InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Snow ❯ The Tale of Dragons ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Domo Arigato! Thanks for all the reviews everyone! I am not so sure where the plot is going, but everyone seems to like it...Oh well...please continue to RR! I get so little reviews as it is, oh well! (I wrote this a long time ago…it may not be good, but that was before I fixed things…)

Crimson Snow

Chapter 5

Tale of the Dragons

Rin moaned in her sleep and sweat began to bead on her brow. "S-Sesshomaru-sama...no...Don’t go! Don't let it take me away!" the teenager rolled onto her side and whimpered, hugging her fluffy pillow, still asleep and calling out.

"N-No...D-don't..." a warm wet tear trickled down Rin's cheek and she let out a small mournful cry.

"It is so dark...Sesshomaru...Onegai. Onegai!"

Her cries were desperate, and she found herself unable to escape the binding rope that was rapped around tightly, and the darkness that eluded her vision. Rin coughed and she almost choked on her tears.

The wet liquid began to pour down her face and she rolled onto her back. "No... Sesshomaru-sama...it hurts so badly! Why aren't you here?" a servant by the name of Reni heard Rin's muffled cries from outside her room and gently creaked the door open to see if the girl was alright.

"Rin-chan? Dajibou?" Rin groaned and her fingernails dug tightly into the blankets covering her.

"Doshite? Why…d-did you leave me Sesshomaru?" Reni's eyes widened and she crept toward the futon Rin lie on and kneeled by her, and gently shook her by the shoulders.

"Oi...Rin wake up. Rin!" Rin sniffled and opened her eyes and wiped them, and stared in shock at the girl looked down upon her. "R-Reni? It was just a dream...I am sorry that I w-woke you..." Reni smiled weakly at her and shook her head.

"No it is alright. It sounds like your were having a pretty bad nightmare! You were calling out in your sleep!" Rin's dark chocolate brown eyes narrowed and she sat up, and gazed at the ground.

"I was? Yeah...um...well I am fine now. What did I say?" Reni shrugged. "Well, you said something about Lord Sesshomaru leaving you. And you were crying...you sounded so pained, and desperate."

Rin blushed and she nodded. That is so embarrassing! I was talking in my sleep? Why do I have to worry so much about him? Reni stood up and chuckled at the girl who looked like she was about to choke something to death.

"Oh calm down Rin-chan! I am sure the lord will return soon. You just get back to sleep and tell me if you need anything." Rin sighed and thanked her as she left.

Yes I need something, to know if he is okay...in that dream he... Rin shook her head and lay back down and tried to get some sleep.

"You better come back you stupid dog...you are making me start to lose it."

XOXO

Sesshomaru turned his head and smirked. He stood up and walked quietly toward where the scent was. His smirk faded when he felt an ominous sort of feeling in the air, and realized how many enemies he would be up against. But the taiyoukai reassured himself and thought of how many countless battles he had been in and conquered already.

What would a few hundred youkai be? Sesshomaru for a second let a small look of worry slip under his icy shield, but then his impassive face ruled again. He had forgotten...by the signs of the destroyed and almost desolate land...the strange scents he had begun to encounter as he walked closer and closer toward his enemy, avoiding flying, although it would be faster.

Flying would make you an easier target for arrows and to be spotted. Sesshomaru was well in enemy territory now, as well as a great creature's domain. The dragon youkai...he had slain many of their kind before, but there was the Grand Dragon's offspring that were relentless and had unimaginable powers, such as in the field of magic.

Even in Sesshomaru they struck fear, although he would never admit it. To see one of these fantastic creatures of rare beauty was a rare occasion. Few had seen them, and the little that did, mostly died.

Sesshomaru sniffed.

The air was musty and cold. 'Very distasteful...I will be glad once I get out of this foreboding place. I tried avoiding coming here as much as possible. I do not like it one bit...'

Sesshomaru heard a soft whishing sound in the distance, and he stiffened, feeling like some great presence was stalking him. "

Who's there? I demand you to come out!" he yelled, as his hand reached for Tokijin's hilt.

