'm not jealous' crap, Sesshoumaru."

He was just about to send another retort at her when a voice was heard.

"Higurashi-san?" a timid voice said.

The couple turned to see a human boy with light brown hair peering at Kagome in confusion.

"Hojo-kun?" Kagome squeaked.

Sesshoumaru frowned. `Hojo-KUN? Ah, this must be the boy I heard her mutter about last night. He better not make any moves on Kagome.' He thought with a small growl.

"Higurashi-san, what are you doing here? I thought you were at home with the flu. That's what I was informed of by your ji-chan anyway………" he trailed off in recognition that he had been lied to.

"Ano………well you see, Hojo-kun………" Kagome tried explaining nervously while twirling a strand of her hair around her finger.

"So actually you were out here on a date with this guy?" he said with slight anger; pointing at Sesshoumaru.

Sesshoumaru growled and stepped closer to Kagome. He did definitely not like this Hojo person.

"No, no, no Hojo, you got it all wrong! Me and Sesshoumaru aren't like that. He's a………friend, yeah a friend………from………out of town and I was just showing him around………! Heh heh……" She said while frantically waving her arms around in front of Sesshoumaru.

Sesshoumaru was a little hurt by her words. `She doesn't think that we hold some kind of relationship?'

"Well then, if you two aren't together, then would you like to go with me to see another movie next Saturday?" he said hopefully, while also putting on a puppy dog look thinking she couldn't refuse it.

Sesshoumaru forgot his hurt feelings and growled loudly at Hojo. `This boy is going to steal her from me the first chance he gets! I better get rid of him before he does!' He growled again, more fiercely this time, and stepped towards the frightened boy and his hands started glowing the sickly poison green.

Hojo winced and began to fear the silver-haired man before him. `How is he growling like that? He doesn't sound human! And what's with the glowing hands?' Hojo thought.

Just as Sesshoumaru was going to make full his thoughtful threats, Kagome interjected. She planted herself right in between the two boys and glared at Sesshoumaru.

"Sesshou………" she warned, "you promised you wouldn't kill anybody, remember?" she shook her finger in the `ah, ah, ah' gesture.

Hojo looked scared for his life. He gulped when he heard her last statement. `What, he USUALLY kills people? I'm standing three feet away from a murderer, and Kagome doesn't even seem scared of him! Does she help him maybe?' he thought with even more fear.

"Ano, Kagome? Is there something you're not telling me?" He asked nervously.

Kagome looked between Hojo and Sesshoumaru. She turned her attention to Sesshoumaru and asked,

"Do you think it's alright if we tell him, Sesshou?"

"Absolutely not, he is just another filthy lying human. If we told him, the whole world would know about it by the next afternoon." He replied.

"Aw, c'mon Sesshou, Hojo isn't like that!" she defended. She turned to Hojo. "Hojo, if we told you a humongous secret, could you PROMISE not to tell ANYONE about it? And I mean NOBODY else can know."

`They really ARE murderers!' Hojo thought. His body responded on its own and betrayed him as he slowly inclined his head, even though he was seriously thinking of running to the police. Kagome turned back to Sesshoumaru happily.

"See? He swears."

Sesshoumaru sighed and reluctantly gave in. "Fine, go get your kit and then let's go and explain this somewhere secluded."

"Thank you Sesshou!" she said. She kissed him on the cheek and skipped off to get her son; leaving a stunned demon lord and boy in her wake.

~*~*~*~

Sesshoumaru glared murderously at the young human. The said human shifted uneasily under the intense gaze. This human, he thought the last word disgustingly, challenged his claim on the woman. Him, the Taiyoukai of the Western Lands! If Kagome weren't here, he'd be dead. Simple as that.

He started thinking of reconsidering his decision about letting the boy live and let him find out about the well.

The boy looked up at Sesshoumaru suddenly, but almost immediately shrunk back under the frozen gaze. Almost. He seemed very much determined to maybe interrogate him.

"What is your relationship with Kagome-san?" He asked suspiciously. His eyes were filled with hope, fear, jealousy, anger………etc.

"Do not question me human." Was the only reply Hojo got from the demon lord.

"Ah-ha! So you aren't human cuz you just called me human! Is that how it is, Sesshoumaru-san?"

