InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Confetti ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~*~*~Hey y'all! I'm back! YAYSIES! ^-^ Okays, since I haven't been able to update of anything lately, I'm trying my hardest to make it to y'all! I'm gonna update ALL stories and they're going to my best writing okay? Well anyhoo, Here's the new chapter! …I have a feeling you're going to hate me after it though…but hey, the story finally has PLOT! Whoo!~*~*~*~

Italics = thoughts

~*~*~*~*~

Confetti

Chapter 7

~*~*~*~*~

The next morning Sesshoumaru sat in his study trying to work. He couldn't though, for his mind seemed to only want to focus on the woman that was currently staying in his home. (AN: no, not Rin. -_-*)

Bringing him out of his thoughts, he heard the light patter of footsteps on the tile out in the hallway, right outside his door. He took a whiff of the scent and determined who it was.

"Come in Kagome" he said with a slight smile.

She came in at his command and stood in front of his desk, head down. He thought this rather peculiar --for a woman who was always outspoken and cheerful-- and asked, "Is something the matter?" Worry laced his tone and his smile vanished.

She looked up at him and he was startled. Her face was a mixture of sadness and longing. What was wrong with her? What happened? Just last night she was laughing and smiling at him with love, as was he with her, so what was wrong now?

"Sesshoumaru…" her voice was barely a whisper, even to his ears.

"Kagome? What's wrong? Did something happen?"

She nodded and held out a piece of paper. It was the first time he had noticed that she actually had it. He took the paper hesitantly and scanned the paper. His eyes widened as he read. What the hell…?

When he was through, he looked up with worry. "Kagome…"

Her usual bright blue-gray eyes were now dimmed and troubled, and at the moment they were brimming with tears. She made her way over to him, slowly at first then gaining speed as she got closer --as if she was just gradually learning to walk-- until she just launched herself towards him and latched onto his waist, sobbing.

He didn't really know what to do. He wasn't really experienced in the area that involved kindness and comforting. But nonetheless, he pulled her into his lap and hugged her. While trying to soothe her with words and petting, he tried to think about the letter that was plaguing them.

It disturbed him greatly and made his heart feel as if it could shatter easily. He had to find an easier solution then what the note suggested.

*

Eventually Kagome's sobs subsided and just became silent crying, with the occasional sniffle. She hugged Sesshoumaru tight to her and buried her head in his chest. Finally, she spoke, "What should I do?"

He did not say anything at first, choosing to ponder his answer before replying. "I…Kagome…" he paused "Maybe we should take a few days to think about this. We should have a sensible solution for this."

She nodded and started to get out of his lap to leave. He stopped her, however. "Why don't you stay in here, Kagome?"

She nodded once more and resettled herself in his lap. Sesshoumaru rested his chin on top of her heads and crossed his arms over her.

Kagome closed her eyes and thought, what should I do? How am I going to get through this? I can't leaveand go to solve this crises…I don't want to…She sniffled. But I'm going to have to…to save Shippo…

~*~*~*~End Chapter~*~*~*~

Hehehehehehehe…Well, there you go! I know it really is VERY short….but it sets up the NEW PLOT! ^_^ Yes, while I was gone, I thought up a plot and this is what I got so far! Heh, you guys hate me now don't cha? Ah well, hey, at least I'm back! ^_^ Whoo! The next chapter will be longer, I promise!