InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Desirers ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Hi! I'm back! Well hope you guys like. I've actually have some ideas in the works now! I have the beginnings of a plot! Yeah for me! ^_^

Disclaimer: (whines) do I have to? I don't wanna say it!!!!!!!! (sinful) well as of next week I'll own an Inuyasha plushy… does that count?

Screams filled the air as they approached. The crimson light of the fire reflected off the rising cloud of smoke as ash rained down on them like snow. The earth shook with a loud roar casing the ground to crack and some parts to split open.

Sango quickly snapped her exterminator mask on ready for combat; she was atop of Kirara along with Miroku and Shippou all hoping against hope that they would reach the village in time to save some of the people.

Shippou consciously leaned forward on the Monks shoulder trying to get a better view of the carnage going on ahead of them, "Um…" he gulped softly before redirecting his gaze to the man beside him, "can't we go later? After all I'm still just a kid!" he cried over dramatically.

Miroku just frowned at the kit giving him a very disapproving look, "Do you want Kagome-sama to hear about this?" Shippou started to open his mouth to reply but Miroku continued stopping the baby youkai's next words, "You know she wouldn't want to hear that you put yourself in front of the lives of innocents when you have not only your own powers to protect yourself with but you also have Sango and I to do so." His eyes softened and a comforting smile graced his lips when the kit lowered his head in defeat before giving a curt nod in acknowledgment.

If the situation had not been so dire Sango could have actually enjoy the fatherly way that Miroku chastised and comforted the kit at the same time, but alas this was not the time or the place for such thoughts of possible children in the future, still a small smile slid on her face safely hidden under her mask, she could fanaticize later though…. Her thoughts came screeching to a halt however when a familiar hand stroked her backside. "Hoshi-sama!" she cried out indignantly as she whapped him in the head with Hiraikosu, "I can't believe you'd do that at a time like this!"

"Sorry Sango, I just couldn't help it." He said lightly putting his hands up defensively before more screams flew through the air sobering the party immediately.

They could see the village now, or what little was left of said village; It was nearing the condition of the other villages that had been attacked, that could not be permitted to occur.

Sango narrowed her eyes when she saw the youkai responsible come into view, It was very tall, as high as a hut and about as wide as one as well. It had tight muscular hunches with claws on the end of each fingerer and toe. Its three heads were each facing a different direction using it's long necks to be able to lash out and devour it's pray with out moving its body a single step forward. Its sharp teeth glistened in the light of the fire as saliva mixed with blood dripped from its mouth. And the three pairs of eyes glinted dangerously as the flames danced in their reflective depths.

Shippou ducked behind Miroku's neck and started to shiver in fright at the nightmarish creature before him.

The Monk just let out a long suffered sigh as he shook his head, before leaping off the fire cat, much to the dismay the Kitsune currently clutching to his neck for dear life. He easily landed on the ground not too far from the youkai itself. He straightened himself up from his crouched position and held his staff, up ready to fight as Sango landed from her own leap next to him. "Kirara." Sango called out tilting her head toward the cowering kit. With a feline roar the fire cat swung back around and gently picked the little youkai up and flung him up on to her back.

Sango gave a nod to Miroku before throwing Hiraikotsu at the nearest head. Unfortunately the youkai managed to dodge just in time to miss the attack entirely. Silently cursing its dumb luck she caught the over sized boomerang on its return trip.

Miroku stepped up and lightly placed a hand on her arm when she went to throw it a second time, "Let me try." He said fingering the beads on his hand absently. Stepping up he whipped the beads off "Kazzana!" he called out as he released the air rip from its seal. The wind whipped around the youkai as it howled in rage, people who had managed to survive thus far watched in fear and wonder as the monster started toward the black rip in the monks hand. No sooner had the youkai started his unwilling 'ride' to oblivion, did the buzzing of insects fill the air. 'Seimushou…'he thought darkly before quickly reapplying the seal to his hand 'Naraku, must be involved if these poison insects are here.' "Sango!"

"I know she called back giving a pointed look at the oversized bee like creatures before resending her boomerang out into the fray.

^--^

/O.O\

After several minuets Kikyo broke the silent staring contest by lifting her hand up and placing it possessively on Inuyasha's shoulder. "Why are you here?" she asked evenly, her dark eyes boring into Kagome's.

"I-" she started but then lowered her head, why was she there? Any idiot could tell by now where his heart lay so why was she still sitting there interrupting their private moment?

