InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Consistently Inconsistent ❯ 'cause baby you're so cute when you're angry ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Fucking hell. I love the world right now. Mostly, mostly, the world is pretty awesome because it gives me pretty awesome reviews from pretty awesome people. Thank you pretty awesome people! Thank you this much - you can't see my arms right now, but they were spread super wide.
 
This chapter's kind of boring and kind of a filler. But enjoy as much as you can.
And keep those reviews up, if you catch the chance. It makes me feel magical, like I can fly. But I get in trouble when I climb up onto the roof and then try and dive off it. People also call me “pete wentz” for doing that. I don't get it. Pete Wentz is a silly boy. I'm a girl.
 
P.S. Sorry for any mistakes in this chapter. It hasn't been fully beta-d.
Again, the offer still stands: if anyone is interested in taking up the job of beta-ing, please contact me. I appreciate it very much.
 
Thank you again and again and again. Because I won't say it enough.
I'll try and get the next chapter up soon-ish or something.
Muah.
------
 
Consistently Inconsistent
 
chapter three: `cause baby you're so cute when you're angry
 
 
InuYasha heard it even through the thick pads of his $60 headphones. There was screaming, and if he let himself split an eye open he would see, there was jumping.
 
“You'll never believe who called me!”
 
The van tilted to the right and Sango threw back, “My bad.”
 
They had to get up early early today and this show was a little bigger (a lot more people). InuYasha thought maybe he should keep a diary. The whole week kind of blurred into one motion and his memories were more of a montage than specifics- a week of too loud speakers, faulty amps, squeaky microphones, and crazy kids.
It was more than a little bit insane.
 
The van was holding up, sort of - if you didn't count the chipping black paint above the rims and the mound of laundry that never really moved from the side door. They'd been lucky enough to get motels close to every night; it had been more a matter of having to get to venues on time or rooms already being booked than money.
 
InuYasha slid his headphones down. “Who called?” Kouga's head shifted against his back and InuYasha glanced to make sure he was still asleep.
 
Miroku gave a grin, “Your brother.”
 
Kagome raised an upside-down eyebrow. She'd been sitting with her feet in the air just long enough to make everyone wonder if she was permanently damaging her brain with all that blood rushing down the wrong way.
“Sessh? He always calls at some point during the day.” She swung her feet forwards and back a little before grunting and turning sideways.
 
InuYasha stared at her lying in-between the rows of seats. “Yeah, exactly. Why is this such a big deal?” He felt Kouga sigh behind his neck.

“Duh. Miroku's practically in love with Sesshomaru. Haven't you seen him making cow-eyes?”
 
Miroku flushed, “I'm not in love with him.”
 
InuYasha jumped up, “Are you serious? Are you fucking serious?”
Kagome turned wide-eyes to InuYasha, mouthing “My Gawd.”
Kouga looked mildly startled and asked, “What? Why are you freaking out?”
 
InuYasha narrowed his eyes at Kouga before turning his gaze to Miroku. “You.” He pointed, “You want to have sex with my brother.”
 
Miroku's right foot shuffled backwards, he nodded slightly at the statement. “Um... yes?”
 
InuYasha yelled, “The fuck?” He stomped his feet and the van rattled in protest, “Do you have any idea how- just. Holy shit. My goddamn best friend and he - out of all the guys.” He stopped his pacing and snapped his head toward Miroku, “I hate you.” InuYasha dropped into the shot-gun seat.
 
Kouga frowned at the back of the front seat. “What's up his ass?”
Miroku giggled, “Wouldn't you like to know.”
A blue pillow was chucked at Miroku' face. “Shove it.” Kouga rolled over, closing his eyes.
 
Why does everybody hate me today?”
 
“'Cause you're a whore.” InuYasha shouted from his place next to Sango.
 
-|-|-|-|-
 
A good hour was actually spent trying to get InuYasha to talk to both Sesshomaru and Miroku. The first time his brother had called and Inu answered, the silver-haired man was greeted with a lot of shouting and a lot of talk about unjustified sex. By the third round of playing a reformed version of hot potato with the cellular phone, InuYasha was able to speak with his elder kin devoid of too much growling. They were instructed to meet Sesshomaru at a restaurant by the venue after their show. InuYasha nearly refused to show up if Miroku and Sesshomaru were going to sit at the same table.
 
