InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dating Is Not For The Faint Of Heart ❯ See You In The Movies ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, yes I know it's short, But come on people! It's HOJO, boring, uninteresting HOJO! Yes I do feel sorry for him, but not enough to give him a chance with Kagome. He is only the means to an end, trust me. Have I let you down? The date with the Yasha-meister is coming up after this, I own no one, the only live under my bed making sock puppets, Love you all, feedbackers the most of course! Darth Mer Mer

Momijichan@hotmail.com

Dating is Not for the Faint of Heart

See You in the Movies,

The popcorn was stuck in her teeth, the floor under her feet was sticky and the soda was flat as the Savannah Plains. Kagome sighed. And if that weren't enough, Hojo had picked a movie based on the Sengoku Jidai. And who ever had directed the piece didn't know what in the world they were talking about. Twice Kagome had succumbed to the urge to point out certain blatant inconsistencies in the film. It was bad enough that she had to live in that time mostly, now she was watching a film about it, granted, it was a sweet love story. But she could tell how it was going to end, five minutes into the feature. At least Inuyasha had slunk home with his tail between his legs, she chuckled at the thought.

Hojo grinned proudly when her heard Kagome laugh. He had picked a good movie! She liked it, she was having a good time! Oh, happy day, the world was coming up daisies!

From his perch on the abandoned balcony, Inuyasha made his decision that this guy had to go. Slowly and painfully if possible. That someone as mundane and boring as the idiot before him thought they might have a chance with Kagome made him laugh. His form stirred the shadows around him as he shifted. Was this what people did on a date? Sit and watch gigantic people act out stories? Growling he watched as the boy stared at his Kagome. That did it, his patience was gone. He had tried, the boy was as bright as a snuffed out candle. He tried to leap down and relieve Kagome of her burden, but his feet stuck, glancing down he saw a pink wad of something sticking his feet to the floor. He was held immobile, for the moment, he drew Tetsuaiga.

Kagome watched as the beautifully dressed geisha ran towards the samurai. They didn't have geisha like that in the 1500s! She thought viscously as she ate another handful of popcorn. Her appetite was back with a vengeance, the dinner hadn't really filled her up. Since all she did was pick at it and glare towards the ladies bathroom urging Inuyasha to get out of there. Now, in the dim light of the movie screen, her stomach had voiced it's desperate plea to be feed. Hojo had been kind enough to get snacks, even after the expensive dinner. Kagome smiled over at him, he wasn't so bad. Inuyasha would have never done something like that for her.

Hojo blushed. Kagome had smiled at him! He studied her pretty profile as the movie's light reflected off her skin. Mustering up all his courage, Hojo feigned a yawn, reaching his arms high above his head. He'd seen people in the movies do this plenty of times. Courage, Hojo, courage!

As his arm descended over Kagome's shoulders to envelope her in a light embrace, she heard a very distinctive growl. He had followed her here too!? She tensed under Hojo's arm and decided that enough was quite enough. If he wanted to follow them around fine, She'd show stupid Inuyasha a thing or too! She snuggled down closer to Hojo as the movie got so sappily romantic she though she would have to buy dentures after her teeth fell out. Smiling, she though, so there and got more comfortable.

Hojo was in a state of total bliss. So happy was he, that he was drooling, so no more needs to be said for Hojo, only that he was happy, drooly happy.

Inuyasha's jaw dropped to the floor. He paused from freeing his feet from the aged bubble gum. What, was, she, doing!?

Kagome ginned evilly. Reaching across Hojo's chest, she snatched up his drink. Slowly, deliberately, she raised his straw to her lips. And drank. In her mind's eye she saw Inuyasha having conniption fits in the balcony. The symbolism was not lost on her young mind.

Inuyasha was angry, no, he was inches away from being ballistic. Kagome had just kissed Hojo indirectly. For what it was worth, she could have climbed up on his lap and done the watoosie in cowboy boots and it would have been just as bad!

Then his mind cooled,

Then he grinned.

Maybe that was okay. Since she had done it to Hojo, she had to do it to him too, He cackled, oh, this was gonna be good!

Kagome shuddered. What on earth was that hideous noise? It sent a chill down her spine. Deep in her stomach, filled to the brim with butter flavored popcorn, a feeling of impending doom was born. Maybe the shadow that leapt in front of the movie for a split second as it bounded away cackling had something to do with that,

Next Chapter: Hojo's Kiss Goodnight, The Start of Inuyasha's Date,

Will Hojo score? (Of course not) How will Inuyasha interpret the findings about what a date really is? How terribly twisted can one fanatical, frazzled, fanfic author be!? Oh, just you wait baby, you ain't seen nothing yet, BAWAHAHAHAHA! That is if you leave feedback! Love you all, Darth Mer Mer

PS, I promise the next chapter will be longer, I started a new job today.