Inuyasha was too confused on what to do at the moment, he was so overjoyed to find out Kikyo was alive, but then Kagome came looking for him, his eyes narrowed on her swollen ankle and apparently hurt her self in the process… That was when the light smell of salt and water filtered up to his nose, raising his gaze to her face, he caught the ending swipe of her arm accrossed her eyes, yep she was crying.

Kagome raised her head back up, 'I'm not going to cry, 'I'm not going to cry' she repeated to herself over and over again as she willed anger to the surface, that was a nice safe emotion that wouldn't betray her true feelings, she had been a fool anyways. "Well I'll leave you two to have fun then!" she said sharply before she shakily tried to regain her footing. Unfortunately this was ruining her whole tuff girl image she had just tried to pull off.

Inuyasha watched her puzzled a moment ago she had been crying and then she seemed really angry and now, she looked as helpless as a pup… His thoughts screeched to a halt when he saw her lose her footing as her injured ankle buckled under the pressure she had placed on it, he rushed forward and caught her before she hit the ground again.

Kagome waited for the impact when she started to fall only it never came, cracking one of her closed eyes open she saw the familiar red of Inuyasha's Hoari. "Inuyasha…" she breathed out in surprise.

"Baka." He chided as he lifted her fully off the ground. "You're going to make that injury worse if you keep putting pressure on it."

Kagome let a soft smile grace her face, maybe… her heart speed up, just maybe there was a-

"After all how else could I find the Shikon shards, you're my shard detector so I need you in good condition, no sense in me having to carry such a weak girl any longer than I have to due to her stupidity."

The smile immediately vanished from her face, he just had to finish that sentence didn't he! Well she wasn't about to let him help her! "Sorry if I'm such a burden to you!" she yelled out, harshly shoving him away, before scooping her makeshift walking stick up and limping off as fast as she could.

He was about to go after her when a cold hand on his shoulder made him pause. He turned to look at the girl behind him, as much as he'd like to keep her with him he knew that she would never have it, and so he would have to tell her good bye for now and see what the hell Kagome's problem was.

"Inuyasha…" Kikyo breathed out as she tugged on his shoulder a bit indicating for him to turn around. "She won't get far."

Reluctantly he turned to face her his back to the very direction Kagome had fled. "Kikyo, I…"

"So she really does mean more…"

"No!"

Kikyo quickened an eyebrow at him in question.

"Look Kagome's hurt! So you can either see me later, or you can travel with us, where I can protect you…"

She gazed at him a hint of surprise flickered into her eyes, "so you wish me to be by your side?" her eyes narrowed, "why do you prolong your promise Inuyasha, why do you refuse to go to hell with me. Perhaps this is a trick, perhaps your not Inuyasha at all… After all Naraku fooled me once "

Inuyasha sighed as much as he wanted to reassure the girl he had to get to Kagome before she really hurt her self, "Kikyo, yes or no." he asked as the wind stirred his hair and bangs in it's breeze.

"How can you be so quick as to try and leave me for that girl, after I died for you! Nearly twice!" she hissed as her hands clenched at her sides.

Inuyasha lowered his head. It was true she had nearly died twice because of him heck she did die the first time, and he did feel really guilty about that, but still "Kagome…" he unintentionally whispered her name, much to Kikyo's discomfort.

"I'll go…" she finally said, her eyes lowered, "but only if you will keep your promise and go to hell with me later on."

Inuyasha fisted his hands and waved them in frustration, "Kikyo I-"

"So you never intended to go with me did you?"

He lowered his voice and slumped forward slightly, "Originally I was but now… I'm sorry."

"Then you leave me no choice."

"huh?" his head snapped up to see her readying an arrow.

"Prepare yourself INUYASHA!"

^--^

/O.O\

Kagome hobbled through the forest, as tears fell freely from her cheeks. 'I'll show him how strong I can be… I'll show-' her thoughts drifted from determined to just being miscible, as she played the truth of his words over in her head, 'well he never really lead me on, since day one he always said I was just his shard detector, and-and maybe I am as weak as he says, always getting targeted by someone, always getting caught! No wonder he wants Kikyo, she's mature, beautiful, graceful, sophisticated, and useful… since Kikyo's back why doesn't she be his shard detector, and I'll just- I'll just…' "I'll just go back to my time!" with that soft declaration the tears came faster and harder than before.

