InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Side ❯ One-Shot

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Blanket Disclaimer:

Inuyasha, and the characters therein, are the property of Rumiko Takahashi. I am in no way affiliated with Takahashi, or VIZ Productions.


========================


Warnin g! This is a dark-fic, though with a light ending. Contains scenes of grusome violence, dismemberment, gore and rape. The moral of the story is ‘be careful what you wish for’.




Dark Side



It was over; the mission was complete. Naraku was dead, the Shikon no Tama restored and purified of the dark hanyou’s evil. Kikyou had found peace, giving her life in the final battle; Inuyasha was freed from his obligations to her preincarnation, no longer in need of joining Kikyou in Hell. Smiling softly, showing none of her reluctance, Kagome approached where Inuyasha lounged in the shade under the Goshinboku. She had a vow of her own to fulfill.

Miroku, Sango and Kaede had all warned her against it, but even after all their travels, all their time spent together, they didn’t know Inuyasha like she did. She knew in her heart that he would make the right decision.

Or at least, she hoped he would.

I wish he could accept himself the way he is, as a hanyou… Kagome thought solemnly, unconsciously tightening her fingers around the bobble in her hand that pulsed once without her notice.

Somewhere along the way, though, she had accepted his desire for the jewel, not truly believing him to be ‘one of the bad guys’ after it as he had labeled himself back in the beginning. She had tried to talk him out of his desire to use the jewel to become a full-youkai over the last few months, but in the end it had to be his decision. That she had the right as the jewel’s guardian to stop him didn’t even cross her mind. Inuyasha wasn’t her enemy, and she wouldn’t fight him over the jewel.

I do wish he would open his eyes, though, and realize that using it to turn full-youkai isn’t the right thing to do

As she felt the jewel pulse in her hand that time, she imagined it was echoing her sentiment, but she knew the jewel would do as it was told; she was its master, after all. She loved Inuyasha dearly, she loved him as a hanyou and it would sadden her to see him murder a part of himself, but ultimately it had to be his decision. She just kept on repeating that last part to herself. If it was his decision then that meant she wasn’t the one to blame, right?

“Hey…” she greeted softly as she reached him.

“Are you ready?” he asked her eagerly as he rose to his feet, knowing why she was there.

He had already asked her for the jewel after the melee of the final battle had calmed down. Hesitantly and awkwardly, he had been afraid of Kagome fearing he’d turned against her, but going about in circles asking her what she planned on doing with the jewel had immediately amazed and relieved him when she’d smiled sadly yet knowingly, assuring him she hadn’t forgotten that he wanted it. She had told him then and there that she didn’t really want him to turn full-youkai, but also that she wouldn’t stop him, though she’d also insisted that she needed a few days with the jewel first to ensure that it was fully purified of Naraku’s influence. Amazed, he’d hugged her, unable to fathom how the girl was going to just hand it over to him, though he was immensely grateful. Honestly, he didn’t know how he would have reacted had Kagome told him no, had she grown hard and tightened her grip around the jewel as if to protect it from him. He wouldn’t have turned bad guy, forcefully trying to take it from her, though he was sure it would have strained their friendship. It meant so much to him that she was just going to hand it over. It meant she truly trusted him. He wasn’t laughing on the inside that she was a fool; he wanted to hug her again and never let go.

Accepting the jewel from her outstretched hand with eyes wide in both amazement and gratitude, Inuyasha felt humbled in that moment. Immediately, though, as he closed his fingers around the jewel something unexpected that they both should have known would happen began happening. Energy crackled all around him, his aura growing darker as it grew more powerful.

With jagged purple stripes appearing on his cheeks he smiled Kagome’s way menacingly and said, “I wish to be a full-youkai.” Then, he ate the jewel.

“Wait!” Kagome gasped in shock, her mind suddenly flashing back to the time Inuyasha had been forced to utilize their jewel shards to strengthen Tetsusaiga’s attack to break out of the stone oni’s belly, and how doing so had immediately transformed him into his full-youkai state, although her touch had also purified his youkai’s influence at that time.

