InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ d e m o n i c ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
d e m o n i c
A fanfiction by Lovely Videl
Before You Read…

"Demonic" is a fanfiction that highlights Inu Yasha's characteristics as a purely evil demon with apparently 'demonic' desires. In result, this fanfiction may have mild levels of profanity, violence, gore, cruelty and slightly suggestive themes. However, it is not all dark and gloomy kill-and-destroy absurd fantasies; there will be more parts with dramatic climaxes and even light-hearted moods. Although this narrative does work to portray a dim and intimidating look on Inu Yasha's dark side, truly, the underlying theme of this story is nothing but pure love and trust with dabbles of that classic IY/KH romance. How does that work out? Well… read and see for yourself! Enjoy! ^__~

PS: Also, keep in mind this fanfiction does not represent who I am... frankly it doesn't even come close. I don't fantasize about cruelty to others, neither do I dream of such sick and repulsive things. I do not promote violence. nor hatred, nor revenge. This is a merely a fanfiction where I decided to utilize a more "horror" style theme. That's all. I'm not here to provide murderous intentions.. but just to entertain people by writing in a variety of genres. In reality, I'm a perky, happy-go-lucky kinda gal, although this story may make you think otherwise ^_~ Now, to no further delay...

"Death is always bitter at a friend's hand."


[ prologue ]

It was dark here and also rather cold and damp.

Not a very clever hiding space for weak, little girls.

"She reeks of it," he thought amusingly under his breath, dilated red pupils gazing about him cautiously, sensing inclinations from nearly ever direction. This room seemed to be flooded with the exact same stench all the way around, which was just unmistakable to his newly enhanced and acute senses. With such an evident trail as this unsettled odour; it wouldn't be much longer now.

"She reeks of fear…" He concluded his thought, pausing his swift movements and allowing his bare feet to still on the eerily cool surface of the cement floor. When he didn't move at all, every single sense of his was immeasurably improved picking up on just about anything breathing in his surroundings. Smiling sinisterly, he slowly licked off the remnant trails of blood from his stained claws and fingers, deciding it would be a rather taunting gesture if she were nearby… and if she could see him.

That familiar stench of fear grew utterly stronger. He was correct. She had seen him after all. The escalation of her dread, the sound of her rapid breathing, the trembling of her frail fingers could not escape his receptive senses. She was very nearby and there would be no avoiding him any longer.

Rapid and unhesitating, his light-footed feet bounded only twice to come across his newfound prey hovering behind discarded wooden crates. There she lay right where he had predicted, defiled and barely moving almost even unaware of his discovering her, coated in a deep red layer staining her nearly shredded clothes with one eye mangled beyond repair. It went without doubt; his claws had acted so viciously against this girl without even knowing. And here he thought he had been going easy on the weakling. Then again, he often underestimated himself; he was growing adequately surprised by his abilities the more opponents he managed to so easily take down. It was such a pleasurable feeling.

"Inu…. Yasha…"

He could barely discern her hushed words within her erratic breathing, far too uncontrolled to last for much longer. She had been uttering that supposed name of his ever since he had first come across such pretty prey. She lay there now, body collapsed against itself, pink flesh scarred with bleeding wounds and markings of her antagonist left as scratches along her back and face. He was getting tired of this, of this ongoing 'live and let live' scenario an immoral demon like him was caught within. He was actually quite surprised himself to see how long this little bitch was lasting; he had been certain that her metabolism wouldn't get her that much further under such severe attacks. Apparently, he had misjudged her endurance levels, but he highly doubted she would be living long enough to cast any more problems in his direction.

"So, you…" His cold voice let out two syllables, one of his first attempts on communicating with any of his traumatized victims as of yet. Noticing how slow she was to respond, the demon with the hair tinted silver in the moonlight lost his patience. Quickly, he reached forwards grabbing a handful of her jet-black hair within his grasp then swiftly dragging her face up to his, her complete weight being so painfully held by the hairs on her scalp, like rope being burned through the flesh.