It was getting harder to walk with each step over the uneven ground, with each step she leaned a little bit more heavily on her make-shift cane. Her ankle throbbed, she was probably making the injury worse but like she cared, heck she welcomed the pain, it took her mind off the heartache. "Kagome no baka…" she whispered into the air as she trudged along. Hopefully she'd find the others soon, so she could say goodbye…

"Do I really want to say good bye?" she whispered to nobody unparticular as she paused her journey to contemplate that thought, could she really do that? Would that make her happy? Never seeing Sango-chan, Miroku-sama, Kirara, Shippou-chan, Moyga-jiji, or Kaede-obasan ever again, never seeing Inuyasha… could she really do that, no… She could never be happy leaving those she carried about behind to never see them again. She tried to start her journey again but found it hurt too much to even try and continue at the moment so, reluctantly she lowered herself to the ground; she'd just rest a minuet, besides what could possibly happen to her?

The wind blew past playing with her raven hair before settling down again. "So what are you mopping about? I really don't see why someone like you would be important to us but…"

Kagome slowly pulled her head up to look at the wind user, "Kagura…"

"Well I'm surprised you remember me the way your acting one might think other wise…"

Kagome mentally sweat dropped 'Inuyasha's defiantly right…' "Look, if you're here to kill me, hurry it up and get it over with. "she sniffled as she lowered her head once more.

"O-Oi!" Kagura called out waving her fan a bit to try and get the girls attention. She was a little shocked to put it mildly; she wasn't going to fight them? Well better for them, it would be less messy that way, but the stubborn girl needed to lift her head up for things to work!

"What are you waiting for, haiyaku shirio…" she muttered her eyes hidden behind her bangs.

"Oi! We're not here to kill you… all we need is for you to look up." She said simply. 'Well whatever Naraku arranged it certainly took the sprit out of the girl, now we just need to finish the job.' She thought slightly amused at her own joke.

"Why?" she asked her voice cracking.

"Just look up!" She was starting to loose her patience with the girl now, the sooner she raised her head the better, she mentally growled at Naraku's warning not to cut her at all costs the last thing they needed was for Inuysha to come running and interrupt their mission.

Kagome finally thinking over what she was saying decided it best to cry later and prove that she could take care of herself, just this once… She slipped the bow off her shoulder and quickly grabbed an arrow out of the holder, she only had two left since the rest had fallen out at some point, so she had best not miss, just as she was about to load the bow, a gust of wind whipped toward her the Ryu no mae the bow snapped in half, as the strap of the arrow dock cut clean in two, and her left shoulder suffered a fairly large cut.

Kagome slumped against the tree behind her, her face raised to see not only Kagura, but Kanna and Akago standing near by. "no." she breathed out just as Kanna stepped forward and started to drain her soul away… "not again…"

Kagura watched holding Akago close now as to the fact that Kanna was a little busy at the moment and watched her older sister work. She mentally cringed at the cut now adoring the miko's shoulder, hopefully Naraku wouldn't notice…"Are you sure this plan of yours will work Akago, last time you or Kanna tried to contain her soul it was too big to manage…" she trailed off, at least some conversation would keep her mind off of all the punishments Naraku could inflict on her for disobeying orders 'again'.

"Yes, because if Kanna takes enough of it into the mirror then I can keep the rest of it asleep inside of her, there would be no escape." The babe in her arms replied.

Kagura nodded, the plan did sound logical enough… this could work.

"Akago… she is ready now." Kanna breathed out as she lowered her mirror.

Kagome, felt very weak, her eyes were half open as she sat there breathing in and out through her mouth just trying to stay conscious. Kagura walked forward until she stood right in front of the girl, and then placed the child to her chest. The child closed his eyes as he laied his head against her. "Just as we planed the trauma the of seeing Inuyasha choose Kikyo over her brought the darkness of her heart to the front, she will not escape me this time."

Kagura cocked an eyebrow at the bit of information, 'wasn't Kikyo dead?' Kagome's respiration and heart sped up at the mention of those two being together, tears stung her eyes, as the child against her began to send out a pulse of dark energy and her arms that had felt like rubber moments ago began to move of their own accord and embrace the little one to her, just before her eyes lost the little bit of feeling that was left to them and she knew no more…

"It's done." Akago informed his elder sisters, "You know what to do."

Kagura didn't waste a second as she mechanically plucked on of the feathers out of her hair and then the four of then got on and flew away…

^--^

/O.O\

The oversized boomerang raced forward taking out a few of the poisonous bugs before returning to it's master. Sango narrowed her eyes at the youkai that had already regained it's balance she'd have to figure out how to take it down quickly before- Her breath caught in her throat when the monster turned toward a pair of children that were huddled next to the still forms of what could be assumed their parents. Desperation filled her as she reacted impulsively seeding Hiraikotsu flying toward her target, anything to get it's attention away from the children!