Another hour later led them to yelling almost-fans and a couple hours after that led them to a small green painted building that claimed to own the best coffee in the world.
 
Sesshomaru was seated at an entirely too large table, in-between red booths. He stood to greet them and his white dress shirt rippled in the process.
“Glad you made it.”
 
InuYasha gave a curt nod to his brother and his silver hair sloshed as he slid into the right booth. Kouga followed him and Sesshomaru eyed their closeness. Kagome trailed in after Koga while both Miroku and Sango patiently waited for Sesshomaru to re-seat himself.
 
Sesshomaru stepped to the side and gave his brother a pointed look, “Please, ladies first.”
InuYasha rolled his eyes as Sesshomaru bent into the left booth after Sango. Miroku piled in and sat half in older man's lap.
 
Sesshomaru cleared his throat, “So, I see you've decided on a band name.” He discreetly tried to push Miroku off his thighs.
 
Kagome gleefully nodded and her ponytail bobbed. InuYasha was pouting when she answered, “Yeah. We thought Advocate was pretty good.”
 
“Oh?” Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow. “Everyone agreed?”
 
Kagome glanced among the two brothers, “Yeah... It was a group decision.”
 
“It's nice to know that InuYasha is capable of coming to some sort of compromise with anyone.” Sesshomaru's lips twitched upwards.
 
InuYasha's head whipped around, “Fuck you.”
 
Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed in the slightest bit, “Just because your best friend has feelings for me, it's no reason to act rude.”
 
InuYasha's milky hands slammed onto the table, it shook and he shouted, “I'll show you rude.”
 
Kouga and Miroku jumped up at the same time. Kouga said, “Whoa, hey. It's alright.” as he lowered the younger boy back into his seat.
 
Miroku offered Sesshomaru a nervous laugh. “Yeah. Let's just all…” He swallowed, “Cool it.”
 
Sesshomaru smiled brilliantly. His teeth gleamed and he said, “Of course. Don't want anything getting out of hand.”
 
Sango and Kagome exchanged a look.
 
-|-|-|-|-
 
Dinner was filled with tension and it took a lot of sarcasm/good natured joking from the other four members of the band until things started to loosen up.
 
Before they left Sesshomaru passed them a manila envelope. “You should look this over; it's about another new band coming into the scene. I think they're called Playground.”
 
Sango laughed, “What the hell kind of name is that?”
 
Kagome shrugged, “It's better than Splinter Cell.” They grinned at InuYasha.
 
“What? I like that name, okay?” Inu crossed his arms across his chest and stared fixedly at his gray shoes.
 
Sesshomaru said, “You would rip off a video game for a good band name? Jesus.”
 
“Hey! Fuck you.”
 
“You've already said that, little brother.”
 
-|-|-|-|-
 
When everyone was snuggled inside varying shades of green sheets and blankets centered in a tan hotel room, InuYasha popped open the envelope.
“Let's have a look at these guys.”
 
He read aloud, “New to the pop-punk/emo scene is the much appraised band Playground. With a powerful lead singer Naraku and established lead guitarist Kikyo, Playground has been quickly gaining fans throughout the West Coast area.”
 
Kouga frowned and leaned over InuYasha's shoulder to continue reading. “Playground is responsible for the most recently hyped song `Because You Told Me' which ascertains to a particularly bad relationship their bassist Kagura was in a year ago.” Kouga paused for a minute and skimmed the page, “They have a whole fucking interview with her. Apparently this song is getting shit loads of attention.”
 
Kagome asked, “What the hell is this?” She reached over the beds to hold out one pale hand expectantly. “Let me see.”
 
InuYasha scoffed and threw it over. Kagome flipped the pages around and scanned down to where Koga had stopped reading.
 
Sango peered over the other girls' head to have a look. Miroku rolled sideways from his spot next to Sango and tapped her on the back. “What's it say? What's it say?”
 
“Ssshhh.” Sango slapped Miroku's arms away and her eyebrows creased at the centerfold. “I'm trying to find out.”