Lunging forward she touched her right hand to his chest, but then with a growing feeling of horror in the pit of her stomach she blanched as Inuyasha’s clawed left hand rose up to circle around her wrist, pinning her to him. His crimson eyes stared her down with recognition and malice. Her touch didn’t do anything to reverse what was happening, and she could feel it, the jewel within his belly, growing darker by the second. She would have to actually call forth her miko powers to physically purify him from the inside out, she realized then, hating herself for putting them both through this even as she channeled her powers, but sensing what she was about to do Inuyasha snarled viciously before backhanding her across the face with his free hand.

She flew back, collapsing to the ground in a broken heap with a grunt of pain and wince as she tried to move something that didn’t want to obey, her left shoulder dislocated from how she’d landed from the force Inuyasha had delivered to the right side of her face, and gasping in shock as she gazed up at him in terror, Kagome was too slow to even hope to stop what she knew was about to happen as Miroku and Sango rushed on the scene, the two of them having sensed Inuyasha’s dark aura.

“Hiraikotsu!” Sango shouted, letting her weapon fly, although she didn’t truly intend to injure Inuyasha. Using her weapon as a distraction she hoped to keep him occupied so that Miroku could get close enough to utilize his sutra.

Perhaps if they hadn’t tried to take Inuyasha down without killing him they wouldn’t have lost their chance.

Recognizing that the boomerang’s trajectory wasn’t going to land a fatal shot he didn’t even bother trying to dodge, knowing that the most obvious place to dodge to would put him right in Miroku’s path. Instead, he held his ground, punching Hiraikotsu to knock it off course and towards the monk once it reached him. Miroku barely got out of the way in time.

Popping his knuckles and chuckling darkly, Inuyasha stated, “I knew you would turn against me, traitorous bastards...” before roaring fiercely as he launched his own attack, charging towards Sango first.

Kagome tried to stop him from her position, crying “Osuwari!” at the top of her lungs despite the pain in her jaw, but to everyone’s horror he stood his ground, pausing for only a moment as his body resisted against the pull of the beads. Raising his right hand up to the cursed necklace he yanked, and thanks to the power of the jewel his magic was much stronger than old Kaede’s, the beads giving way easily to scatter at his feet. Shooting Kagome a hard glare that promised she would pay for that mistake he didn’t lose focus on his enemies, and as Sango and Miroku tried to find a second opportunity to approach him in his supposed distraction he suddenly spun around, claws raised.

Blades of jyaki flew from his fingertips, slicing through the monk and slayer before either of them could hope to dodge. Appearing out of nowhere Kirara tried to grab her mistress to drag her to safety, but she only ended up getting hit by the blades as well, falling beside her long-time companion. Kagome screamed at the sight as Miroku, Sango and Kirara all fell where they stood as broken, bloody corpses.

Kaede chose that moment to run onto the scene, an arrow drawn and ready, but taking her one and only shot proved to be insufficient when, just like how Kagome’s arrows were nowhere near powerful enough to injure Sesshoumaru, thanks to the power boost offered by the jewel Inuyasha merely caught Kaede’s arrow midair. It sizzled for a moment in his grasp, but the mild burns on his fingertips healed almost instantly. Cursing under her breath Kaede reached for a second arrow, but in that moment Inuyasha chucked the projectile in his hand back at the aging priestess, hitting on target as the arrow mercilessly found purchase in Kaede’s good eye. Cringing like a terrified animal, Kagome looked away from the gruesome scene as Kaede screamed in both panic and pain. Her screams were silenced with a charge of energy and a wet plop that sounded suspiciously like dismemberment, and gulping nervously, Kagome turned back only to immediately throw up at the sight of her mentor’s decapitated head facing her way, her face bloodied from the arrow still protruding from her eye socket.

Crying hysterically, Kagome curled herself into a ball, ignoring the pain that rushed through her body at the light maneuver. Pinching her eyes closed, she waited for Inuyasha to kill her next; it took her a moment to realize that he hadn’t yet done so and to open her eyes in morbid curiosity as to why. She blanched at the sight of him sniffing the air, turning his head from side to side while flicking his ears as if searching for something, until he found it, snarling viciously.

Gasping in immediate understanding, she shouted, “Shippou run!” at the top of her lungs, but it was already too late.

