InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Curse of the Prayer Beads ❯ Stupid beads ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Sesshomaru, Rin or Jaken.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
To awake to the clinking go prayer beads, the same as my brother's. The same spell was upon the rosary I now wore around my neck. Was it a demon? One of those annoying admirers? Or placed by the hands of a sinister child? Either way I had to get it off, but how?
 
A rushing in the bushes told me that the incompetent fool had not yet left. Now to kill the fool and I'll be free of the curse. I ran to the sound only to find my face in the dirt by the words “bad dog”. For me, the Lord of the Western Lands to be subdued by two words, and for a dog no less was insulting.
 
I turned my head to see the face of the dead man. I saw a rather beautiful woman with short black hair and parted white bangs as long as her hair. Her eyes were icy blue with hints of yellow and green.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I awoke to the clinking of prayer beads and a beautiful woman with short black hair and parted white bangs and icy blue eyes with hints of green and yellow staring down at me, prayer beads in hand.
 
When she realized that I was awake she abandoned stealth and jumped off the tree, her two thumbs and index fingers holding the necklace in the shape of a square. I swiftly brought my hand up slapping the necklace out of her slender hands. Once she hit the ground she jumped back a ways from me.
 
I ran right to her and we exchanged kicks and punches very few actually hitting their intended targets. Then I pulled Tokigen from my sash and she went on the defensive. Slash after slash of my sword I pushed her to the edge of the valley her just barely dodging, back flip after back flip. The woman then picked something up and came running toward me continuing to dodge Tokigen. I thought she would go for my throat and readied myself to dodge and counter the blow.
 
She ran right past me throwing something in the air. I turned in the direction she went and ran after with lightning speed. Nobody runs from me.
 
The woman looked back and saw me pursue her and with her flawless face contorted by fear shouted desperately with all her breath “Bad Dog!” Something pulled at my neck with tremendous force forcing me to the ground.
 
I looked down and realized my mistake. There around my neck was a rosary similar to that of my brother's. I looked up to the beautiful woman with the intent of murder in my eyes.
 
“You will kill me with those delicate slender hands of yours, Sesshomaru, but not today.” Her voice music to my sensitive ears.
 
Slender?! Delicate?! “Who are you?” I inquired with a level tone. Whoever managed to outsmart me, even if it was with complete luck, was worth knowing their name.
 
“Sen of the Korari Clan,” she replied, her aura exerting confidence now that she had me in her clutches. That face that only seconds ago was controlled by fear and panic.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru!” a small toad-like imp yelled and was echoed by a small human child both running toward me. The imp glared at the woman once a pace behind me. “ Who is this woman Milord?”
 
“It does not matter to you imp,” she said still looking at me.
 
“What do you want? Speak before I decide to kill you,” I said.
 
“Have you forgotten that you are under my control due to the prayer beads around your neck?” she asked turning her head to the side.
 
“This can't be true!” he yelled.
 
“Quiet Jaken,” I was in no mood to put up with him. Jaken just made me more ashamed of the situation.
 
She looked at Jaken and Rin. “I see you have a retainer and a young ward,” she observed, “I never would have guessed you'd have a girl following you around. Perhaps you have gone soft?” my eyes narrowed.
 
“Arrogant woman!” the imp shouted.
 
“Quiet Jaken,” I said more forcefully.
 
“What do you want?”
 
“Revenge,” she answered raising her fist, immeasurable hate burning in her icy eyes. The intensity of that hate making me tremble with an emotion I was not familiar with. Was this what it was like to be afraid?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
It's short I know but I want to see if you like it. And just so I don't make anyone confused the first 3 paragraphs are Sesshomaru's dream, after that is kinda déjà vu. If you love me review! And check out my other story Helper of the Darkness. I suck at summaries. Just. Ignore. It.