"So, why do you keep saying my name?" He inquired threateningly, seeing her expression wince with pain as her unmoving legs lifted off the ground, his grasp tight and high on her hair, taut from the weight of her body. She almost twirled in his clutch, unresponsive and probably too weak to utter a word extra, more like nothing but a dead corpse-puppet at his will.

His frown manifested into a fiendish scowl. She wasn't going to respond, not at this rate. After quite a while, she was finally as good as dead as every other pathetic little human that came his way. He may as well finish her off; there wasn't much fun in playing around with a carcass when they couldn't even feel the pain he so happily shared towards them. What a pity, he had enjoyed toying with her.

Thud… thud… thud… thud…

His face recoiled slightly as a sound penetrated his highly acute perception. It tickled on the sensitive lobes of his canine ears, and picked at the fine surface of his nerves. He downright detested that sound, ongoing and rhythmic as it was, practically drilling itself into his thoughts. To him, there was nothing more despicable than the little feeble cries for needed help from a shabby and weak heart. It was a pitiful sound he heard time after time and after long, he was beginning to grow rather sick of it.

Thud… thud… thud… thud…

There it was again, loud and consistent.

His look of displeasure grew.

Deciding he had not much time to waste with such noisy interference, the silver-haired demon drew back his arm, claws glinting menacingly still stained with the markings of previous sufferers. He had to admit, he was highly impressed at how long this girl had lasted as she did. Hanging now helplessly from his grip, shredded school uniform and unresponsive glares, it was a major surprise that she had managed to hold her own against him. If it weren't for her stupid arrows that had quite stung his skin, he may have actually been more merciful and allowed her to experience a short death. Never mind that now.

His arm was still drawn backwards. He still couldn't bring himself to end it.

Those arrows… he thought of them a little longer. They were much powerful than any archer ever used. He understood now that there was something more to this girl, some sort of possible youki that he hadn't managed to sense. It didn't really seem likely, but in all actuality none of his other victims had not only lived as long with his presence, but most definitely none of them had managed to injure him in any way whatsoever. This girl was such a nuisance!

Thud… thud… thud… thud…

His scowl grew in length. Even if he thought of things so inflicted with hate, seconds had still managed to pass by with her breathing living, staying alive to irritate him just a little longer. Why was he hesitating so much anyway? It was all the same. This killing was so repetitive it had even become something of a bore. Then, why couldn't he just end this? Why couldn't his claws just do what they've always done, time after time? It was practically a reliable reflex at this point; puncture and tear, it was all the same.

Thud… thud… thud… thud…

Her body seemed to be growing weaker. He could already sense the way her muscles loosened and relaxed just by how he held her from the hair on her head. She was dying. She was dying slowly, but surely it wouldn't be much longer now. He may as well just leave her here… let nature take its course. There was no way she could survive for much longer.

But wait! What was he doing? That was cowardly! Why couldn't he just finish her off? Why couldn't he just tear her into bloody shreds like all the rest of them? It was the same! They were all the same! There is nothing different about her! There is nothing special about her!

His arm behind him tensed. He was going to do this. He would get rid of her, no matter what.

Her eyelashes fluttered softly. She was still conscious. She would be able to feel the pain he would render upon her. Usually, that idealism would make the experience more enjoyable, but this time, he actually felt even more hesitant.

"For the love of it…" He hissed impatiently into the night air, wounding her hair higher up his wrist to be able to tear his claws somewhere near her mid section. "Just finish her off, now."

Thud… thud… thud… thud…

The sound was still loud. It was still growing stronger, erratic with fear.

But he just couldn't hesitate; he couldn't hold it off any longer.

They're all the same. Each and every one of these pathetic humans; they are all the same. They are all the same. What was the difference?? There was none. They are all the fucking same!

Angrily, his claws drew backwards.

Quickly, his grip grew tighter.

Silently, his arm lunged forwards.

Then…

"Kagome… I love you."

The words, the thoughts the expression, the memories, the feeling seemed to run back to him out of nowhere.

Realizations, knowledge, knowing, and care returned to him at an almost violent impact..

Personality, life, sympathy and love grew again within him in seconds' time.

But it was too late. He was too late to stop anything as a violent shrill-like scream pierced through the night's air.

It wouldn't be the same this time around.

[ end prologue ]