Miroku's own eyes widened at the realization when one of the heads jutted out toward the little ones ready to devour them whole, he acted on instinct, and ran over to them.

Time seemed to slow down as Hiraikotsu was stomped to the ground cracking down the middle clean in half, Kirara dodged the head on the right's attack and the middle head crashed down catching the monk in it's mouth.

Sango and Shippou watched in horror as the youkai closed it's mouth and swallowed before opening it's now empty mouth up ready to devourer it's original targets.

Shippou buried his head in Kirara's fur as he wailed at the top of his young lungs.

Sango stood rutted to the spot for several seconds before a inhuman cry tore from her throat before drawing her Katana and charging at the monstrosity before her.

The youkai was totally unprepared when Sango squired it's head mid lunge, "don't just stand there RUN!" she barked out as she twisted the sword bring it up making a rather nasty cut in it's head, just barley flipping to the side in time to avoid the same fate as the priest had just suffered.

Letting out another cry she whipped around just in time to parry the teeth of the head behide her. Putting her all weight into the sword she forced the head back and managed to roll under it towards its body.

Kirara was busy taking care to keep at least one head occupied as her mistress could breath easier, however the middle head was starting to regenerate and it wouldn't be long till it joined the other two in attacking…

^--^

/O.O\

There was the twang of the string as the arrow was released. Inuyasha quickly dodged to the side just missing the deadly projectile. "Kikyo!" Inuyasha yelled. "I have to go! Kagome might-"

"She's the reason you want to stay. So therefore after I kill you I'll go take care of her, then I'll meet you in hell." She said as she shot another arrow. "That way there will be nothing holding you back from fulfilling your promise to me." Yet another arrow was shot forth.

This went on for quite some time, till finally Kikyo shoot an arrow slightly off target and Inuyasha dodged right into it. The arrow tore through his sleeve and, stuck there? Inuyasha stared at the protruding arrow in surprise, a purity arrow would have disintegrated the material and hit the tree behind him, but this arrow just stuck in the material, like a normal arrow would… But Kikiyo's arrows were all purity ones, so that meant… he inhaled the air again, Naraku… this whole thing had been a trick from the start! He narrowed his eyes; well since this wasn't really Kikyo then he'd have no remorse for tearing her to peaces…

With that thought in mind Inyasha leapt forward and knocked the bow from the girl's hands. Kikyo gave a started cry when her main weapon flew from her grasp before claws ripped through her and her body, crumbled into dust.

His eyes darkened as his opponent's remains blew away in the wind. He gave a disgusted snort when the mixed smell of his hated enemy and a really good impression of his dead love reached his nose, indicating that some of the dust still clung to his nails. Swiping the air he gave a satisfied grunt when the dust looses from their positions, that's when it hit him, this was a trap all right, but… he sniffed the air experimentally searching for Kagome's sweet fragrance, when the most vile scent reached his nose, Kagome's blood… The second that registered in his mind he was off tracing the scent with a growl "Naraku!" He had to find her NOW!

He raced through the woods in a blur only coming to a stop when he had found the source of the smell, a small amount of blood scattered on the ground right next to a broken bow and a scattered pack of arrows…

"Kagome…" he breathed out a softly as worry etched in his face. She had been injured before this encounter, not to mention emotionally unstable. 'And who's fault was that?' he thought in disgust.

The growl returned sharply in his throat when the stench of his hated enemy clicked in his mind. It was all over the place, so either Kagome gave Naraku one hell of a workout, or there had been multiple detachments… His growl deepened as red flashed in his narrowed eyes before fading away to a molten gold. At her most vulnerable she had been out numbered and alone. Quickly picking up the remnants of the group's fleeting scent on the wind he started after it with a vengeance.

^--^

/O.O\

Miroku slowly opened his eyes, he was aware that he was currently in a lot of pain… it was then it clicked that acid surrounded him… that's when it finally clicked the youkai had swallowed him… at least it had done so with out chewing… he mentally cringed at that thought, he'd have to get out of here fast though, other wise he wouldn't be around long enough to really enjoy that fact… whipping the beads off his hand he let out the power of "Kazzana!" It vaguely registered in his mind that half dissolved bones flew into the void along with the acid and tissue; He'd rip this monster up from the inside out!

To be continued….