InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dear Life, I Quit ❯ Comfort the Tears ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kaori: I have a very important question to ask you guys…but I'm waiting until the end of the chapter… so anyways, here's chapter 6!
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Dear Life, I Quit
 
Chapter 6 {Comfort the Tears}
 
 
Kagome blinked, the man in front of her gave her a kind smile. The young miko could feel a chill run up her back; it wasn't who she had hoped it would be...
 
“K-Kouga?” she stared the wolf youkai in the face without blinking, how the hell did he find her?!
 
“I see you're not with that mangy hanyou, Kagome.” Kouga sniffed the air and looked around. “Where is he anyway?” he then looked back at Kagome and grinned. “But I guess that doesn't matter, what really matters is that I can get some time alone with you.”
 
Kagome laughed nervously. “Kouga this is hardly the time, I'm kinda busy at the minute.” She took a couple steps away from the youkai. “How did you find me here anyway?”
 
“Oh, my wolves and I pass this place all the time on our way to the hunting ground.” Kouga said as he put his fingers up to his chin, grabbing it with his pointer finger and thumb. “I caught a whiff of your sent and came over here as quickly as I could, just to see if you're making out alright.” He eyed her shoulder; her uniform was still torn and had a bit of blood on it. “What happened there?”
 
“Nothing, nothing.” Kagome said edging away from him.
 
“No let me see.” Kouga grabbed Kagome by the arm and moved the collar of her uniform down over her shoulder, the bandage that was wrapped all around her shoulder and part of her arm was stained on both sides with blood. “Who did this to you?!”
 
“Nothing happened, Kouga.” Kagome said again, pushing his hands away from her. “It was an accident.”
 
“Accident my foot,” Kouga stood straight. “Tell me who did this to you Kagome, I'll hunt them down and rip them to shreds.”
 
Kagome's eyes trembled; she felt tears welling up in them. She then put her face into her hands and started to sob. Tusaka still hadn't returned, and just the thought of him being dead made her stomach tie into a knot.
 
“Nani? What's wrong?” Kouga asked her.
 
“You can't…” the miko answered him harshly. “He's probably already dead…” her shoulders shook with every sob she made.
 
“Good, it saves me the trouble of having to chase him down.” Kouga said, cracking his knuckles.
 
Kagome fell to her knees, she listened to Kouga who kept asking her what was wrong, but she didn't answer. `…he's gone…gone!' the miko thought as she started to tremble even more. `Oh Tusaka-kun…'
 
“Kagome what the hell is wrong with you?” Kouga asked as he knelt beside her.
 
“Haven't you been taught anything?” a voice said from behind. “Your not suppose to make a girl cry, baka.”
 
Kagome's head shot up, and her tears ceased. `That voice…' both Kouga and Kagome turned around to face the person who stood behind them.
 
“Tusaka-kun?” Kagome whimpered, she stood up and looked the youkai in the eyes. “Your…alive?”
 
Tusaka smiled. “It'll take more than a river to get rid of me.”
 
“Oh Tusaka-kun!” Kagome ran to him and fell to her knees at his feet, cuddling into his legs. “I thought you were dead! I thought…I thought…”
 
“Hey who the hell are you?” Kouga demanded, he pointed a finger at Tusaka. “Get away from my woman, cat!”
 
“Your woman?” Tusaka looked down at Kagome. “This must be Kouga, ne?” he looked up at the wolf youkai and smirked. “I don't see her clinging to your legs, wolf. Maybe you should check that accusation again and take another look.”
 
Kouga growled. “She is mine, cat! And I'm just warning you now, don't you dare harm her!” he pointed at Kagome, his hand now shaking. “I can tell that you are the one who is responsible for the wound on her shoulder…if you dare hurt her again I will destroy you.”
 
“I am responsible hai, but I did not do it.” Tusaka said calmly. “And if you think that I'm worried about you wolf, you can forget it. I could really care less about your threats. So why don't you just bug off and leave the poor girl alone.”
 