The kitsune had followed after Sango and Miroku, and too afraid of getting spotted he’d hid using his fox magic, going invisible where he stood on the grass. He would have turned and run but he’d feared that the sound would give him away, his guise also successfully masking his scent, or so he thought. Perhaps it was the sound of his heartbeat that had led Inuyasha to him, but Shippou would never know, as he turned tail and bolted in that moment, transforming into a bird to take to the sky. Inuyasha launched himself after him, successfully leaping the incredible distance needed to capture his prey. Shippou didn’t stand a chance; guilty by association, the former hanyou hadn’t wanted to risk the brat running off to find his brother or Kouga or any other would-be savior that might possibly be foolish enough to stand up against him. Cutting through the boy’s body easily, Shippou’s severed pieces fell to the ground with a sickening splash.

While he was preoccupied with going after the kitsune, Kagome staggered to her feet, ignoring the protest of her bruised spine and dislocated left shoulder as she rushed the best she could to where Sango’s body lied, reaching for the slayer’s tanto with her right hand. She momentarily contemplated just killing herself with the blade, before Inuyasha had the chance to do it for her, but she knew that even seppuku wouldn’t redeem her soul after what she had permitted to happen. Charging the weapon in her hand, she planned on using it to take Inuyasha out with her, draining herself of every last ounce of miko energy and instilling it into the short sword so that when she plunged it into his heart there would be no darkness left in the jewel to revive him.

Or at least, that had been the plan.

Suddenly turning around she gasped to discover Inuyasha standing directly behind her, and lunging with the blade held tight in a white-knuckle grip, her eyes widened in disbelief, her world slowly crumbling away as he snarled angrily before slashing at her with his claws, severing her right hand from her arm. Screaming in bloodcurdling agony, Kagome couldn’t think as Inuyasha smirked her way triumphantly.

“What’s the matter, Ka-go-me?” he taunted, “Didn’t you know what to expect?” he asked her sarcastically as if she were stupid. “What did you think I meant when I said I wanted to be a full-youkai?” he asked her rhetorically, chuckling darkly in amusement as she collapsed to the ground, growing dizzy from shock though not blood loss. The heat from his youki had cauterized the wound.

“No…no…” she denied, shaking her head from side to side as more tears fell. “This isn’t you, this isn’t…”

Inuyasha only laughed harder. If she was expecting to see some flash of the ‘real’ him appear and beg for help before disappearing again, as if some evil force had merely taken him over against his will, she had another think coming. Although then again maybe not, since she would be dead soon, because even though she wasn’t dying just yet he did plan on killing her before too much longer, meaning she would no longer have any thoughts of any kind. Before getting to that, though, Inuyasha wanted to have a little fun first. If she came to terms with the fact that there was no ‘good’ him locked away inside somewhere before he killed her, all the better.

“This is me.” he assured her darkly. “The real me.” he added, as if all of their months getting to know each other had been a lie.

Kagome knew it wasn’t true, she knew it was the jewel that had changed him, but she also knew there was nothing she could do about it at that point. She could only pray that eventually Sesshoumaru would find out and take him out, presuming the daiyoukai was still strong enough to defeat Inuyasha in his current state. She also prayed that Inuyasha would leave her family alone, fearing that he still had the ability to travel through the well. She didn’t dare ask him for mercy, though, because perhaps killing them hadn’t even crossed his mind, but if she were to beg him not to then surely he would just to spite her.

Kagome was pulled from her dark musings as she felt Inuyasha’s claws tear into her body, wondering vaguely why it didn’t hurt quite as badly as she’d thought it would. Tilting her head down to glance at her body quickly revealed the answer to that quandary. He hadn’t sliced through her, he’d merely sliced through her clothes, the tips of his claws superficially grazing her skin in the process. Before she could bring her foggy mind to question why he had rendered her naked, she had her answer as he shed his own clothing just as quickly, her eyes going wide at the frightening sight of his twelve-inch erection.

“You owe me, bitch.” he murmured harshly. “You’re gonna die, but not just yet. I want to hear you scream first.”