Miroku pawed at her back, “But Sango.”
 
“Shut up.” Kagome said and glanced back at the paper. “Okay, this is ridiculous. How do they have so much attention? It's only their first week of getting signed to - holy shit, the same fucking label we have that meeting with.”
 
InuYasha shook his head, “This is not cool.”
 
-|-|-|-|-
 
A week later found Miroku and Kouga with a spectacularly bad purchase.
“Get that fucking camera out of my face.” InuYasha yelled and kicked Miroku in the shins.
Kouga laughed from beside the brunette- the video recorder hung limply from his hand.
 
“Aww, c'mon Inu. It's for our website.”
 
The silver-haired boy blinked, “We have a website? Since when?”
 
Miroku grinned and held up a white business card, “Well, we're going to.”
 
InuYasha looked between the two and squinted to read the number etched in black.
“No.” He said, “I don't trust it.”
 
“What?” Kouga squawked. “There's no reason not too…”
 
InuYasha took a swig of coke, “For one: Miroku got the number. That, in itself, should be reason enough.”
 
Miroku pouted and pointed the camera at InuYasha, “At least let me interview you, please.”
 
“What? Fuck no.” InuYasha bent forward to stand up. The van seat squeaked.
 
The camera zoomed in on InuYasha's right eye and cheekbone, “But I know you waaaannnnt me tooo.”
 
A hand covered the clean lens, “Actually, I really don't.”
 
-|-|-|-|-
 
Before the band formally left the small city located somewhere in the state of Oregon, Miroku led them to the afore mentioned piercing and tattoo parlor.
 
A strong hand clasped around Kouga's wrist. “Seriously, I have to best idea for you. Ever.”
 
The bassist was pulled towards the entrance. “What? Miroku, what are you -- hey, let go!”
The other three members of the band laughed as Kouga flailed in Miroku's grasp.
 
Kouga clutched onto InuYasha's red shirt. “Help me.” He whispered loudly into the soft material.
 
InuYasha blanched and tried to pry Kouga's firm grip off of his clothing. “Hey man, you got yourself into this.”
 
Kouga looked desperate, “InuYasha, I swear to fucking God if you let him take me in there…” Miroku tugged harder. “I will kill you. And not only will I kill you, I will kill your family and very fucking person you care even just a little about. That is a promise.” Kouga huffed. “Now, help me.”
 
InuYasha's eyes widened.
Miroku was muttering, “C'mon, it's gonna be so sweet, this tattoo I have planned. Oh, and since we're here you can get that piercing I've always told you to get, you know the one on your…”
InuYasha had been about to tell Kouga that his scrawny ass couldn't do any kind of damage if he tried- but now he was scrambling to place strong arms around Kouga's torso.
InuYasha pulled and Miroku pulled.
 
Kouga choked, “Guys! You're gonna rip me in half- hey, fucking, watch it!”
 
Miroku's hand slipped and with an indignant cry he toppled over. The loss of pressure caused InuYasha to loose his footing and fall elegantly down on his ass. Kouga followed and the younger boy winced, “I think you broke my kidney.”
 
Kouga blinked down at InuYasha, his elbow jammed between something soft and something not-so-soft, both probably having relations to a vital body part and/or organ. “I didn't know you could break kidneys.”
 
Miroku sat up behind them and pouted, “All I wanted was one tattoo. Just one harmless -”
 
InuYasha growled and shoved Kouga off. “Oh, fuck you Miroku. This is all your fault anyway.”
 
Kagome was doubled over laughing. “…Holy Mother of God. Sango, please tell me you recorded that.”
 
“Oh yes.” Sango said and shifted the camera down from her eye-level, “I got everything.”
 
InuYasha threw his hands up. “Happy fucking birthday.”
He stood, twisted around, and marched inside the van.
 
After the door slammed Kouga cleared his throat. “If he locks us out, I'm blaming you guys.”
 
-|-|-|-|-
 
The drive to the home was filled with phone calls from alleged family members and friends from home. The i miss you more's and can't wait to see you soon's didn't stop until they were less than a city away.
 
On the twelfth of February the band arrived in Los Angeles and was greeted with wide smiles and welcoming arms.