Kouga snarled, and then looked down at Kagome. “I'll be back for you someday Kagome. I promise you…one these days when you realize that the other hanyou and this mangy cat aren't worth your time, I'll be back for you…” he smiled, winked, and then ran off from the village.
 
“That guy is a real pain in the ass isn't he?” Tusaka asked as he looked down at Kagome.
 
Kagome's eyes welled with tears again as she stared up into Tusaka's green cat eyes, he was there…and he was alive. The young miko never felt so relieved in her entire life.
 
Tusaka knelt next to her and took her in his arms. “Hey, hey, don't cry.” He cooed softly into her ear as he rocked back and forth. “Come on, Kagome-sama. Don't cry on behalf of me, come on...shhh…” he couldn't help but smile when he looked her in the face her eyes were red and still filled with tears. “You really missed me that much?”
 
Kagome nodded and bowed her head, continuing her crying. `…I thought for sure I had lost you…'
 
Tusaka smiled and took Kagome's chin into his hand and made her look back up at him. “Gomen, I shouldn't have made you worry like that.” He wiped the tears off Kagome's face with the sleeve of his kimono and hugged her again. “It won't happen again I promise, Kagome-sama.”
 
Kagome nodded slowly, she knew that Tusaka's promises actually meant something. She knew she could trust him not to break it.
 
“So,” Tusaka sat back in the grass, keeping his arm around Kagome's shoulder. “What are you doing here in this village?”
 
Kagome sighed and started to tell him what Ishikibo had been telling her, her head all the time resting on his shoulder.
 
~*~*~*
 
Inuyasha stared into the fire that was on the ground before him, he jumped at every noise in the rocks around him and the others. “Dammit, of all the times for there to be no moon!” he slammed his fist down on a rock. “This is the last thing I need right now!”
 
“This is definitely altering our search for Kagome-sama,” Miroku said with a sigh. “But at least we know she wasn't caught up here when the mountain collapsed.”
 
“Thank goodness.” Sango commented from where she sat with Kirara and Shippo, whom were both asleep. “But where could she have gone after she left here?”
 
“There is a village down the valley, tomorrow if we follow the river we should get there within an hour or so.” Miroku said.
 
“But if she was there tonight she'd be moved on by then!” Inuyasha snarled. “Fuck! We are never going to catch up with her and that damn youkai that took her.”
 
“That's another thing; they are probably not even in the village.” Sango said. “A youkai with a captured human girl isn't going to stay in a village; it's not even a reasonable thought.”
 
“That means we are probably further behind that what we thought.” Inuyasha's eyes narrowed. “I'm starting to get real tired of this. Why the hell did she have to run off like that?!”
 
“Do we really have to answer that, Inuyasha?” Sango asked as she slurred her eyes at him.
 
Inuyasha sighed. `I don't know what I'll do if I can't fin her…even if she don't come back with me I just want to let her know that I'm sorry…and that what she heard wasn't meant. I just hope she isn't hurt…or even worse.'
 
“I think we should all get some sleep.” Sango said as she lay back. “We need our strength for tomorrow.”
 
The three lay down around the fire, but one of them never even closed his eyes. He was thinking of more important things than sleep, and besides, as a human he couldn't let his guard down.
 
~*~
 
Kagome watched Tusaka sleep at the other end of the hut; she herself was laid next to Chitata on a mattress made from goose feathers and straw. Tusaka had agreed gleefully to help her out to fend off the youkai when they attacked the village.
 
`I can always count on him…' she thought as she closed her eyes. `It feels so nice to know I can rely on someone.' It never took the miko long to get to sleep, but she was unaware of the watchful green orbs from the other end of the room, they never moved from her face.
 
`You deserve so much yet get so little…' Tusaka thought as he scanned Kagome's features. `I wish I could give you everything you deserve…but it's just not possible.'
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Kaori: OK! Time for my question. I am having a hard time trying to think of this, so I need EVERYONE who reviews to give me their votes. The largest vote obviously wins. How should the fic end? : With a Kagome/Tusaka ending or a Kagome/Inuyasha ending? Review and tell me what you think! ;)