Before she could even process his words his body was on top of hers, and plunging hard and fast into her unprepared virgin body Kagome did scream. She screamed so loud her voice cracked before she threw up again from the pain, nearly drowning on the vile before managing to turn her head to spit it out. Inuyasha’s wicked, crimson eyes were gazing down at her in delight, relishing in her torment, the feel of her tight pussy coated with blood absolutely exquisite. Weakly she tried to shove him away with the stump of her right wrist, ignoring the pain, since she could barely even move her left arm at all, but chuckling darkly Inuyasha completely ignored her pointless attempts at shoving him away. She couldn’t even purify him because she’d drained herself of her powers. It would take her several hours to recover her energy and get her powers back, and he didn’t plan on letting her live that long.

Plunging his claws brutally into her hips he raised her up as he slammed down into her, over and over and over again. If anyone in the village was listening to her cries they were going ignored, as not one single person showed up to see what was the mater. Most likely they knew precisely what was going on, and they were smart enough to stay away. Perhaps he’d let the villagers live. But not the little miko below him; no, she needed to pay. What she needed to pay for he couldn’t quite remember off the top of his head, but that was all right, because truth be told he’d wanted to fuck her for a long time now anyway. With the way her insides gripped him so perfectly, perhaps he wouldn’t kill her outright just yet, after all. It might be nice having a pussy around to fuck whenever he felt like it. Roaring his release, he held himself as tightly within her broken body as he could go, unconcerned about spilling his seed inside her because if she got pregnant he’d just kill it. He had finally gotten rid of his own human blood; the last thing he wanted to do was bring another fucking hanyou into the world.

Although he wasn’t against all types of human blood.

Pulling his still hard dick from her bloody pussy he inhaled deeply, relishing in the scent of her blood, in the appearance of his cock coated thickly with it. No, he wouldn’t kill her just yet, after all. He would let her heal up so that in a few days he could fuck her again, again and again. Chuckling in amusement, he told her this.

Eyes widening in disbelief at his words, the last lingering spark of life drained out of Kagome’s soul in that moment, though she refused to be reserved to her fate. She had been prepared for Inuyasha to kill her, knowing she deserved to die by his hands; he was her creation and she deserved for her creation to destroy her. But if he refused to do it now, that didn’t mean she was happy her life had been spared. He had discovered a fate for her that was even worse than death, and in an act of selfishness she refused to accept the penance she probably deserved. Seppuku wouldn’t save her soul or redeem her honor, but at that point she didn’t care. It was cowardice, but she didn’t care. Burning in Hell for all eternity would be a blessing compared to the life Inuyasha had just told her awaited her.

She waited until he turned his back on her, flopping bonelessly to the ground where he dropped her as the rag doll she felt like so that he wouldn’t expect her to move.

Knowing she would only get one shot at it, Kagome quickly made a lunge for Sango’s tanto, the blade resting not too far away. She noted morbidly that her severed right hand was still locked around the hilt in a literal death grip, but she paid it no heed as she somehow miraculously summoned every last ounce of willpower within her body to force her left arm to obey her, at least enough that she could grip the blade in her left hand. Just because the joint of her shoulder was popped out of its socket didn’t mean she couldn’t control the muscles in her hand, after all, although to do so caused every nerve in the entire limb to scream in agony. So long as she kept that scream on the inside, it was okay.

Lifting the blade of the short sword so that the hilt was still resting on the ground for support but its tip was pointed straight up, Kagome flopped herself over it, going for the throat to ensure a death shot since she didn’t trust herself to not somehow miss her heart or other vital organs in her current condition and with the few fractions of seconds with which she had to make the move. Besides, traditional female suicide of the time period called for slicing the jugular, anyway. At least she could do one thing right.

Inuyasha turned around only in time for his crimson eyes to widen in shock and anger at the sight of Kagome’s body falling to the ground, Sango’s tanto sticking out of the center of her throat, just above the collarbone. Gurgling, it didn’t take Kagome long to die, drowning on her own blood as the life-giving liquid pooled all around her. Snarling vehemently, Inuyasha stalked towards Kagome’s body, bending down and pulling the blade from her throat after ripping her hand from the hilt with every intention of repeatedly stabbing her with it, hoping she was still partially alive and able to feel every thrust. As soon as his hand closed around the hilt, however, the holy object that the tanto had become with the amount of spiritual energy Kagome had charged it with immediately had him freezing in place.

With pale stripes on his cheeks and amber irises, Inuyasha collapsed to his knees in horror, tightening his grip on the tanto.

What…what have I done…

Unfortunately for the once-hanyou, that wasn’t truly a question he needed answered, because he remembered everything.

