InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dating Is Not For The Faint Of Heart ❯ Dinner ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thank you all for such great reviews! I'm trying to do a chapter a day, so keep a look out! I own no one, they only live under my bed, hiding my PS2 games! Love you all, Darth Mer Mer. Momijichan@hotmail.com

Dating is Not for the Faint of Heart!

Dinner,

Kagome tried hard to smile as she and Hojo were shoved again by the massive crowd. The restaurant was beautiful, it was a newer establishment. Candles lit the stucco walls and snowy white linen table cloths glowed softly in the dim light. It was one of the restaurants that actually used cloth napkins instead of paper ones. Kagome wondered how long it had been since she had eaten at a place this nice. Usually she was lucky to get a hot meal in the Feudal Age. But no matter how breathtaking the place was, it was very popular, especially on a Friday night. Hence the bustling and shoving, Kagome forced herself not to push Hojo away as the crowd surged him against her. This was a date after all.

Inuyasha glared through the glass panes of the restaurant window, deftly hidden in the front bushes. The boy was pushing up against Kagome again. He growled and snapped one of the branches off in his clawed hand. Then he stopped. He shook his head, maybe this too was part of the date. But it still made him mad. The only reason his head had cooled off was that he still need to know what a date was, Kagome had agreed that he got one as soon as the one with Hojo was over.

"Mama look, there's a guy in those bushes!" A little girl tugged on her mother's hand and pointed at the tips of Inuyasha's ears as they passed by.

The mother raised an eyebrow, then scooped her child up. "Shh, honey, don't point. It's just one of those weird kids from Yoyogi park all dressed up." Still it was a weird outfit, she would have even though it authentic if it hadn't been for those ridiculous ears.

Inuyasha only sweat dropped and glanced back into the restaurant as Kagome and Hojo were taken to a table in the back of the darkened room. "Crap, now I can't see them, where are they going!?" He quickly glanced around and made a break for the door. If the woman hadn't given him a second though maybe he'd be able to sneak into the smelly building. As the doors swished closed behind him, every set of eyes turned towards him. Okay, maybe this hadn't been the best idea,

A dinner roll accentuated that thought as it bounced off his head. Another followed with a scream from a woman at a nearby table. "Monster!" She cried and launched her silverware at him. The spoon bounced harmlessly off his nose and he had the good sense to dodge as the knife and fork came at him with deadly accuracy. Many of the horde followed suit as Inuyasha found himself covered in what looked like long worms. He dove under a nearby table and slunk towards a door. It had a pink emblem of a woman emblazoned on it's surface. Maybe he could find Kagome in there and get this entire mess over with!

Kagome turned her head for an instant when someone at the front of the restaurant squealed. "Wow, it must really be crowded up there, " She looked back at her menu quickly as Hojo looked up and beamed at her. Geez, Kagome, get a grip, it's okay for him to look at you like that! She absently played with the table candle as Hojo started to blather about medicinal uses of garlic. Kagome didn't know anything medical about the smelly stuff, she just hoped Hojo had some gum, Smiling a fake smile, she let her mind wander as Hojo kept going. She was mentally making a list of supplies she'd need when she went back to Inuyasha's time. She had promised Shippou more candy and a new box of crayons. She knew Inuyasha wanted more potato chips even thought he denied wanting anything in a last ditch effort to keep her from going. She'd get him two bags, She sighed, math book, she'd need her math book. Stupid math book, She glanced up and saw Hojo staring at her expectantly. "Huh, I'm sorry, what did you say?" Shaking her head she managed another almost genuine smile. "Sorry, I'm kind of flighty today."

"Yeah, your Grandfather told me you were getting juvenile dementia, so it's okay." He clasped her hand and leaned towards her. "I just what to make sure you have a good time. You deserve to, even if you forget about it in the morning."

"Oh."

Hojo beamed at the girl, happy that she was really there. She was talking to him. She must like him!

Gods, why am I here? Kagome shook her head, fighting back the urge to go home and throttle her Grandfather. "Excuse me, I'm going to the ladies room." Politely excusing herself, she stood and made her way to the bathroom. She wove through the tables packed with couples, her hem brushing her legs as she walked towards a place of sanity. "I should have just stayed home." She grumbled as she nudged the ladies' room door open with her shoulder. She fiddled with her purse and grabbed her lipstick. "Could this night get any worse, I'm bored!"

Inuyasha pressed his ear to the door. He was safely hidden in one of the small rooms with a low sink. He had been ready to burst out, grab the woman and drag her home, but now, maybe it would be better to listen to her. It didn't sound like she was having a good time. He grinned.

Kagome reapplied her makeup and sat at the sink. She mumbled as she stalled for time. "God, I don't even like Italian food, but it is better than all that instant ramen I have to eat in the Feudal Age."

Hey, Inuyasha thought from his side of the door, I like instant ramen!

"And, Hojo is a nice guy. Just kind of boring, " She sighed.

Inuyasha grinned, at least he wasn't boring!

"At least Hojo's not all jealous like Inuyasha." Kagome sighed again as she washed her hands in the fancy sink.

Grr, Inuyasha was definitely not jealous, stupid Hojo.

Kagome rubbed her temples. There was so much stuff she needed to take care of at home and at school. "The last thing I need to be doing is just to sit here and-"

CRASH!

Kagome's eyes widened. Oh, he wouldn't dare! He couldn't have followed her all the way here! Her eyes narrowed, but that would explain the screams from the entrance.

Inuyasha lay on the floor, one foot stuck in the low sink, he was completely silent, because he was praying to any Gods that would listen. He promised to be a good little hanyou, if they would just keep Kagome from finding him. No such luck, the unmistakable of ticked off woman was flowing straight at him.

Kagome was seething. She threw the stall door back and glared down at the fallen hanyou. Some of the anger dissipated as she saw that one foot had splashed down in the toilet. "Inuyasha, what are you doing in the WOMAN'S BATHROOM!"

Inuyasha feigned annoyance, "Figures, only a woman's bathroom would need this many sinks!" He waved a claw behind him at the low round sink that held his foot captive.

Kagome raised an eyebrow. "Inuyasha, that's a toilet, "

"Oh, I knew that." He struggled to sit up as the spell wore off. Glaring up at Kagome, absently kicking his foot to get the water off, he looked the girl up and down with a critical eye. "That's an interesting outfit, "

"Don't you even start, " Kagome sighed. "Look, just go home. I promise to come back as soon as I'm done here." Maybe reasoning with him would work,

"Make me, "

Or not. "Inuyasha, I'm giving you one more chance to get out of here and leave us alone for three hours, It's not hard. You don't have to be jealous, I don't like Hojo like that. I only feel bad for standing him up all the time."

"No."

Why was he being like this, she was used to him being a pain but this!? So Kagome did the only thing she could do. She yelled 'SIT' about eleven times and flounced out the door, leaving a prone Inuyasha in her wake.

He started to quiver, then to shake. "Just you wait Kagome! I'll make you sorry for this!" He hollered after her. He knew exactly where they were going after this, he would have his revenge and it would be sweet! He chuckled maniacally.

Next Chapter: See You in the Movies,

Will cinema ever be safe again when the dejected hanyou goes after his revenge as Kagome and Hojo flee to the movies? Tune in to the same Inu time, same Inu channel! Please read and review! Love you all, Darth Mer Mer