InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dear Life, I Quit ❯ A Cruel Betrayal ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or any of the characters…though I wish I did. ^-^
 
Kaori: I thought of this earlier today when I was finishing up Scars, I hope you all like it. ^^
 
Summary: Kagome ran away, giving up on life and her future with Inuyasha. Now the hanyou must look for her to try and get her to return. But with a new friend and a village that needs her; will the miko go back to the life she once knew and loved?
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Dear Life, I Quit
 
Chapter 1 {ACruel Betrayal}
 
 
“I've made another snack for us.” Kagome said; a bright smile was spread across her pretty face as she neared her feudal friends. “I hope you'll all like it, I made it in a hurry.” She glared at Inuyasha who was tagging along side of her; the hanyou had been standing over her the whole time she was trying to make the lunch.
 
“No worries, Kagome-chan. I'm sure it'll be great no matter what.” Sango smiled at her friend fondly. “You always manage to make it the best tasting meal we've had in days.” Miroku nodded from where he sat in agreement with Sango.
 
“Arigatou, Sango-chan.” Kagome smiled brightly, she then looked down at Shippo who was rubbing his hands together and looking up at her eagerly.
 
“Kagome…did you bring it?” the small kitsune youkai asked gingerly.
 
Kagome giggled, “hai, Shippo.” She took out a large pink and red lollypop from her yellow backpack and gave it to him. “I'd never forget you!”
 
“Ah! Arigatou!” Shippo shouted as he grabbed the lollypop and sat on the ground with it, fighting the plastic wrap off.
 
Kagome giggled and lay down a picnic blanket on the soft green grass; she then started to lay out the tubs of food. “You guys can dig in now if you want.”
 
Miroku, Sango, Kirara, and Inuyasha sat around the blanket with Kagome and started to eat.
 
“Bleh, its no trouble to tell you rushed making this stuff.” Inuyasha dropped the rice cake that was in his hand back into a tub. “It's too dry!”
 
Kagome sighed. “I knew it…”
 
Sango's eyes narrowed as she glared Inuyasha down. “Don't listen to him, Kagome-chan. We think it's great, don't we Miroku?”
 
Miroku nodded while he swallowed the food that was in his mouth. “It's as good as always, Kagome-san.”
 
Kagome smiled, and then narrowed her eyes towards Inuyasha. She knew why he was complaining…and she had brought what he wanted too. `Why do I always bring it with me? I should just make him eat what everyone else has to eat.'
 
“The ramen is in my bag if you want it Inuyasha.” The young miko sighed as she bit into her rice cake, which she came to realize was as good as they always were. “I'll start a fire so we can boil water for the noodles.”
 
“Yeah! That's what I'm talking about!” Inuyasha dug into the yellow bag while Kagome left the mat and started on making a fire.
 
Sango shook her head sadly and looked over at Miroku, who watched the hanyou and miko while still stuffing his face, this time with omelet. “I'm surprised she never sat him.” She said to the monk.
 
Miroku nodded. “Kagome doesn't seem to mind Inuyasha's ignorance all that much anymore. I wonder how much anger she has built up inside her right now.”
 
`More than you two can imagine, Miroku.' Kagome thought her herself as she put the pot of bottled water over the fire. `I wish he'd appreciate me and all I do for him…he never seems to.' The young miko watched as Inuyasha reached out and held the pack of ramen up in her face, waiting for her to take it. `But I guess that's too much to ask.' She took the ramen.
 
“Inuyasha, you should eat what Kagome had cooked for us!” Shippo exclaimed as he moved from his lollypop to a large helping of an omelet. “She shouldn't' have to tend on you like you are a baby with picky eating habits!” that remark earned the small kitsune a bump on the head served by Inuyasha.
 
“Shut up!” the hanyou roared at the smaller youkai.
 
“Inuyasha…osuwari.” Kagome said flatly, she watched as the hanyou's face met the ground. “Shippo didn't deserve that.”
 
Inuyasha growled and looked up at the young miko; he never bothered to argue with her this time, the chances of him getting another face full of dirt was more that high that that point.
 
