InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dangerous Adventures ❯ A Secret Revealed ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Another long delay, I really hate that I update so irregularly. I am trying, if you’ve read the new posts on my LJ, you know that after this a new update shouldn’t be too long in coming. I warn you now; there is a small scene that ends up repeated in this chapter. The part that is repeated is not very long, but I really wanted to show the scene from both Inuyasha’s and Kagome’s perspective, you’ll see what I mean when you read it. (^.~)

Reviewer Responses:

Unistar: Thanks for reviewing. Sorry for the very long delay. I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Kokoronagomu: Thank you for your very kind words, I hope you find this chapter as good as the last.

Dangerous Adventures
Chapter 12
A Secret Revealed

The bright morning sunlight shined in to the hut from a slated window above the occupants’ heads, casting everything in a golden light. Kagome awoke slowly, feeling wonderfully warm and comfortable. She half moaned in protest, and tried to bury herself deeper in to the warm comfort below her, not wanting to get up just yet.

The young woman tried to stretch, but froze when she found that she couldn’t move. The miko quickly opened her eyes in slight alarm, ready to fight her way free. But instead of finding herself in a bad situation, she found herself in quite a pleasurable one. Her eyes widened in surprise, and her jaw would have dropped in shock if she wasn’t pressed so close to the masculine body next to her.

Kagome quickly over came her shock, and blushed brightly at her great close-up view, of an expanse of a well muscled, mostly bandaged chest. She slowly lifted her head from Inuyasha’s shoulder, and glanced down at their positions. Somehow even though Inuyasha and Kagome went to sleep last night on opposite sides of the makeshift futon, with Shippou between them, they ended up curled against each other. Impossibly the small kitsune still slept curled in to a ball between them, although he did look a bit squashed pressed against her stomach and his hip.

Inuyasha was currently lying on his back, with Kagome curled intimately against him on her right side. Her chest was pressed against his side, and her left arm was draped across his waist, the fingers of his right hand tangled with hers. The silver-haired hanyou’s left arm was curled around her back, his hand resting on her waist, and holding her to him, while her left leg was trapped between his. The blankets had long been kicked to the end of the futon sometime during the night.

Kagome carefully pulled her trapped leg and hand free. She maneuvered her other arm under her, and began cautiously pushing herself up. But she didn‘t get very far, when the hanyou beside her started to move. A sleeping Inuyasha wrapped both of his arms around the young woman, and pulled her back down, landing her flat against his chest, and almost knocking the air from her lungs; apparently he was not ready to release her.

Kagome blushed; wondering if she was ever going to stop. She glanced down at Shippou, seeing that the kitsune was okay, and yes still asleep. The miko surveyed the rest of the room from her perch, finding that Asumi had already left for her shop. She calmly lied there, wondering if she could free herself from the hanyou without waking him up.

After a few moments, Kagome felt Inuyasha’s hold loosening. She braced her palms on the floor, and moved to straddle him, so that both of her knees where braced against the floor. She tried to push herself off her futon, but the hanyou’s arms wrapped around her back prevented her from moving. The young woman growled as well as she could for a human, and relaxed against Inuyasha’s chest. She knew that her blush would be back with a vengeance, when he finally woke up and let her go. ‘I can’t believe I’ve been turned in to his living doll. Asumi-san probably saw us when she left this morning.’

It wasn’t very long after that before Kagome felt Inuyasha shift beneath her as he finally started to wake up. The young woman stilled, and turned her head to the side, not wanting to see the smirk that she knew he would be wearing. Inuyasha stretched; not really paying any attention to the extra weight that was on top of him. He shifted again, and glanced down at the miko, the foreseen smirk tugging at his lips. The hanyou loosened his grip on her, and cautiously touched her hair, trying to get her to look at him. “Good morning, Kagome.”

“Morning,” the young woman mumbled, still not looking at him. ‘Is that all he can say? No teasing remark about why I’m lying on him?’

“Sleep well,” Inuyasha asked humor clearly in his voice as he gently tugged on a lock of her hair.

Kagome took a deep breath, and finally looked up at the hanyou, a pretty blush continuing to stain her cheeks. “Yes, did you?”

“Very well,” the hanyou purred, before continuing, a small smirk still tugging at his lips. “Are you ready to get up yet, or are you comfortable where you are.”