"………" Sesshoumaru contemplated his answer before answering sternly, "You will find out soon enough, whelp."

Hojo opened his mouth to ask more questions, but stopped when the silver haired man growled a little.

~*~*~*~

Such incompetence! Sesshoumaru hissed in his mind. He is asking questions, to me! I need to get rid of him quickly before Kagome comes back.

And Sesshoumaru was thiiiiiissss close to killing the annoying, human boy. But luckily for Hojo, Kagome came to the rescue.

She strode out of the doors of the theater with Shippo in her arms. On her face were a small frown and her eyes held worry. Obviously, she thought Sesshoumaru would have killed Hojo by now. Little did she know, but her theory was almost proven correct, too.

Hojo eyed the little boy in her arms suspiciously. Was this little boy her and that guy Sesshoumaru's son? God he hoped not. But his hopes were squashed when he heard the little boy speak.

"Mommy, why are we leaving? The movie thing wasn't over yet! And it was so cool too! There were pirates and skeletons and sword fights, just like Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru's fights, and………and………" he went on and on until Kagome interrupted.

"Shippo, sweetie, one of my friends came and Sesshou and I are going to tell him about everything, but we have to leave and find a place were there are no eavesdropping humans, okay?" She questioned in a motherly-sweet voice.

"Hai, Okaa-san!" he said happily.

Hojo once again took notice of the way the two had said `humans'. It made them sound as if they themselves weren't humans. But that wasn't possible, was it? Demons and other supernatural things only existed in myths and legends right? Oh well, like Sesshoumaru-san had said, he'd find out soon enough.

~*~*~*~

They made their way to their cars. Kagome strapped Shippo in and Sesshoumaru got in on the passengers side. She then got in her car and drove. Hojo got in his own car and followed. Hojo had decided to follow them, since of course he did not know where they were going.

~*~*~*~In Kagome's Car~*~*~*~

"So Sesshou, where should we go?" Kagome asked.

"How about your shrine, your family are also youkai and know all about the well and Sengoku Jidai." He replied. "I still don't understand why we're letting this human boy find out about the well. I do not like him." He finalized, as if saying that would just make Kagome change her mind and let him kill the meddling human.

Kagome shot him a look out of the corner of her eye. She smirked but didn't comment on the last statement; instead she just went on about his first answer. And even though she knew Sesshoumaru would object if she commented on that little statement, she knew he was being jealous again.

"My place is a great idea! Now why didn't I think of that?" she wondered sarcastically.

Sesshoumaru just rolled his eyes (AN: yes I know, OOC so don't comment please) and Shippo just stayed silent, listening to them.

~*~*~*~

Arriving at the Higurashi Shrine caused some confusion for Hojo. Weren't they trying to get out of the way of any eavesdroppers? Her family would surely try to. But wait what if they were in on any murders too? `Man, I'm surrounded by murderers!!!!'

Kagome, with Shippo in her arms and Sesshoumaru following, she walked past Hojo and up the stairs. She couldn't help but notice the way Hojo was muttering incoherently under his breath. If she didn't know better, Hojo's mutterings sounded strangely like, `I'mgonnadie' over and over again. What is up with him? She had no idea.

They walked inside and sat down in living room. Sesshoumaru sat oddly close to Kagome and Shippo was still in her arms. Hojo sat across from the three and stared at them in nervous apprehension.

Clearing her throat, Kagome asked, "So Hojo-kun, do you have any questions before we begin?"

Hojo wrenched himself out his staring and nodded vigorously at them. "Hai, I have billion questions Kagome-san! For one, are you guys murderers?!" (AN: The Moment Of Truth people!!!)

They looked at him like he was crazy, well at least Kagome and Shippo. Sesshoumaru smirked but didn't say anything.

"Eh? What the hell are you talking about Hojo?!" Kagome asked "Murderers? What in the seven hells gave you that idea?!"

"So you aren't murderers?" he asked in disbelief/relief, while putting a hand over his heart. "Oh and here I thought that you were going to kill me Higurashi………" he mumbled sheepishly.

Kagome shot a sharp glare at Sesshoumaru. Did he have anything to do with Hojo's confusion?

"Sesshoumaru, did you by chance, say anything to make Hojo think that?"