Kagome poured the boiled water into the container of ramen and handed it to Inuyasha. “Here, now eat.”
 
~*~
 
“Ah…that was a great meal.” Miroku lay back under a tree. “I'm ready for a good nap right about now.”
 
“Looks like Shippo beat you to it.” Kagome giggled a she watched the small kitsune sleep near her. She looked over at Inuyasha. “So did you enjoy your ramen after?” she watched as the hanyou moved his golden orbs over towards her.
 
“Feh.”
 
“Thought so.” Kagome sighed and stood up. “I'm going for a walk; I'll be back in a few minutes, okay guys?”
 
Sango nodded. “Take all the time you need.” She then glared over at Inuyasha hatefully.
 
When Kagome disappeared into the trees Inuyasha returned the hateful stare. “What was that for?!” he barked at the youkai slayer.
 
“Why can't you just give Kagome a break, Inuyasha?” Sango asked.
 
“Hai, she does a lot for you, and I never even hear you sat arigatou to her once.” Miroku joined in.
 
“Feh. She knows-” Inuyasha stopped and sniffed the air, his ears twitched. `Kikyo…' He cleared his throat. “I'm going for a walk too; don't even think about following me.” He too then disappeared into the trees.
 
Sango looked at Miroku. “Kikyo?”
 
“Yup.”
 
The girl sighed. “See…no respect or care for what Kagome does for him, none at all.”
 
 
“Baka, Inuyasha! I give and I give!” Kagome stomped through the trees angrily. “And he don't even thank me!” the miko crossed her arms and stopped walking. “I'm not bringing anymore ramen through the well until he at least starts to appreciate me A LITTLE!”
 
A noise from the trees caught Kagome's attention, she ventured further through the brush until she came to a little clearing. Kikyo was there…and so was Inuyasha. The young miko hit in the bushes and watched the two.
 
“Kikyo…are you here to stay with me this time?” Inuyasha asked the dead miko.
 
“Inuyasha, you know I'm not able to.” Kikyo said. “I am one of the dead…I cannot…” an evil look appeared in the miko's face. “I can only be truly alive again if I can get my whole soul into this body. Can you do that for me?”
 
Inuyasha looked stunned. “But…that means…Kagome will…”
 
“You care more for her than me?” Kikyo asked, looking a little taken back.
 
“Lie, lie. Kikyo I love you…and only you…” Inuyasha said as he grabbed the dead miko and embraced her. “We just need Kagome for the time being…and I know the others won't accept you to search for the jewel shards…”
 
Kagome gasped, making Inuyasha and Kikyo look her way. She stood, so that they could both see her. The look on Inuyasha's face was one of terror, it made Kagome sick. “OSUWARI!” she roared in anger.
 
Inuyasha's face hit the ground, dragging Kikyo down with him. On impact the miko's clay body smashed under the hanyou's body and turned to dust. Kagome watched as the rest of her soul traveled back to her…she then ran, yelling the command one last time as to make sure the hanyou never followed.
 
Tears ran down over Kagome's face as she raced through the trees. `What have I done? I…I destroyed her! I destroyed Kikyo!' she let out a wild cry as she jumped over a fallen tree. `He'll kill me now for sure! I can't…I can't go back…Inuyasha will never forgive me! All the respect I want from him is definitely not worth wishing for now! The only respect I'll get from him now is if he finds my cold dead body at the edge of a stream!'
 
Tree branches whipped at her bare legs and face and tore her uniform, but she never stopped, even when she felt the blood from her scratches start to tickle down her skin she kept going. She had to get as far away from Inuyasha as she possibly could.
 
`My smell…' Kagome thought with a sudden rush of horror. `He can chase my sent! He won't be long catching me!' Kagome stopped running and looked around, a small bog of mud was just too one side of where she was running.
 
The young miko jumped into the pond of mud, getting the brown substance all through her hair and all over her cloths and skin; the scratches on her legs stung, but at least Inuyasha couldn't smell her now. She then started running again, with no intention of stopping.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Kaori: Well that's it for chapter one. Let me know how you liked it! I got a really good feeling about this story! ^^ Ja ne!