“No.. uh, I mean yes, I mean….” Kagome stuttered to a stop, and mentally groaned, covering her face with a hand.

“I don’t mind if you’re not. You can lay on me as long as you want, and whenever you want.”

Kagome squeaked, and blushed brighter as she scrambled off the hanyou when he released her. Inuyasha chuckled, highly amused at the young woman as he sat up watching her.

Kagome quickly gathered her dirty yukatas, pulled a clean one from their supplies, and headed toward the door. She paused just before walking out, and half turned back to the hanyou not meeting his gaze, her cheeks still tinged pink. “I’m going down to the river, stay here, and try not to reopen your wounds.”

“Keh.”

Kagome shook her head, and continued out the door. She quickly dumped the water from the large pot, and picked it up, carrying everything down to the river to wash.

Inuyasha poked the still sleeping kitsune beside him, knowing that it would be awhile before he woke up. The hanyou stood up, and stretched, wincing a little at the action, then headed outside. He quickly glanced around the outskirts of town, noticing that most of the villagers were out working for the day. He then jumped up to Asumi’s roof, and settled down. The inu-hanyou stretched out on his back; thinking back to the events that happened just moments before.

Inuyasha cautiously sat up after Asumi left for her shop, and slid a softly snoring kitsune down the futon, before settling back down on his back. He pulled the sleeping and unresisting miko over to him, tucking her against his side. The young woman made a sound of protest as she was moved, but then she sighed, and curled in to the warm body beside her.

The inu-hanyou lightly combed his fingers though Kagome silky black hair. He dipped his head lower so that he could take in more of her scent, and began tracing a finger carefully across her check. At the light contact, the young woman shifted as she stretched, and tossed her leg across her temporary bedmate. Inuyasha smirked at her unconscious reactions to him, and curled his left arm around her waist, while he continued to lightly run his fingers across her soft skin.

Kagome made a soft sound of protest, and searched for the teasing fingers. When she found them, she pulled them away from her face, and settled back down, still holding on to his hand. A warm breath puffed lightly against Inuyasha’s skin as Kagome sighed, and rubbed her check lightly against the hanyou’s chest, content where she was.

The minutes passed and Inuyasha tried to remain still as the young woman half moaned and buried her face in to his side before stretching as she finally started to wake up. He barely cracked his eyes open, and saw her lift her blushing face, glancing down at their intertwined bodies. When she started to sit up, he couldn’t help the evil thought that crossed his mind. He fought the smirk that wanted to appear as he again wrapped his arms around her back and pulled her down on top of him.

Inuyasha could feel Kagome struggling and tightened his arms around her, keeping her in place. The young woman’s human growl when she finally got the hint and relaxed against him, made his youkai side want to answer her with a growl of his own. It also made him realize that he couldn’t keep both her there and his instincts in check. Her warm body and sweet addicting scent had invaded his sense and stirred his youkai further. Inuyasha mentally sighed , and waited a few moments to calm his youkai instincts before pretending that he was just waking up.

Inuyasha couldn’t help the smirk that had worked its way to his lips over his thoughts, and he knew he was lost to her as soon as he had given her the jewel. He winced again as he tried to stretch, and decided that a nap couldn’t hurt until the miko came back, as he had been awake for quite awhile. Inuyasha settled in to a comfortable position, and closed his eyes.



A freshly washed Kagome dressed in her yellow yukata returned to the hut later in the afternoon. She carried a stack of clean clothes, and the cooking pot filled with an assortment of herbs, fruit and vegetables that she was able to collect. A bright splash of red against Asumi’s roof caught her attention as she approached. The young woman glanced up, finding that the inu-hanyou was sound asleep in the hot afternoon sun. She hurried inside, putting the stack of clean clothes down beside their supplies, and dropping the pot off near the fire-pit.

Kagome headed back outside the empty hut, stepping far enough away from the house so that she could be in the hanyou’s line of sight when he woke up. “Inuyasha.” The young woman waited a couple of moments, before calling him again, though louder this time. “Inuyasha.” ‘Do hanyous or youkais sunburn?’

“What,” Inuyasha asked, sleepily as he sat up, and glanced down at the miko.

