InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Crossroads of Fate ❯ Talking ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4: Talking

“Momma! I’m home!” Kagome yelled as she opened the door to the mansion she lived in.

“Are you sure it’s okay I come over?” Sango asked as she followed Kagome into the house.

Kagome turned and smiled at her. “I don’t think she minds, I haven’t had friends over since I was 16.” Kagome mentally slapped herself for saying too much.

“And your 18?” Sango asked giving her a look. “That’s two years.”

‘Please let him be at dare care.’ she silently prayed. “ Kikyo turned them against me.”

“Hello Kagome. I see you made some friends.” an elderly man said as he emerged from a incense filled room.

“Hi grandpa, this is Sango, I just met her today.” Kagome said as she gave her grandfather a hug. “Is he at daycare?” she whispered into his ear.

“Yes, now girls would you like some tea?” he asked them as soon as Kagome stepped away.

“Sure, why not.” Sango smiled as Kagome nodded.

“Grandpa we’ll be in my room. Just send a servant up to get us and we’ll come down.” Kagome said as she dragged Sango up the large stairs.

“Your house is nice Kagome.” Sango said as they went down a hall lined with pictures of Kagome and her son.

“We moved in a couple of weeks ago, so only mine, my brother‘s, my mom’s and Gramps suits are furnished.” Kagome said as they came to a door. She opened it and led Sango into a small room that had couches the color of the sea and the carpet was white. The wallpaper was striped with white and blue hues and a large white maple entertainment center was on one wall.

“This is your room?” Sango asked.

“This is the meeting room or entertainment room. My room is beyond that door and the bathroom is beyond that one.” Kagome pointed out the doors. “go ahead and look at them.”

Sango opened the door to Kagome’s room and stepped in. She had a desk with a blue laptop sitting closed on it, her dresser and her large bed was covered in the same color as the couches in the outer chamber, her floor was white carpet and the curtains were a cream color. The wallpaper and the furniture were of the same material, white mixed with blue and white maple. “This is nice.”

“Thank you. I also have two guest rooms that branch off from mine and they each have their own bathroom.

“Really? That’s cool, are they the same as your room?” Sango asked as she left the room.

“Just about, they don’t have the pictures and stuff in here though they all have internet hook up.” Kagome said as she led Sango to the bathroom. She opened the door and led Sango into the white and blue room. The tub was huge, the sinks were off to a side and they were in front of a wall length mirror. Directly in front of that mirror, another stood, enabling the looker to see behind them.

“It’s so nice.” Sango said.

“I know, I always had rooms like these I’m tired of it. It’s like living in my own house. I hardly ever see my mom, she’s always at the office.” Kagome said as she slumped down on the couch.

“Really? That’s too bad. I moved here from America and now live with my dad and younger brother Kohaku.” Sango said as they sat there.

A soft knock came and Kagome said “Come in gramps.”

He came in chuckling and set a tray of three cups of tea on the coffee table in front of the couch. “Drink up girls. Oh Kagome Sota’s going to pick up Shippo. He called 5 minutes ago.”

Kagome froze. “Who’s Sota?” Sango asked.

“He’s my younger brother. He’s a freshmen.” Kagome said willing Shippo’s name to fade.

“My brother’s in 9th too.” Sango said as she picked a cup of tea up and gently blew on it.

“Kagome I felt a waver of power from your school.” her grandpa said as he sipped his tea.

“I lost control for a second, somebody made me mad.” Kagome said shamefully.

“I thought I trained you better.” he said. “Tomorrow you are starting again with the bow.”

“So you train with bows? I have a giant boomerang that I trained with.” Sango said after Kagome nodded.

They sat there discussing school and training of different types of weapons when Kagome froze as she heard the unmistakable, “Momma!”

“Kagome they’re home.” her grandfather said as he picked the tray up.

As he left the room a child between he ages of 1 and 2 ran into the room, stumbling slightly. “Momma!” he squealed in delight as Kagome picked him up.

“Sango, this is my son, Shippo.” Kagome said as her son played with her hair.

“Wha? Your only 18!” Sango said as she looked at Shippo’s orange hair and bright green eyes.

“I was drugged and raped when I was 16, after that when my sister found out and told my parents all hell broke loose. She turned my friends against me, spread rumors and then my dad left when I was 3 months pregnant.”

“Oh, I never realized that, that’s why she called you those names.” Sango said as she held out her hands to the boy. Kagome handed him to her.

“You don’t mind that I’m a teen mother?” Kagome asked.

“No, from what I learned of you, you wouldn’t seem the type to do that and willingly. Plus he’s cute.” Sango said as she tickled him.

“It’s nice to have somebody on my side.” Kagome said as her son giggled. “Sango promise me you won’t tell anybody, keep it to yourself.”

“Don’t worry I won’t.” Sango promised as Shippo giggled again.