InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dear Life, I Quit ❯ Lose You Tonight ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kaori: Gomen, I've been slackin' off on the story :'( I've had lots to do lately sooooo I couldn't get to this chapter until now. So, I know your all here to read chapter 8, so I won't keep you any longer! Just one more thing I wants to say: This is a song Chappie dedicated to all the deep down thoughts that are now going through Inuyasha's mind…actually that's what this chapter is going to be all about…Inuyasha…and his thoughts…enjoy!
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Dear Life, I Quit
 
Chapter 8 {Lose You Tonight}
 
 
Inuyasha sat himself on the roof of the hut that contained Kagome, Kirara, and the little crippler named Chitata. His ears twitched at the sounds coming from inside, most of which was Kagome crying and blubbering to Sango about his and Tusaka's fight earlier that day.
 
Inuyasha sighed as another agonizing cry escaped Kagome's mouth from inside the hut, the sounds he heard stabbed into his heart like a rusty sword, and every jab hurt him and made him want to throw up. His golden orbs stared up at the small moon that hung in the sky surrounded by stars, he felt his heart sink in his chest, and a lump formed in his throat.
 
Don't run away
Cuz I can't live without you
 
`She's out of my grasp now…' Inuyasha thought as he looked at his hands. `She's so close yet I can't get to her…she won't hear what I want to tell her.'
 
The hanyou sighed and lay back, closing his eyes. `Gomen, Kagome. I didn't want to hurt you like I did…I didn't want it to have to come to his…everything that's wrong with your life revolves around me…it always had been that way…I was just to blind to realize it.'
 
Another cry came from inside the hut, following by the breaking of a stone dish. Inuyasha's eyes slowly slid open to look at the moon once more as a sickly feeling rose in his stomach.
 
Please stay
And I'll learn to love you right
 
`I blew it Kagome and I know that now…if I could take it all back I could. If I could have saw what me visiting Kikyo was doing to you sooner I would have stopped it right then and there…I probably wouldn't have even had the conversation with her about takes your soul away…then we could have avoided all this.'
 
“Inuyasha is a baka…Kagome please don't cry…he's not worth your tears…” Inuyasha heard the young cripple girl say from inside the hut.
 
`The kid's right…I deserve to be sat until I reach the pits of hell…' Inuyasha slipped his hand around Tetsusaiga's handle. `If taking my own life would make you better I'd do it right now without hesitation, Kagome. Just knowing that it would bring you peace would be enough for me…'
 
“You're a baka, you know that right?” Inuyasha sat up to the sound of Tusaka's voice.
 
Cause I was waiting for you
Waiting for all my life
And I've been crying for you
Dying for you all this time
 
“What do you want, neko?” Inuyasha snarled halfheartedly.
 
“I noticed that you were reaching for your sword, bodily harm will not ease the pain for you more Kagome-sama.” Tusaka said from where he stood on the huts roof.
 
“I know that.” Inuyasha snapped, standing up. “What are you doing up here anyway?”
 
“I came to hear it straight from the horse's mouth,” Tusaka smirked. “Do you love her? Is all of her crying for no reason at all? What exactly do you feel about her?”
 
“How is this any of your concern?!” Inuyasha almost roared.
 
“It's my concern because I am not letting you near Kagome-sama if your intentions are to harm her again.” Tusaka's eyes narrowed. “I want to know if, when I leave, you will keep her safe and never hurt her like that again. If you cannot do that then you will never go near her again…I will not allow it.”
 
Cause I was waiting for you
Waiting for all my life
And I'm not gonna lose you tonight
 
Inuyasha growled at the youkai. “You have no right…”
 
“I have the right for I protected her more than what you ever did!” Tusaka yelled, drawing his sword. “Now TELL ME! Tell me what you wish to tell Kagome-sama! Tell me what is in store for her if she goes with you…”
 
The two men stood looking at each other silently for quite some time, both snarling to themselves. Inuyasha's fists were clenched together so hard that his knuckles had turned white, he liked this guy's nerves. “I don't want to hurt her anymore…”
 
“What you want and what you will do are two separate things, Inuyasha!” Tusaka bellowed. “Tell me what you ARE going to do!”
 
