InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Curse of the Prayer Beads ❯ Afraid ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own Rin, don't want to own Jaken, and if I did own Sesshomaru I'd either die a slow painful death by his hands because I annoy him too much and/or he can't stand the fact that I'm better than him, or get trampled by the fan girls. I don't know which.
 
Ok, I'm gonna try to have this longer than a page! Two full pages might be pushing it though.
______________________________________________________________ ________
 
It was a bright summer's day, and I was traveling east following the woman Sen, Jaken leading Ah Un by its reins, Rin sitting in the saddle tired from the day's long trek, a few feet behind. The woman glared at me from time to time, daring me to escape.
 
Foolish woman, I will not run from her, I'll kill her. Nobody put a curse upon me and lived to put a second let alone survive the first.
 
Night came and Jaken and Rin fell asleep instantly. The woman propped herself against a tree as far away from me as possible while keeping me in plain sight and favored me with a glare. I chose to ignore her.
 
The next day we trekked through the forest in the same fashion as the previous day. Night was no different. Sen propped herself against a tree and again stared at me with a glare I was sure she would give me for as long as I was her companion.
 
It was like that for the entire night. She figured that as soon as she fell asleep I would slay her. She nodded off every once in a while but remained awake.
 
2 more days passed and her sleep deprivation was apparent. Her feet dragged on the uneven ground very nearly making her trip more than once, she talked in incoherent sentences, and ran into many trees, the only thing keeping her awake.
 
All of a sudden she just collapsed. I hastened my step and felt her forehead. It felt warmer than it was suppose to.
 
“What is it Milord?” Rin asked.
 
“She has a fever from sleep deprivation, nothing more,” I answered picking her up with my arm, and laid her on Ah Un's back, “Jaken,” I called to the imp.
 
“Yes, Milord,” he answered respectfully.
 
“Make sure she doesn't fall off.”
 
“Yes, Milord,” it was hesitant but he knew better than to question me.
 
 
 
The woman awoke some hours later. When she did she sat with her back straight.
 
“Why didn't you kill me?” she asked bluntly.
 
It would be cowardly. I wanted her awake to witness her fate. That was why.
 
“Answer me!” she demanded.
 
I remained silent.
 
“Answer me damn it!” she shouted.
 
“I want you awake to witness your demise, nothing more.”
 
She looked at me with fear in her eyes. Revelation came. She didn't put the rosary around my neck to make sure I helped she put it there because that was her only way to control me. To make sure I could not slay her. This necklace was the only thing keeping my blade from her throat.
 
Sen feared the day I would break free of the curse. And rightfully so.
 
 
Author's note: wow, I actually made it. And here I thought I would fail horribly.