InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Curse of the Prayer Beads ❯ Stranger With Eyes of Flame ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Rin, Jaken, or Fluffy
 
For 3 days I walked with 9 other people and with handcarts. The first day six miles. The next day 14.3 miles. The last six miles. I probably shouldn't count at least 4 because I rode in the cart because 1) I'm lazy and 2) because I feel no guilt whatsoever of people pushing the cart with me in it. If they start complaining then I'll get out of the cart. Luckily I had 2 strong energy-filled men in my “family” so I didn't have to get out the first time in the cart.
 
______________________________________________________________ ________
 
We walked onward, to an unknown destination. I was brooding over the memory, trying to find something else, something I might have missed concerning the demon Zel.
 
I found nothing. I knew Sen would not enlighten me, what she did tell me she told me when she was lost in thought and she was careful now to not let her mind wander.
 
As we walked I slipped away from the rest of the group. I needed a walk in solitude.
 
I was sure this would infuriate the woman for I knew to avenge Zel she needed my help. This showed she was smart but rash and like all women governed by her emotions.
 
Suddenly, before I knew it there was a man walking in my direction. He was naught but 4 paces away. This was no ordinary man, to have come so close without my knowing. He was handsome with his long white hair held back with a thong, his parted black bangs framing his face and emphasizing his eyes of flame.
 
He wore all black, his shirt and pants of an unfamiliar cut with a knife scabbard hooked to his pants on his left, the knife handle had two silver bells tied to it.
 
I pulled Tokigen from my sash and pointed it at the stranger. Whoever this man was he must die.
 
The stranger wasn't even fazed by my obvious hostility, was this man ignorant of who I was or just plain stupid?
 
Unfazed he unsheathed his weapon with a flick of the wrist, not a sound came from the bells.
 
“Do you honestly think you can fight me with a knife?” I asked in a level tone.
 
“Do not judge so quickly Sesshomaru, especially when you don't fully understand the situation,” he replied, smiling. Arrogant fool.
 
“Do not patronize me,” I said as I charged at him, planning to skewer him.
 
With god-like speed similar to my own he flicked the knife across his index finger on his left hand and it was no longer a knife but a scythe.
 
A scythe? It was scarcely better then the knife.
 
The thin blade of the scythe blocked my sword easily.
 
He then pulled the snath up midway and tokigen slide across the surface of the blade, sparks flying as metal scratched metal, as he turned to his right taking the snath of the scythe with him hitting me hard in the ribs continuing with the momentum turning so we were back to back for less then a second and hitting the other side of my body in the ribs and finishing it off with hitting the soft part under my jaw with the blunt end of the scythe with the blade. The force of the blow had me a few feet up in the air, back arched, until I collided with a tree.
 
And not once did I hear the chime of the silver bells tied around the snath an inch away from the blade.
 
Now I'm mad. I forced myself to my feet swiftly poised for attack.
 
“Oooooo, I got you mad didn't I?” he smiled. A smile like Naraku's, only, it seemed more sinister.
 
I held Tokigen close to my right ear and slashed the air sending blue energy waves in his direction and he began to twirl the scythe as he himself spun.
 
He moved the spinning scythe around and began to advance. He collided with the blue energy waves but instead of mutilating him it spun around him like a vortex and shooting it back at me.
 
I managed to dodge them all only to find the scythe's blade a hairs-breath from the nape of my neck and the stranger in front but he didn't go further. His entire arm and weapon were shaking with effort, a slight clinking sound coming from the scythe and the jingling of the two silver bells, as though trying to breach the invisible barrier that kept him from beheading me.
 
“Damn it,” he muttered, pulling back the scythe away from my neck and said louder, “It appears Sudoku has become fond of you. You should thank him.” He said seriously, smile gone.
 
He fit the meager description but this was not the soft-spoken man I heard in my memory.
 
 
Author's Note: I think this story is going to be short. I make things happen sooner then I want them to… oh well, I'm not good with suspense, complex plots, or conceited people.