InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Death and Peace ❯ Chapter 4: Mission ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: Terribly sorry for the long delay in updates. Enjoy.

*Death and Peace*

By: Kage Otome (Shadow Maiden on Mediaminer)

Chapter 4: Mission


“So...”

Kagome cocked a brow up lazily opening her left eye, not in the least bit concerned that not only had she taken his chair, but was propping her boot clad feet on his table. Koenma twitched. This may not have been his office but it was his room, Sanzo and the others were a bad influence on her. He shook his head absently as he watched her eyes flutter close again. She must’ve been quite exhausted, playing the ‘whore’ always exhausted her for some reason. He knew it took a lot of effort for her to stay composed and ‘bimbo-like’. It took a real effort not to get extremely ticked off, either that or start laughing her ass off.

Her dark lashes laid gently against her milky skin, twin crescents of spun raven silk. Soft breaths fell from, lightly parted lips as she let exhaustion take it’s toll. A small tick of annoyance formed on Koenma’s forehead as he watched her doze off, completely oblivious to all those around her. The detectives stared at her slightly surprised. Koenma twitched. Again.

“KAGOME!”

Jumping up she instinctively fell into a defensive stance, eyes slightly bleary, blinking rapidly. Kagome growled at Koenma, mumbling something about annoying, troublesome, little toddlers that had very bad timing. Kagome bared her teeth playfully at the flushed prince, before jumping onto his bed. Ooh! Bouncy! Kagome grinned before flopping down and stretching languorously, much like a large cat. Yawning widely, she made herself comfortable, curling up against his pillows, once again reminding the detectives of a content and very sleepy kitten or puppy. Snuggling deeper into the pillows she let out a soft purr of contentment.

“Well, I guess we’re not going to get anything out of her.” Koenma mumbled crossly. ‘She’s sleeping on my bed.’ Koenma whined softly in his head. No he wasn’t bothered but, he was a tad tired and ready for his afternoon nap. What? He was a growing boy! Erm...Sort of. Koenma was tempted to jump on the bed, just to scare her. Sitting on the side of the bed, he poked her. Poke. Poke. Poke, poke. Po--ack! Kagome gripped his finger in her fist, eyes flashing dangerously.

“Poke me one more time and you won’t like the consequences.” Kagome growled. Koenma gulped softly. With that Kagome’s head fell to the pillow once more, fast asleep. ‘Scary.’

------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sanzo-ikkou who had for the past ten minutes been wondering around Reikai looking for Koenma after seeing the disaster zone that was his office and two beings, Botan and Jakotsu going at it in a Battle Royale decided it was safer to search elsewhere. Which brings them to outside of Koenma’s ‘bedroom’. Which brought Goku to the question, did he ever sleep? Sanzo whacked him. Kagome would have most assuredly whacked him back, too bad she wasn’t there. Without knocking they walked right into a sight they’d never forget.

A blushing toddler also known as Koenma was being coddled by a sleeping Kagome, much like a teddy bear. Don’t tell anyone, but Kagome often sleeps with a stuffed Penguin, she affectionately named Simon. If you don’t tell, She won’t pummel you till you feel like lumpy pulp from a freshly squeezed orange. Hakkai chuckled, she must’ve thought Koenma was Simon. She rarely sleeps without him.

‘She’s so cute.’ Hakkai thought absently, green eyes twinkling in mirth.

Gojyo and Goku resembled fish, before quickly smacking their hands over their mouths trying to prevent the laughter that wanted out. They were quickly turning red with the strain of holding it in. Sanzo didn’t know whether to be amused or angry. His girl was sleeping, cuddling another male, granted he was a toddler, however he was stopped from taking any action as Gojyo and Goku both burst out laughing startling Kagome into throwing Koenma, straight into the other laughing male, he hadn’t noticed before. A male dressed in green with black hair and brown eyes. His violet eyes narrowed in displeasure, having so many males around her.

Kagome blinked disoriented. Goku jumped onto the bed, bouncing around, before his gold eyes gleamed in delight.

“Ooh, Bouncy!” Goku proceeded to bounce on the bed, Kagome joined him a huge grin on her face, previous tiredness forgotten. “I know isn’t it!” Both broke into delighted laughter, still bouncing on his bed. Gojyo smirked before tackling them both, mostly Kagome. Landing on top of her he grinned before he was hit with Sanzo’s paper fan. Sanzo twitched. Kagome grinned, brushing a kiss against his lips before joining Goku on the bed for another session of “Who can bounce the highest without hitting the ceiling”.

