InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Curse of the Prayer Beads ❯ Labyrinth of Memories ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own not Sesshomaru and company, but I do own Zel (not from The Slayers, just the name) and Sen, which is Japanese for war, which she seems to be waging against Sesshomaru. As for why she keeps going off into dream-like states and telling Sessy about certain things it seems Fate wants Sesshomaru and the unknown demon Zel to meet again! (Nobody asked that, nor, do I think, people really cared or paid any attention but those non-existent people I keep talking to.)
 
Ok, I went boating and got sunburned which makes me believe that I don't quite understand the concept of reapplying sunscreen. But I'll try to endure the agonizing burns (don't give me too much pity I don't think they're even considered agonizing, just a minor nuisance)
 
______________________________________________________________ _______
 
 
I searched the contours of memory and found nothing relating to the unknown demon. Even if Sen did not say so, I knew for a fact he had demon blood coursing through his veins though how much was uncertain.
 
Seemed as if I had to look farther, into the abyss of the labyrinth of my ever-changing mind to the very beginning of my existence.
 
I walked through the corridors of the labyrinth brushing lightly upon the memories of my adolescent years.
 
Further, I had to go further, to the very beginning.
 
I walked until I found myself at the end of the maze. No, not the end, the beginning. Darkness enveloped me, the darkness of my mother's womb.
 
And then there was the wailing of a newborn babe taking it's first breaths as it was brought into the world.
 
Once the babe quieted hands transferred it to an unknown person cradling it in their arms.
 
“A beautiful baby, he shall grow and become strong like his father,” said one of the witnesses to my birth.
 
“I shall name him Sesshomaru,” it was my father's voice.
 
“InuTaisho, may I be so bold as to hold the infant?” the familiar voice could be no other than Zel.
 
“But of course, Zel,” my father answered. There was a sound of companionship and unspoken love in my father's voice. Was this Zel a friend of Father's? Why else would he have come to witness my birth and Father have let him hold me in his arms?
 
I had no time to look into this further. Sen would soon awaken and I have no wish to be in my meditative state when she does. I escaped the memory and walked through the corridors of my semi-conscious mind.
 
I walked down one corridor when it abruptly ended, showing nothing but utter darkness. I closed my eyes and leaped into the nothingness…
 
Fully now I felt the lush life of the clearing. I had been in the labyrinth for too long for it was day and by the position of the sun close to midday. Rin noticed I had awakened and promptly ran toward me “Lord Sesshomaru you're awake!” she said excitedly, “Sen tried to wake you Milord but you almost broke her wrist so she decided to leave you be.”
 
I was not surprised. Ever since the cursed rosary was around my neck the wench has shown me no respect whatsoever. But the fear in her eyes is apparent however much she tried to hide it telling me with unspoken words that the curse had its flaws.
 
Perhaps she tried to glean courage from infuriating me, showing her I could not bite and had yet to find the fatal flaw in the curse.
But what really had me curious was the demon Zel. From what I had learned he was a dear friend of Fathers and means a great deal to Sen.
 
And he must be old, very old.
 
“About time,” the wench said, entering the clearing, clearly exasperated, “I tried to wake you,” she subconsciously rubbed her wrist in remembrance, “we need to get a move on we wasted too much time.”
 
I rose in one fluid movement and followed her once more through the dense forest.
 
 
 
 
Authors Note: I'm sorry for the poor excuse of a chapter as a friend so dearly and kindly told me and I hope this makes up for it. Unfortunately on my part I have no plot and storyline to go on, I'm just making this up as I go. Helper of the Darkness isn't getting much publicity but I've realized that no amount of yelling will ever get you jerks to do something you don't want to. And so you will all be victims to my spite.