“Are you hungry? I picked some fruit while I was out. Also, your kosode, and haori are clean if you want to get dressed.” Inuyasha didn’t answer her, but did he stand up, and jump to the ground. “Didn’t I tell you to rest,” Kagome questioned, half glaring at him.

“I was, if you didn’t notice.”

“You know what I mean, what are you doing jumping around for.”

“Keh.”

Kagome just sighed, and walked inside the hut, giving up on the hanyou listening to her about his injuries. The young woman dropped down beside the cooking pot, and began removing its contents. She separated the medical herbs away from the vegetables; then handed the hanyou a couple of plums.

Inuyasha quickly ate the fruit, then picked up his haori and kosode, and started for the door. “Wait Inuyasha,” Kagome called after the retreating hanyou.

“Why?”

“Let me check your wounds. All of that jumping around could have caused you to start bleeding again.”

Inuyasha didn’t comment, but he did turn around, and walked back over to the Miko. He sat down beside her, and leaned back, resting his weight on his palms.

Kagome quickly set to work, removing the outer bindings. She then removed the thick bandage, noting that it was stained with dried blood. “Lie back for a moment.” The Miko carefully examined his wound and was happy to find that it showed a vast improvement.

“Well,” Inuyasha asked, gaining the young woman’s attention.

Kagome looked up with a smile, and said, “With your youkai blood, you should finally be healed in a couple of days… If you don’t stress your wounds.”

“Two days,” Inuyasha questioned. ‘If it wasn’t for the damn new moon approaching, I would have been healed within a day.’

“Hai. Sit up so that I can re-bandage you.”

Inuyasha did as he was told, and kept his arms out of the way, as the Miko quickly wrapped his chest. When she was finished Inuyasha again gathered up his clothes, and walked to the door.

“Wait,” Kagome called once again; halting the inu-hanyou, and catching his attention.

“What?”

“Here,” the young woman said removing the shikon jewel from around her neck. She held it out to Inuyasha before continuing. “I forgot to give this back to you. “

“Keep it.”

“But -”

“It’s safer with you,” Inuyasha stated, not wanting to tell her the real reason why he gave it to her in the first place. He smirked at the miko before turning, and finally heading out the door.

Kagome sighed as she placed the rest of the plums in to a bowl, and walked outside. She glanced around not seeing the hanyou, and shrugged, figuring that he was back on the roof. She then headed around to check on Kage before going to Asumi’s shop.

Later that evening Kagome, Shippou, and Asumi returned to the house. The older woman and the kitsune entered without pause; leaving the miko standing outside alone. The young woman looked around; trying to spot the missing hanyou. She could feel his youkai presence nearby, but she couldn’t place his location. When she couldn’t find him, she sighed to herself giving up, and started for the door.

Inuyasha quietly slipped up behind the Miko, and reached out to her as she walked through the door. He lightly touched her shoulder, catching her by surprise and scaring her. Kagome screamed and jump away from the doorway; she whipped around to face her unknown attacker, only to come face to face with a smirking hanyou. “Don’t do that,” Kagome admonish, glaring at him.

“Don’t be so jumpy,” Inuyasha replied, smirking wider at the irritated young woman. The hanyou lightly brushed past her, trailing a claw down her arm, knowing that something else was bothering her. He made his way in to the hut, noticing traces of anger, sadness, and hurt lingering in her scent.

Kagome stared wide eyed after the retreating hanyou, wondering what had gotten in to him.

“Are you coming in child,” Asumi asked from inside, while she prepared dinner.

“Hai.” Kagome mentally shook her head, giving up on a reason why Inuyasha does anything and entered the house. She glanced at the inu-hanyou; sitting across the fire with his eyes closed, and then turned her attention to the older woman. “Do you need any help Asumi-san?”

“Yes, will you help me clean and chop the vegetables?”

“Hai.” Kagome sat down near the fire, and quickly set to work on her appointed task. Together the miko and the older woman made quick work of the vegetables, and then added them to the boiling pot sat over the fire.

Inuyasha’s ears twitched, and turned in Kagome’s direction as she worked. The hanyou cracked open his eyes, and watched her; knowing that something was still bothering her. The time passed quickly for the quiet group as the two women cooked, and it wasn’t long before the meal was done.