There was no answer, and the demon lord gazed around, letting himself calm. He continued on, until he heard a yell.

"Ah...so they have spotted me! How nice, rushing to their deaths."

XOXOX

The next morning, Rin was walking through the large library in the castle, to preoccupy herself. "I need to get my mind off him..." Rin walked from shelf to shelf, running her fingers across the hard colorful bindings of each book, and scanned through several before she found one that she was interested in and sat down to read.

The book was about a bunch of mythical creatures and tales of heroes and many battles between people and youkai. Rin grinned and thought back to when she was a child and how she used to listen to her father read to her or tell her tales. There was one that particularly caught her interest, and it had a magnificent gold and silver dragon on the front.

The dragon had its beauty, but its sharp fangs dripped blood and its sharp talons and glowing eyes caused a shiver to run down Rin's spine. She scanned through the pages, with her eyes glued to all the colorful drawings and the descriptions of this unique beast.

'Apparently, these dragons lived in clan and used to rule the northern and southern lands of Japan. They were quite common and got along with others until a great war broke out and many were slaughtered. Angered, the 'Grand Ryu' wiped out many villages and tore down areas, and left to never return. Building its own nest...and killing whoever dared pass...'

'But I have seen a dragon before and it was ugly! But these pictures are so beautiful...are there another species, and is the book right? Are they as powerful as they say? Do the ancient dragons still exist? I think I heard someone in my old village say something about the northern mountains and a great dragon occupying it once...'

"Ah it is just a story right? I get into these books..." Rin read on and her eyes widened.

'Impenetrable beasts who could slay thousands of youkai at a time? Yeah right...I bet Lord Sesshomaru could take care of them! Poison that would burn a person from the inside out? I didn't want to read that!'

Rin sighed and put the book back on the shelf in its rightful place. "In wonder if Sesshomaru has ever fought the Grand Dragon? I doubt it...it's likely they aren't he isn’t even real!"

XOXO

Sesshomaru slashed down the burly tiger youkai that approached him with an axe over its head. With swift and graceful movements, he showed them just how horrifying he could be. His poison sunk deeply into the flesh of his enemies, and his sword blew up the bodies of those foolish enough to take it on.

After a few long hours of maiming and decapitating people, Sesshomaru swished the blood off his claws and gazed around at the torn up battlefield. He was a bit winded, and had a couple scratches here and there...but it was only expected.

'That was not even half of them...damn it. I can sense a powerful aura approaching and there are much more bugs to crush.' Sesshomaru sighed and suddenly took off towards the scent.

"I must see what this power is, the one that has been bothering me so..."

Suddenly an arrow whizzed past his head and then another grazed his left shoulder. "What? A disturbance...fine then, I will just have to greet them." Sesshomaru turned around and caught an arrow that shot at him and out came several large humanoid youkai. One in the center, was a redheaded girl with a sword at her belt and had sharp liquid silver eyes that glared at him with immense hatred.

"How dare you spill blood on such sacred land? The lord will not be pleased...what is your excuse? The penalty for trespassing on this holy ground and tainting it is death!" The beautiful, yet mysterious girl yelled.

Sesshomaru scoffed "You would call this 'holy'? Tell your master unless he wishes me top lop off his head, then be gone. I have not the time for you!" The redhead cracked her knuckles and tensed, and let out a low growl.

"You dare oppose our master? You will have hell to pay!" Sesshomaru shook his head. "If you wish to die, then come at me."

All at once they attacked. Sesshomaru withdrew the Tokijin in one quick motion and slashed at him enemies.

The girl came from behind and went to strike him in the back. Sesshomaru parried and tossed her onto the ground, making her seethe with anger and lunge at him.

They just keep attacking-

Several youkai came all from behind and Sesshomaru wasn't quick enough to avoid a large gash that he got on his left side to his stomach.

The taiyoukai cut the man that hit him in half and then growled, sinking to his knees and gently poked the wound. "Nnn...what is this? Some sort of strange poison?" he growled.