Sesshoumaru looked at her and smirked but denied the fact that he had said anything, "Iie."

"Really………" she said in mock belief.

Hojo then decided it was time for him to speak up, "So Higurashi, what is it that you were going to tell me about then?"

Kagome took a deep breath and began her story. "Well it starts on the day of my fifteenth birthday………"

~*~*~*~

Hojo sat wide-eyed when Kagome had finished her tale. All that had been going on before was finally starting to make sense. The little boy wasn't her biological son, the demon lord and she weren't in a relationship (yet), Kagome time-traveled and that made her miss school, and he also found that he was right before; they weren't humans. But how is all this believable? He'd have to have her show him.

"Ano, your story is quite strange, but I'll think I'll believe it better if I saw your demon forms. Is that alright?"

Kagome nodded and took of her and the others' concealment spells.

Hojo's jaw dropped. `Wow' was all he could think. Kagome had become even more beautiful than before! He glanced at the demon lord who was sitting possessively close to Kagome and fixing him with a very cold stare; a stare that clearly stated, `hands off.'

Hojo shivered involuntarily. He figured it would be much healthier for him to just stay her friend and not something more.

~*~*~*~

After a little while, Hojo decided to go home. Kagome made him promise not to tell anyone. Hojo agreed and then went to his home.

Kagome stood in the doorway seeing Hojo off. She almost jumped out of her skin when an arm went around her waist and pulled her back onto something firm. She looked up to see Sesshoumaru staring down at her.

"Did you mean what you said before to that boy?" he asked.

"What do you mean Sesshou?"

She turned to look him in the eye. It startled her to see that his eyes were filled with a bit of sadness. "What's wrong?" she asked when he did not answer right away. She put her hand up to his face hoping to soothe him.

He turned his face into her palm and then he got suddenly happy. He looked at her with newfound mischief twinkling in his golden orbs.

"You lied to me earlier, Kagome."

Okay, now she was beyond confused, "What are you talking about?"

"Before you said that you and I did not have a relationship. You lied." He stated, finally answering her questions.

She sputtered and blushed deeply. After a few minutes, she grinned up at him and said, "I guess I did, didn't I?"

He returned the smile and leaned in to kiss her. She leaned up in compliance. Right when they inches apart, a loud noise made them jump apart. It was Souta. He had been chasing Shippo for some reason or other, and accidentally run into a door. (AN: had to put something humorous in there. Lol ^_^)

They pulled apart; the romantic moment broken. Kagome was blushing prettily and even Sesshoumaru had a light blush on his pale face.

"Er………ano………anyway Sesshou, tomorrow we'll be leaving back to your time okay?" Kagome asked. Sesshoumaru only nodded and watched her as she nodded in return and rushed off to go do something.

As soon as she was out of sight, Sesshoumaru sighed heavily. He had been so close! Shimatta! He'll just try later then! He smiled inwardly; yes, tomorrow was going to be fun.

~*~*~*~End Chapter~*~*~*~

Whoa! I totally surprised myself when I wrote this chapter. It so didn't go the way I had planned it. I had this total different thing with Hojo I was gonna write, but as I started writing that part, it turned out totally different. And then this chapter turned out to be 12 pages!!! I am SO proud of myself! Longest chapter I've EVER written. -^_^-

Oh and if you go back to the dialogue where Kagome and Sesshoumaru are debating whether or not Hojo should know about the Well and Sengoku Jidai and look at it from Hojo's POV, it really does sound like they're murderers! It's hilarious! Even my mom was like laughing out loud at it. Oh and I hope you got the King and Queen thing before. Heh heh………

Okay next chapter I think you'll love. It's gonna be like a songfic thingy. It's also gonna be like WAY fluffy. So wait for it, it'll be out pretty soon. I already have about 4 pages written.

~*~*~*~oh here's the Japanese vocab:

Shimatta - darn it

Okaa-san - mother

Ano - um

Iie - no

Kun - suffix used for best guy friend

San - suffix used for addressing a person you hardly know

Hai - yes/yeah

Nani - what

Youkai - demon

Konnichi wa - hello/good afternoon

Minna - everyone

Kawaii - cute

~*~*~*~okay that's it I think~*~*~*~

Oh yeah and REVIEW!!!