“Kagome.” His voice came out smooth and cool. She pouted, but obediently jumped down to his side, Goku following. Gripping his hand lightly she looked up at him with doe eyes. He shook his head amused and kissed her gently, his warm lips caressed her moist, soft and very tempting ones. They broke the kiss hearing a groan from Koenma. Kagome blinked.

The Sazno-ikkou and Reikai Tantei looked at her. She blinked again, before a blush rose on her high cheeks.

“Oops. Did I do that?”

Goku chuckled. Sanzo hit him with his paper fan, starting a chain reaction, Kagome then whacked Sanzo with her hand, for hitting him, sending him tumbling into Hakkai, who lost his balance, hitting Gojyo, who tripped over a slightly rumpled rug. The three landed in a heap on the floor. Kagome and Goku gripped hands so tightly, they finally lost it falling against each other for support.

“Wahahahahahahahahahahaha!”

The Reikai Tantei, along with the now conscious Koenma sweat dropped.

How very odd.

------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------

“Sa nzo, Gojyo, Goku, Hakkai.” Koenma paused before continuing, “Yusuke, Kurama, Hiei, Kuwabara.” He paused once again. “This mission will be the most difficult you have ever faced. We’ve recently received a threat from a credible source that an unnamed ‘person’ and their ‘minions’ are planning on something big, involving the destruction of the barrier between the human and demon world. They have some secret weapon, our source is sure the secret weapon is one of the barrier guardians.”

“Guardians?”

“When the barrier was created two guardians were assigned to guard the barrier between the worlds, but we don’t know who.” Koenma said, frustration and real fear in his eyes.

“What about her?” Kuwabara asked pointing at the silent and serious Kagome.

“I’m Enma’s detective.” Kagome replied, her voice cold now.

“You know who the guardian’s are, don’t you?” Hakkai asked.

Her eyes turned to him, serious and guarded. Looking towards Koenma, she caught his nod, he had approval from his father, to entrust the detectives with the truth. Fine. She’d tell them.

“There are three guardians, one for each world. Sesshoumaru, Guardian of the Makai, Tai Guardian of the Reikai, and Myself, Guardian of the Ningenkai.”

“How are you a Guardian?” Kurama inquired.

“I was chosen by Sesshoumaru and Tai as the Ningenkai Guardian when I turned 13. My power was out of control and I needed an outlet to release excess power. “ Kagome murmured, eyes darkening with betrayal.

“Your the source.” Sanzo stated. Kagome nodded.

“Who is the Guardian that is this dude’s secret weapon?” Yusuke asked.

“Tai.” Kagome said, her voice soft.

“How do we know it’s not you?” Hiei asked, for once speaking looking her directly in the eye.

“I wouldn’t dare betray the Reikai, not again.” Kagome mumbled, eyes flashing with something deeper then pain, something like understanding, something like hate, something like love.

“Again?” Goku asked surprised.

“She had once betrayed Reikai, allowing one to slip through her fingers, on purpose. He is one of this ‘mystery villan’s’ minions now.”

“Why would you do that!” Yusuke asked outraged.

She lifted her face up, her eyes fierce and torn. “Love makes you do stupid things.” She snarled, before clenching her jaw, controlling her temper. She looked away.

It was silent for a moment.

“How can we trust you?”

This time she laughed, bitterly.

“This time, I have more than my own life to worry about.”

“Huh?”

“What she means is others are at risk if she betrays Reikai, she won’t take that chance because she cares about them.” Kurama filled in.

“Who?” Gojyo asked.

“You know who.”

“So what do you purpose we do about this?” Kurama asked.

“They are well organized and powerful, a frontal attack will never work, and they won’t be surprised easily. The truth is, I don’t know what to do.” Kagome said softly.

“You don’t know or you won’t tell us?” Sanzo asked seriously.

Her eyes flashed.

“I don’t know.”

---------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------------------

She stormed out of Koenma’s room, out of the Reikai, straight to Sesshoumaru. He knew, all about Tai’s betrayal. But what he couldn’t figure out was why he would do such a thing. Kagome came storming to their little ‘realm’ in this realm you had view of the moon and sun at the same time, of the planets, of stars, clouds, of the balance of things, of land and sea.

“Kagome?”

“Sanzo questioned my loyalty!” Kagome paused before sighing “They have a right to believe me a traitor.” She hung her head.

“You loved him. How could they expect you to kill him?”

“It would’ve been for the better!”

“Would it?” Sesshoumaru questioned his silver hair swirling around him.

“I can’t. I loved him. What if, when it comes to the time, I can’t kill him?”

“You will do what’s right.”

“How will I know it’s right?”

“You’ll know.”

----------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
A/n: Okay, the actual plot comes to light, sort of. Hope you enjoyed it! Please Review!