The redheaded girl laughed and beckoned everyone to withdraw. "Humph...yes, it is a rare poison that will course through your blood stream and go straight to your heart. Within a few hours, you will dead. I see just by looking at you, you are no ordinary demon. But no matter what your status, you still must pay the price for your insubordinate act!"

Sesshomaru closed his eyes and got steadily to his feet. "I believe you have it backwards...I will not die. Do not underestimate this Sesshomaru's power. Now take me to this master of yours. I am quite curious to see how he will 'destroy' me'"

The redhead huffed and hesitated. "Hai...but you will regret mocking the mighty Ryu! Filth such as you don't even deserve to lay eyes on him...but don't worry, that wound will bring you great pain soon enough and you will die by the lord's hands. I am Otoki twelfth daughter to the mighty Ryu, but you may call me Toki. It won't matter anyway. I was just ordered to deal with you. I always am the one who gets the filth..."

Sesshomaru growled and flexed his claws at his honor being insulted so. "Do not refer to me as filth! I am a taiyoukai, Sesshomaru Lord of the Western Lands and son to the great Inutaisho, and I swear I will see you people disgraced..." he replied coldly, and the proper way for a samurai to address himself to his enemy.

"A lord eh? Hah that is why you seem so well bred...such delicacy, and beauty! You must take after your mother! Ha, but you will be a worthy opponent...your aura is strong, but nothing compared to the Grand Dragon. But watch your mouth pup, even I have hundreds of years of experience more than you do. How old are you only three-hundred?"

Sesshomaru sighed as he walked with Toki, and his heart fluttered within his chest trying to stay calm with this insignificant child.

'Pup?'

“We shall see..." he found himself saying, with annoyance clearly on his features.

Toki scowled and she beckoned him to come forward. They were in an area surrounded by tall rocks and trees. Suddenly a blast of intense frigid cold air whipped at the group, and then it silenced. Sesshomaru felt an uneasy feeling rise within him, and by instinct, he kept telling himself he should kill the girl and get back on with his business. But because of all the tales he had heard, and things he had seen, his curiosity was too great. He had to see this mighty creature that his father had even gave high respect to.

Sesshomaru groaned, and poked the deep wound he had received. The girl had been right, the pain had already come...his head throbbed terribly, and if it weren't for his ability to stay calm and determination, he would have yelled. He felt his vision grow blurry and shook his head, trying to focus on what lie ahead.

"Drop your weapon, and your armor will be taken away. We cannot afford any problems..." Toki replied as they came to a stop.

Sesshomaru hissed. "I will not discard anything! You are not to touch me. If your lord cannot even allow a fair fight, then he must be more lowly than you."

"No, you will not meet him yet. Preparations must be made. I will inform him of your arrival and until then you will be our prisoner."

Sesshomaru huffed. "Do you think I am going to allow you to take me willingly? Are you blind? I could kill you with one stroke."

Toki shook her head. "Maybe so but that wound of yours I can see is starting to affect you. Within twenty minutes your whole body will burn with intense pain. Eventually, you won't be able to move. And milord, you will be dead before you can even get to meet our father."

Sesshomaru scoffed at the thought of this. Him dead? He shook his head as a wave of dizziness took him.

"Don't...be a fool..."

Toki smirked wickedly. "A fool sure...guards sustain this pup!"

Sesshomaru reached for his sword, but suddenly his whole body felt heavy, and he slashed weakly at the thing nearest to him.

'All this pain...over a mere cut?' The guards grabbed him by the shoulders tightly.

"Don't you even try!" the dog demon hissed with venom seeping in his weak voice. The men chuckled, and Sesshomaru's whole body went limp.

"You...curse you wench..." Toki frowned. Sesshomaru's vision blurred and the whole world seemed to be fading away. He tried to stay awake, but nothing could move...and his head was pounding, and those demon's grip were so tight...

The taiyoukai moaned softly before he let the darkness of unconsciousness take him away...

A.N. Sorry I did that to Sesshomaru. But please review! Rin and Sesshomaru will be reunited soon enough!











Converti ng /tmp/php1vdHQu to /dev/stdout