InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Crossroads of Fate ❯ So it begins ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

For those who like my stories I recommend Strictly off the record by dolphingirl0113 and Seeing through my eyes by robinstar…those are two fics I really like so please read.

Chapter 3: And it begins

“How dare he call me that….the insufferable half breed…wait half breed? Where did that come from….hmm….called me a slut just using his own limited vocabulary….” Kagome mumbled as she stormed into the locker room. Her tears of anger had dried up as she slammed the locker room door closed.

“Kagome!” Sango yelled as she slid into the locker room covered in mud. “What did InuYasha do to you?” she asked already knowing the reason.

“He called me a whore!” Kagome said as a flare of spiritual energy surrounded her clenched fist. “Wow haven’t done that since I was…” Kagome said as she willed the bright pink ball in the palm of her hand to fade.

“He calls everybody that.” Sango said as she began to strip her muddy clothes off. She tossed the mud soaked clothing to the floor and turned to the seething Kagome.

“Really?” she said as she wiped a few specks of mud off her arms.

“Since I met him a little more than a week ago.” Sango said as she pulled a towel from her gym bag and a bottle of shampoo and conditioner. “At first he called me a wench, but I had just left training so I had my giant boomerang, Hiraikotsu with me. Let’s just say he never crossed me after that.” she chuckled.

“What did you do to him?” Kagome asked following the girl to the showers.

“Hiraikotsu is a demon slaying tool passed down in my family to the first born, girl or buy it doesn’t matter. The thing is as tall as me and heavy. One hit and he was out cold for an hour or so. That was before I met Miroku though…stupid pervert.” Sango said as she turned the shower on.

“Wow. In my family we have this really old bow that gets passed down to the girl with the strongest miko abilities. My twin sister hates me because I got it and she didn’t.” Kagome softly said as though recalling a difficult memory. Unaware she was projecting this pain, she felt her body wrapped by a pair of strong arms.

“What’s wrong?” Sango asked. Kagome looked up into Sango’s face and metally slapped herself. She did it again, allowed her empathy free.

“Kikyo moved away with my father when my parents got divorced a year ago.” Kagome said leaving out the fact her parents were divorced was because of her.

**Flashback**

“It’s not her fault!” her mother screamed at her father. They both thought she was locked up in her room again, like she normally was since she found out she was pregnant.

“If the damn girl didn’t seduce him she wouldn’t have ended up like this.” her father shout back, louder. “If she was as good as Kikyo then I wouldn’t have to favor her older, more responsible sister as the heir of my fortune.”

Kagome stood in the door way to the kitchen, tears forming in her eyes. “You know as well as I do that your, daughter likes to sleep with the entire male population!” her mother hissed at him. Kagome stood there watching as she held a hand over her belly.

“If my wife can’t see the whore of a little girl she protects then I guess I can’t stay here. Kikyo!” her father yelled. “Oh look it’s the little slut.” he said finally noticing Kagome’s shaking form.

“Yes father?” Kikyo said in her overly sweet voice.

“We’re moving, I can’t bear to be in the same house as a slut and a whore.” her father said, looking down his nose at Kagome who let tears fall freely down her face.

“Son, you see the world through an idiots eyes. You know she was forced and I would call it rape, not her giving her body to somebody she didn’t want like that.” her grandfather’s soft voice said as he set a wrinkled hand on Kagome’s shoulder. “My favorite granddaughter I have something that was in my family for thousands of years.” Kagome looked up and saw her father’s eyes widen as he recognized the object in his father’s hand.

“Father I thought you said I was the pure miko and the strongest. Not her.” Kikyo whined pointing to Kagome.

“My father knows not what he talks about.” he said turning his back. “ expect a divorce, my wife!” he spat as he led Kikyo out of the room.

“I will!” her mother turned her soft brown eyes towards her daughter and sadly said, “Dear it’s not your fault. It’s his for not seeing the true whore.”

“My dear this bow is rightfully yours as the strongest miko in our family since the great one of the past.” her grandfather said as he handed her a bow carved with two dog heads, one on each end. “This is also what will lead you to your true love.” she held the smooth wood in her hand and rubbed her hand over the amber eyes of the dogs.

**E.O.F**

“Kagome?” Sango said waving one hand in front of her face while the other gripped a towel around her body.

“What? Oh sorry I just drifted.” Kagome said.

“I asked you if Kikyo Usagi was your sister.” Sango said her honest brown eyes boring into Kagome’s own.

“Yes she is.” Kagome sighed.

“I’m sorry.” Sango said as she embraced the girl again.

“Oh look Kagome the slut is now interested in girls. Watch out she might come after us next!” Kikyo’s voice said as the girls drew apart to glare at Kikyo.

“Just watch Kikyo. Even daddy can’t protect you for long. And I swear to you that you will no longer be the queen of the popular people. Me along with Sango as my right hand woman will over throw her royal highness.” Kagome spat hoping that Sango wouldn’t pull back.

“We will.” Sango said instantly lifting Kagome’s spirits.

“I like to see you try.” Kikyo said as she stuck her nose, the same nose as Kagome’s in the air.

“It’s on, and I won’t lose.” Kagome vowed.

Kikyo looked at her and stormed off followed by two of her group of four girls that followed her.

“You’re her sister?” the shorter one asked.

“Yes.” Kagome said as she looked at the girl.

“Kikyo is a slut. She wanted me in her group because I’m going out with Sesshomaru. She wouldn’t take no for an answer and she blackmailed me. I’m Rin.” the girl said as she looked at the ground.

“Kikyo’s like that.” Kagome said wary of these girls.

“If it’s okay could we join in your over throw plan? I would really like to see her on the bottom like poor InuYasha.” the red head said through clenched teeth.

“InuYasha? What happened?” Kagome asked wondering if this was his great hurt.

“I can’t tell you it’s not my place. Sorry” she said. “I’m Ayame.” she bowed her head.

“Kagome, and if you can find everybody that hates Kikyo and tell them to meet me umm….where can we meet...I’m new here.” Kagome said, looking at the ground.

“There’s this café a little ways from the school we can meet at, I can show you after school tomorrow. It’s called the Silver Moon and it makes the best blueberry muffins…” Rin said dreamily. (There you Go Neko-Chan, your favorite muffins!)

“Sure. Just tell at least 10 people…I don’t want a lot right now. A little later they can bring somebody.” Kagome said while Sango pulled on a pair of low rise jeans and a black shirt with a pink devil tail. On the front it read, Who ever said I was sweet? Flanked by wings.

“Okay Kagome.” the girls said. “I’ll meet you by the front doors k?” Rin said. Kagome nodded as they left.

“So it begins.” Sango muttered. Kagome nodded.