InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Damn Strait-Drive Cars ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The two rode companionably, just enjoying the sound of the rain.

"Aww, shit!" Kagome cried as her car began to slide across the road. "Sesshoumaru, we are going to have to stop and wait the rain out. I can't see and I don't want to risk being washed off the road."

"All right. We will stop if you think we should." They pulled into a hotel parking lot and made a run for the door. When they made it inside, they were soaked to the bone and freezing. Sesshoumaru walked up to the desk.

"Hello Sesshoumaru, what can I help you with?"

"I need a room with two beds."

"All right. Here you go. That will be $250."

"Charge it to Taishou Corps."

"Follow him please."

"Come on Kagome, let's go."

When they entered the room, Kagome promptly flopped down on the bed closest to the door.

"Kagome, you may not want to do that. You are soaking wet remember."

Kagome just mumbled incoherently.

"Kagome, look at me."

She groaned and turned over to face him. "Wha…?"

Sesshoumaru, noticing the flush on her cheeks, walked over to her and placed one hand on her forehead, the other on his own. "Kagome, you're running a fever. I'm going to go into the bathroom and I want you to get out of those wet clothes and under those covers."

She grunted in acknowledgement as he turned and walked into the bathroom. She did as told, removing all but her undergarments and let Sesshoumaru know that she was done. He walked back into the room with a bowl of water and a cloth. He dipped the rag and placed it on her forehead. She hissed at the sharp cold.

After about half an hour with no change, Sesshoumaru finally stopped. Kagome reached up to touch his face and pulled her hand back quickly. "Sesshoumaru, you're burning up!" She exclaimed drowsely as she pulled him down beside her. She curled up into his side, attracted to the warmth radiating off of him. (Sesshoumaru had already removed his clothes, now wearing only boxers) She quickly fell asleep and Sesshoumaru tried to pry himself out of her grasp to no avail.

"No choice left," he muttered as he crawled under the sheets next to her, pulling her to his chest. When she mewled in contentment, he smirked as his eyes drifted shut.

"Dear Caller: As I'm leaving you this message, the sun is shining for a change. Little children are cavorting in the park, and their tasty mothers and teenage sisters are sunbathing practically nude. So, did you really think I was going to stick around this dump? Beep"

"Hey Roku, it's me Sango. I was wondering if you had seen or heard from Sesshoumaru today? Gimme a call if you've heard from him. Bye." Sango sighed as she reset the phone back into its charger. "Where could he have gone?" she murmured as she wandered back toward the garage. "Its not like I don't enjoy driving his car but I want mine back."

Meanwhile, on the other side of town

Kagome and Sesshoumaru are found locked in each others embrace fast asleep. Kagome has her head tucked up under Sesshoumarus while her arms are around waist and his are around her neck, fingers entangled in her hair. Slowly they both begin to stir.

Sesshoumarus POV

As I cleared the haze of sleep out of my mind, I realized that I was warm. I partially opened one eye to see a sea of black.

"Kagome?"

"Wha?" She mumbled back.

"Are you planning on releasing me anytime soon?"

"I don't want to. I'm not gonna either. You're warm."

"I see your fever broke. Come on, get up. I've got to return Sangos car."

Kagome sat up and faced him with an eyebrow raised. "You are going to return her car with a smoked clutch?"

"I don't really have a choice now do I?"

"Call the local auto parts store. Ask for a 1969 Ford Mustang clutch. I can replace the clutch if they have one."

"All right. That sounds like a much better plan. I didn't want to face her wrath anyway."

Sesshoumaru called the auto parts store and apparentely luck was with him today because they had one in stock. He told them that he would be by to pick it up in a few minutes.

"All right Sesshoumaru. Let's get this beauty to my place and then we'll go pick up the clutch."

End Chapter three.

Next chapter: Sesshoumaru learns how to replace a clutch and they finally return the car to Sango. Kagome also volunteers to teach Sesshoumaru how to drive a stick.