InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness Within ❯ The Final Battle ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha or any of the characters.

They had finally taken all they could stand. After all the death and suffering they had seen caused by Naraku, InuYasha, Kagome, Miroku, and Sango all decided that Naraku had to be destroyed before he harmed anyone else. Since they had long ago learned the location of Naraku's castle thanks to Sango, they headed out to confront the demon on his home turf. They each had their own reasons for wanting to fight Naraku: InuYasha, because Naraku had turned himself and Kikyo against each other 50 years ago, Miroku, in hopes to cure the curse Naraku had placed on his family, Sango, to free her brother Kohaku from his control, and Kagome...Kagome had become deeply enraged at all the crimes Naraku had committed in his quest for ultimate power. They had all thought it best that Shippou stay behind with the priestess Kaede, where, hopefully, he would be safe. It is true that he was a full blood demon, but his power only consisted of creating illusions and he was still very young and unskilled.

The group knew it would take a few days to reach Naraku's castle, so they had made sure that they had all they needed before they left. Also, Kagome was careful not to bring too much stuff back from the future with her, since she knew most of the stuff she usually brought would be useless right now. She still brought her bike to ride on, though, since it was much easier on her then walking. Sango and Miroku were both riding on Kilala, while InuYasha stayed ahead of the group on foot to keep an eye out for any trouble.

Later that night, after camp had already been set up and Miroku and Sango had already fallen asleep, Kagome walked over and sat down next to InuYasha, who, as usual, stayed up to keep watch. InuYasha looked at her. "Can't sleep?" Kagome nodded. "Yeah...I've been doing a lot of thinking..." InuYasha looked up at the sky before answering Kagome. "Oh? What about?" Kagome was silent for a moment before responding. "About Naraku...do you really think we can defeat him?" InuYasha looked at Kagome with concern. It wasn't like her to have doubts about her actions. "Of course, we will, Kagome. We have Miroku, Sango, and Kilala with us...and you...you've grown much stronger since you first came here. We'll be fine." Kagome blushed slightly at InuYasha's compliment. She knew how she felt about him, but no boy had ever spoken to her with such kindness before, so it was still a new feeling to her. "Thanks, InuYasha." Kagome then leaned against him and closed her eyes. After looking around to make sure Miroku and Sango were really asleep, InuYasha put his arm around Kagome, who had already fallen asleep herself. "We will defeat Naraku...I promise..."

At that time, Naraku was watching InuYasha and Kagome from his stronghold by using his magic. "So...InuYasha has feelings for Kagome now, does he? Perhaps I could try to separate them as I did him and Kikyo 50 years ago....and I think I know just the way." Naraku smiled coldly as he looked over at his piece of the Shikon Jewel, which was nearly complete, only missing the shards that were still in Kagome's possession. "I think it's time I let Kagome have a taste of my true power. Let them enter my castle...they will be walking right towards their doom."
Sorry the first chapter is so short. I'll try to write a longer one next time. For now, I hope you enjoy this story. ^_^>