Asumi divided up the soup, while Kagome passed out the bowls, and utensils. Everyone dug in, enjoying the meal, though Inuyasha continued to watch Kagome. But when he noticed that night was falling, he quickly finished eating, and stood up. He passed the miko, and headed for the door; knowing that he couldn’t stay inside longer. “Stay inside.”

“Wait, where are you going,” Kagome asked, sitting her bowl down, and starting to rise.

“I'm sleeping on the roof tonight. Stay inside.”

“But -,” Inuyasha didn’t give her time to continue as he walked out the door. Kagome shook her head, and then continued eating, mumbling about an annoying in-hanyou.

Shippou finished his bowl, and carried it over to Kagome. He set it down beside her, and climbed in to her lap. The miko smiled down at the kitsune, and comfortingly ran her fingers through his hair, before continuing to eat. Shippou snuggled in to her stomach, and started to doze off; clutching her kimono in his tiny hands.

“Are you all right child?”

“Hai, Asumi-san.”

“Don’t let what happened earlier trouble you.”

“But what if-.”

“No buts child. Everything will work itself out in the end. Now why don’t you and Shippou get some sleep? I’ll clean up.”

“Are you sure?”

“Hai, go ahead, and get some rest.”

Kagome smiled gratefully at the older woman, and handed her both her bowl, and Shippou’s. The miko then carefully picked up the dozing kitsune, and carried him over to their futon. She settled Shippou on the blankets before following suite; pulling the covers over them. “Good night Elder and thank you.”

“You’re welcome child. Good night.”

Kagome ran through the dark forest, being hunted. The sinister presence drew ever closer, pushing her forward, never stopping, never letting up. She tripped over an unseen root, and fell hard to the cold ground. Shadows closed in around her, cloaking her hunter.

The miko could feel him drawing closer, his evil aura washing over her, and drowning her in its intensity. Cold fingers reached out, grasping at her robe, and hair. She struck out, trying to force the thing back but it would not let go. The moon momentarily illuminated the figure before her, blood red eyes stared down at her, a malicious smirk twisting the persons face. “No, let me go,” she screamed, as the person snatched her closer to them.

He just smirked at her terrified response, leaning down he whispered in her ear. “Poor little miko, in a plot way over her head.”

Kagome awoke with a scream, and quickly sat up; breathing heavily. Her nightmare induced scream had scared Shippou awake, and woke up Asumi as well. Inuyasha being still awake on the roof, carefully jumped down, and rushed inside; uncaring of his current state.

Kagome tried to calm her breathing, as she became aware of the people around her; asking if she was alright. “I’m Fine, it was just another nightmare.”

“Here,” Asumi said handing her a square of linen, after dipping it in a bucket of cool water and ringing it out.

“Thank you.” Kagome took it gratefully and ran the cloth over her face and neck, ridding herself of the sweat that coated her skin. She lightly ran a hand through her hair, taking a deep breath, and glanced up. When her eyes landed on the hanyou she gasped in surprise, drawing the others attention to him as well. “Inuyasha,” she hesitantly asked, reaching toward him.

“What?”

“You look human?”

“Yeah, Inuyasha. You look funny,” the kitsune stated, climbing in to the miko’s lap.

“What -,” Inuyasha started, having momentarily forgotten his current state. Then he remembered the changes in his appearance on this night, and stood up to leave. “It’s not important; I’ll see you in the morning.”

“Wait,” Kagome said, she quickly grabbed a hold of his now clawless hand before he could leave. “Tonight is the night your youkai blood wanes?”

“Yeah, so?”

“I think I will return to bed since there is nothing wrong. Good night.”

“Good night Asumi-san. Sorry to have bothered you.” She smiled at the older woman, before turning her attention back to the hanyou turned human. “Now, why didn’t you tell me?”

“It’s not something I go around announcing to people,” Inuyasha said sitting back down beside the young woman before continuing. “If other youkai found out, they would use it to their advantage.”

“I understand that. Still - ,” Kagome started, dropping his hand. But she cut herself off from continuing when she began to really take in as much of his appearance as she could in the dim light. She scooted even closer to the hanyou, trying to see better, and hesitantly reached out to him. The miko lightly ran her fingers across his cheek, noticing that his eyes where no longer amber, but instead a deep warm brown. She slipped her hand up the side of his head and in to his now inky black hair, and found his human ears. She lightly grazed her fingertips over them, before combing her fingers through his hair in innocent curiosity.