As if in a trance he tilted his head down to gaze at the short sword he held in his lap, remembering what Kagome had attempted to do with the blade and knowing that it was the reason for his sudden lucidity. Without giving himself a second to even possibly reconsider what he was doing, he plunged the tanto deep within his belly, the spiritual powers of the blade easily able to pierce through both his fire-rat armor as well as his full-youkai flesh. Yes, he was still a full-youkai; just like during the time with the stone oni, Kagome’s energy had purified the negative side of the jewel’s power, giving him the power boost he’d wanted all along. He hadn’t wanted to go mad, he’d only wanted to be a full-youkai, like his brother and father. But that fate wasn’t for him any longer, and even if it could be, he didn’t want it any more; he didn’t deserve it after what he’d done. Knowing that if he severed his connection with the tanto he would revert back into his evil state, that was the last thing he wanted to do, to lose the regret and remorse he presently felt. He deserved to feel even more pain, both literally and figuratively. Twisting the short sword in his gut, then, he reached for his brutalized middle with his left hand, tearing his claws into his weakened flesh until he found what he was looking for, ripping the purified jewel from his stomach. As soon as the bobble was out of his body his transformation into a full-youkai reversed itself, turning him back into a hanyou, although that state of being didn’t last long with the holy tanto still in his abdomen, as its power had him turning human next with a scream of agony. Breathing shallowly once he was mortal, he completed his traditional seppuku maneuver with the tanto, running it up in a diagonal motion through his gut. Tightening his fingers around the seemingly innocent jewel in his hand, he longed for one last burst of youkai strength so that he could crush the pearl into dust, though he knew it wasn’t meant to be.

“I wish I’d never wished on this damn thing!” he lamented as tears flowed freely down his cheeks. Closing his eyes, he waited to die.

Suddenly, though, Inuyasha was snapped out of his despair by the gentle touch of a hand on his shoulder, and shaking his head for a moment in order to clear his thoughts, his eyes widened in disbelief as he glanced up to note the concerned look in Kagome’s eyes as she gazed down at him worriedly, leaning over him with her hand on his shoulder while he knelt on the ground before her.

“Inuyasha?” she asked with concern and a touch of fear in her voice. “Are you okay? What happened?”

He would have loved to answer her, but in that moment he honestly had no clue what had happened, as he first scanned the miko’s body to note that she appeared unharmed before then scanning his eyes down over himself. He was also uninjured, the pure Shikon no Tama still held tightly in his left hand.

“What happened…from your point of view?” he asked her hesitantly, wanting to make sure this wasn’t some sort of a trick.

Kneeling down to sit before him equally, Kagome cupped her hands over his that held the jewel, unsure of what was going on though wanting to make sure the jewel didn’t seem to be tainting, which it didn’t.

“I gave you the jewel…” she started then, her eyes searching his. “You smiled, thanking me, and then suddenly your eyes went blank and you collapsed to your knees. I thought the jewel was taking you over somehow but it doesn’t seem to be tarnished at all. Are you sure you’re okay?”

He laughed then, the sound fueled by immeasurable relief and joy as he swiftly handed her back the jewel. It had granted his wish to undo his wish; all was right with the world.

“Yes, I’m all right, more than all right. But do me a favor, get that thing away from me.”

Confused, Kagome glanced down at the bobble in her hands. She was relieved, but…

“You don’t want it?”

“Not any more.” he stated with conviction.

Smiling tenderly, Kagome pocketed the jewel. It would seem the gem had somehow granted her own wish, though she hadn’t consciously meant for it to happen. Whatever vision Inuyasha had had, she knew he would probably never share the details with her, but that was all right with the miko. He had decided not to use the jewel to turn himself full-youkai after all, and in the end that was all that mattered. Getting up, Kagome offered Inuyasha her hand, which he readily accepted, and together they went back to Kaede’s hut. They would need to discuss with the miko what should be done with the jewel to help keep it safe now that Inuyasha no longer wanted it for himself.

From their hiding place in the trees Sango and Miroku both released a collective sigh of relief, putting away their weapons before following after their friends, Kirara and little Shippou both tagging along behind them.





Converting /tmp/phpKiibTO to /dev/stdout