Rage built up inside of Inuyasha's body, Tusaka was testing his patience, and the hanyou was soon going to rip him apart. `I love her dammit…' he said to himself. “I love her!” he repeated out loud. “When she is upset my life falls into a pit of darkness, if she's hurt and on the verge of dying my life stands still in that moment of fear and anguish!” he grabbed Tusaka by the collar. “The love I feel for her is something you will never feel!”
 
Tusaka snarled and shoved Inuyasha on his back and pointed his sword at him. “Speaking such lies can get your tongue cut out hanyou.” He said, his eyes a whirl of sickening hatred. “I suggest you keep your mouth shut!”
 
Don't run away
I never wanted to hurt you
Please stay
And I'll learn to treat you right
 
The hut door opened below, and Kagome ran off. Inuyasha and Tusaka watched her as she ran along the river bank. “If you wish to tell her how you feel go to her now, baka.” Tusaka said helping the hanyou to his feet. “You want our chance here it is…but hurt her again and I will cut you down to size.”
 
Inuyasha nodded and jumped down off the roof and chased after the miko. “Kagome! Stop!” he yelled as he ran. “Kagome!”
 
Cause I was waiting for you
Waiting for all my life
And I've been crying for you
Dying for you all this time
Cause I was waiting for you
Waiting for all my life
And I'm not gonna lose you tonight
 
Kagome never stopped running; she never even looked back at him. `She's still scared…' he thought as he ran. `…Kagome's terrified of me…this is a fate worse than death…' Inuyasha sped up his pursuit of the miko, he had to catch her…he had to explain everything to her, even if she wasn't willing to listen to him!
 
`I'm not losing your heart to that neko youkai! I guess the bastard means no harm…but I'm not going to sit back and watch as he slowly takes you away from me!'
 
Cause I was waiting for you
Waiting for all my life, yeah
And I've been crying for you
Dying for you all this time, yeah
Cause I was waiting for you
Waiting for all my life
And I ain't gonna lose you tonight
 
He looked a head of Kagome, there was a large stone wall that blocked her way along the river, and by the way she kept running he never saw it. `I'll get her there…' he thought as he slowed his pace a little. `This is killing me…I can't believe she is so scared of me…I never saw her this scared since the first time we met…right before Kaede put the rosary beads around my neck…only her terror is much stronger now…'
 
Inuyasha frowned and moved his eyes to the ground. `…I have never been more ashamed in my life than what I am now.'
 
Cause I was waiting for you
Waiting for all my life, oh
And I've been crying for you
Dying for you all this time, yeah
Cause I was waiting for you
Waiting for all my life, yeah
And I ain't gonna lose you tonight
 
I was waiting for you
Waiting for all my life
I've been crying for you
Dying for you all this time
 
Inuyasha saw Kagome stop at the wall of rock, he stopped running and started to walk up to her, watching as she frantically tried to climb it without prevail. He saw her glance over her shoulder at him before turning back and looking at the wall, she seemed to be trembling.
 
“Kagome,” Inuyasha said as he approached her. “Dozo…I need to talk to you…” he stopped when he was about ten feet away from her, he watched her still figure as it still stood facing the rock. “Aren't you even going to look at me?”
 
I was waiting for you
Waiting for all my life
I've been crying for you
Dying for you all this time
 
Kagome turned around, her eyes wide with fear; but this time it wasn't fear of him, it was a fear of something else.
 
Inuyasha looked deep into her brown robs from where he stood, watching as more tears rolled down her cheeks. “Kagome what's wrong?”
 
“Inuyasha…” Kagome let out a sob, then Inuyasha smelled it, but it was too late. “Inuyasha run…” as the words left Kagome's mouth, the rock wall she was standing in front of exploded into the air, the after shock sending Inuyasha across the ground on his back.
 
I was waiting for you
Waiting for all my life
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Kaori: Oh, so close…he was THIS close to telling her everything and then…THAT happened! ;_; so it seems that he believes that he's gonna lose Kagome's heart to Tusaka, even though he has the feeling that Tusaka won't return that feeling…but why should an inu hanyou trust a neko youkai, right? ^^ stay tuned for chapter 9! {OH YEAH! Also, another songchappie will be coming soon…I just don't know when….JA NE!}