Inuyasha not being able to take the soft caresses any longer; caught Kagome’s wondering fingers, and gently removed her hand from his hair. He glanced up at her face, finding a mix of curiosity, and understanding coloring her features.

“Kagome,” the kitsune asked, sapping the pair out of the trance they seemed to have fell in to.

“Hai, Shippou-chan?”

“Are you sure you are ok, even with what happened earlier?”

“I’m fine.”

“What happened earlier,” Inuyasha asked, glancing back to the miko.

“Nothing important.”

“I know something happened. I could smell the changes in all of your scents earlier, so you might as well tell me.”

“Well,” Kagome began, before stopping herself, and wondering if she should tell him everything. ‘I don’t think he needs to know that they had gone after Shippou before I got there, and then later started to turn on me when I tried to intervene. Knowing Inuyasha as much as I can over our very short time together, I know that it won’t go over well.’

The young woman glanced down at the kitsune, and sighed. She took a deep breath before continuing, having decided not to say anything about that part of it. “When I reached Asumi’s shop, several of the villagers where there, arguing with Asumi-san about us. They were threatening her to turn us out, or that they will force us all out. How can they treat Asumi and us like this? We haven’t done anything to them. -”

“Kagome-” Inuyasha started.

“I knew yesterday that we weren’t really welcomed, but to go this far. -”

“Kagome,” He started, trying again to get her attention.

“And Asumi has lived here her whole life.”

“Kagome!”

“What,” the miko asked, breaking out of her rant.

“Most people don’t care about that. They are too filled with hate, mistrust, anger, and fear. They don’t take things for how they are; they see it how they want to. Humans and youkais alike, it doesn’t matter, both are at fault, and all they care about is themselves.”

Kagome sighed, and glanced down at the kitsune in her lap. She lovingly stroked her fingers through his hair, before turning her attention back to the hanyou. “So what are we going to do?”

“Simple. We leave tomorrow.”

“But-”

“No buts.”

“I guess it is for the best,” Kagome sighed. “I’ll tell Asumi-san in the morning. We had better get some sleep then. We will have a long day tomorrow.”

“I’ll see you in the morning,” Inuyasha stated, standing up.

“Wait, why are you going back outside? You should just stay in here.”

Inuyasha grumbled to himself, but dropped down against a wall of the hut, and closed his eyes.

“Good night.” Kagome waited until the kitsune was settled in to their futon; then laid down herself and pulled the blankets over them. She glanced one more time at the hanyou, before closing her eyes.

Bright and early the next morning, the group was already up, and preparing to leave. Kagome was outside Asumi’s house, busily packing their supplies. Inuyasha had already saddled Kage, and tied him off around to the side of the hut. He now leaned against the wall, staying out of the way. Shippou walked out Asumi’s house carrying another bag of dried meat over to the busy young woman.

“Really, Asumi-san this is too much,” the miko said, taking the bag from Shippou.

“Nonsense. All of you are going to be traveling for awhile, and there is also no telling what will happen along the way.”

“I’m really sorry about all of this Asumi,” the young woman said, packing the last bag, before standing up. She dusted herself off, and then walked over to the older woman before continuing. “Is there anything that we can do for you before we leave?”

“No, child. Just have a safe journey.”

“Sayonara Asumi-san.” Kagome said, hugging the elder. “Thank you for everything.”

“You’re welcome, and take care,” she stated before releasing the miko. She smiled at the young woman and stepped back. “Sayonara, and if you are ever back this way again, you had better come and see me.”

“We will.”

Inuyasha meanwhile had pushed himself away from the wall without a word, and walked around to the side of the hut. He returned a moment later leading Kage by the reigns, and headed over to Shippou. The silver haired-hanyou attached the last of their supplies to Kage’s saddle while he waited on the miko.

“Ja, Asumi-san,” Shippou called from atop Kage. Kagome walked over to the two, and turned back to smile at the older woman one last time, then climbed in to the saddle. Inuyasha nodded at Asumi before, taking up the reigns, and leading them out of town.

A/N: Thanks for reading, I hope you liked it, and please review. Next Chapter should be up soon.