InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Snow ❯ Stay with me ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Please review me! I have had no one! This story has nine chapters so far and is posted on fanfiction.net under my file electricdragon! PLEASE NO FLAMES!

Crimson Snow

Chapter 2

Rin blinked several times before she turned away from the now empty balcony above her. It took her a few moments to recover from the shock and surprise she just went through. 'Did he just SMILE?' Rin chuckled nervously to herself.

"Nah...he NEVER smiles..." she sighed and wondered why Sesshomaru had dismissed her so calmly, without even a cruel remark. He didn't even seem to care! And his eyes were flashing at her with amusement when she stood down there pouting.

The teenager shook her head in disbelief, and ruffled her long beautiful raven-colored hair. 'You know...sometimes, I just don't understand you Sesshomaru-Sama...'

XOXO

Sesshomaru growled as he walked back into his room. surrounded by an assortment of usual, yet fine things. He began to pace back and forth, feeling troubled. The girl had been a bit rude, to him! How dare she and he simply ignored it!

But it was Rin...' Damn it Rin! Sometimes, I don't understand while I still keep you around. Why do you affect me so?' the taiyoukai gazed out a large window, to see the red sun setting.

The was beautiful, and it enticed him...the tension slowly began to flow away from Sesshomaru and he shook his head, leaving his dreamy state when he caught the alluring scent of cherry blossoms passing by his door and going down the hall...

"Rin?" Sesshomaru ignored the thoughts that had begun to fill his head for about a year now. (Not bad thoughts! Just thoughts about Rin in general!) He suddenly began thinking of the close approach of winter.

It was mid December, and quite chilly already...Flurries had already begun to fall, and the small animals and birds that surrounded the area were either going in hibernation or migrating to the south. Winter...that would mean harsh snow, freezing temperatures...Japan was usually quite warm, even during the winter, and never as cold as Hokkaido, but they still had their fair share of blizzards every now and then.

Sesshomaru huffed. 'Why should I worry about a little snow? What could it do?' but he would soon find out...

XOXO

It was late at night, and Rin found herself unable to sleep. Besides, she kept tossing and turning in bed trying to get comfortable and stay warm. Her room was pretty cold at night...it was almost winter anyway.

Rin knew Sesshomaru would be angry if he found her wandering the halls after dark. And if that annoying Jaken saw her...she would never hear the end of it! It would be "How could you defy the master's orders," or "Sesshomaru-sama will be very angry when he finds out about this!"

That was all Jaken ever said. All he did was blabber about being loyal to his master and giving commands to people who could easily knock him out. Every time Rin tried to have fun without Sesshomaru knowing, Jaken would ruin it for her!

She wondered why Sesshomaru wouldn't just get rid of that toad. He was so ANNOYING. Sesshomaru had become a little overprotective since a few years ago. Rin loved him dearly, but she found herself at times becoming angry at him and getting rebellious.

Why did he keep her around? He never seemed to care...but he was so kind at times. In a strange kind of way...Why couldn't he let her do what she wanted? Why couldn't...

Rin sighed, stopping the argument that went through her head 24-7. It was always why, or how, or when? She stopped when she saw a guard passing by and sank to her knees.

"Stupid guards..." Rin had spent time with everyone at the castle, getting to know them, and had learned their weaknesses. Sometimes it involved being sweet, or sadly, bribery...Rin did not like to go to dirty tricks though. She just wanted to escape from her overprotective youkai lord...

"Kai! Kai!" she whispered. A young guard of about sixteen turned around. "Rin-chan! What are you doing up?" Rin grinned sheepishly.

"Well you know..." Kai raised a hand up. "No! You know what happened the last time! Jaken wouldn't leave me alone for days..." Rin stood up and approached him, and stared at him with pleading eyes.

"Oh come on! I won't be long! The moon is crescent...and pretty! Can't I look at it?" Kai groaned. "No, and it is far to chilly-

"Ah so! Can't you let me, just for a minute?" Kai's face flushed as Rin looked at him cutely. "Dang...you are not fair! Sure, but I am not held responsible if you get caught!"

Rin grinned and kissed him on the cheek. "Arigato Kai-kun!" Kai blushed a scarlet red. "Hey...get off of me..."

XOXO

Rin sat outside; making sure no one was around. She hugged herself from the cold and looked at the clear sky...the moon was bright and a pale white. It was a crescent shape, that reminded her of the beautiful demon who took her in.

'Sesshomaru...why do I always think of you? Everything seems to remind me of you...' there was a soft echo of a wolf howling in the distance and crickets chirping.

Rin sighed, and turned her head. She gasped in surprise when she saw Sesshomaru standing there, gazing at the sky, completely unaware of her presence.

'W-What? What is he doing here?' Rin panicked. 'What do I do now?'

The cold wind blew Sesshomaru's long white mane of silky hair behind him and showed his features clearly on his placid face. His amber eyes glimmered in the moonlight and he looked so calm...Rin stared in awe at his beauty.

'Is that really Sesshomaru-Sama?' Rin gulped and her heart began to beat rapidly in her chest. A blush tinged on her cheeks and she was finally aware she had been staring at him for a while.

'Rin what is wrong with you? Why am I blushing? And why won't my eyes move!' suddenly Sesshomaru turned his head, and his eyes widened in surprise.

"Rin...what are you doing here?" Rin stared at him fearfully and stuttered to find the right words. How could she explain?

"L-Lord S-S-Sesshomaru! I...I..." Sesshomaru looked at her thoughtfully and turned away to look back at the moon.

"It is late...far to late for you to be out..." Rin nodded and shuffled her feet. "I know...my apologies my lord. But the moon...it is so-

"Beautiful?" Rin's head shot up and she nodded slowly. "Um...yeah...I promise it won't happen again-

"Quiet Rin. I wish to hear no more..." Rin's eyes became sad. "Hai. I will return to my room, and accept my punishment."

Sesshomaru turned to her. "No. I meant, I wish to hear no more apologies...I even find myself being drawn to the moon's outstanding beauty. I doubt any man could say that it was ugly."

Rin stood there. 'He is letting me off? Is he feeling...okay? Since when did Sesshomaru think anything was beautiful?'

"That's true...well it is late, and I think I should be heading back..." Rin yawned and began to walk away. She frowned when Sesshomaru did not reply, until he suddenly said one word.

"Stay."


Electricdragon-Hey? How was that? Please review! We are only at the beginning of this story!












Conv erting /tmp/phpRs4MEp to /dev/stdout