InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Deceiving Appearance ❯ True Self ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I got the idea for this chapter after seeing for the first time episode 50, yes I admit it, I've only seen 50 episodes of InuYasha it bites big time so I don't know if all things in this story are true in fact so I'm just hoping they are. I messed up on the looking age of Akiko she looked mid to late twenties.

Deceiving Appearances by Firebird Phoenix

Chapter 3: True Self

InuYasha stared at Kagome with the unmistakable art of confusion painted on his face, an awkward silence bathed Kagome and InuYasha, before Kagome could blink InuYasha was face to face with her staring deep into Kagome's eyes.

'Are you Kagome? You sort of look like Kagome and smell like her but it's mixed with the sent of the lions, and why do I only see emptiness in her eyes. Wait a minuet, demons can't change peoples appearance so drastically this has to be one of Naraku's tricks.' InuYasha became angry that Naraku would think he would fall for such a simple trick. InuYasha grabbed Kagome's arms holding them so tightly they began to bruise.

"What have you done with Kagome?" InuYasha Demanded, Kagome began to struggle but InuYasha's grip only tightened a blue orb formed in her hand and she blew InuYasha away from her.

'I don't get it, in my dream he dispelled the darkness like he is someone close to me but here he attacks me?' This puzzled Kagome perhaps she was wrong about this boy and perhaps the others in her dream weren't her friends.

"Iron Revere." The blades headed for Kagome she jumped but the blades hit her side tarring her cloths before Kagome could land InuYasha was in the air taking a big gash out of Kagome's side. Kagome landed and held her side, she couldn't stop the blood from pouring out if she didn't do something soon she would be in big trouble. The others joined InuYasha and were perplexed by the sight before them.

"InuYasha what's going on?" asked Sango

"Naraku sent this imposter to fool us into a trap." InuYasha spat his sense of reasoning dulled by rage.

"InuYasha, it makes no sense for Naraku to send such an obvious trap, what would he have to gain by this." Miroku tried to reason with InuYasha to stop him from killing who ever this is, if it was one of Naraku's tricks then perhaps she could lead them to the real Kagome, but it was too late InuYasha was already in the air ready to strike down this imposter.

Kagome stood frozen unable to move she didn't know what to do this maniac who she thought was her friend was trying to kill her because he thought she worked for someone named Naraku, going on impulse and instinct.

"SIT!" Kagome ordered and sure enough, InuYasha was slammed to ground, taking this opportunity Kagome started to back into the woods Miroku and Sango started to slowly approach her.

'I'm not going to be fooled again, I'm getting out of here before they try to attack me again.' Thought Kagome she ran into the woods, as fast as she could but it wasn't fast enough, 'Those people will soon catch up with me.' Kagome thought, she started to become vary frightened and started to panic. With out Kagome's realization she began to pulse, her hair turned black and her eyes brown, her slender pointed ears turned round and larger like a human's ear, and her tail vanished. Kagome continued to walk threw the forest without any knowledge she changed form

"Where did she go?" asked Sango, they noticed a blood handprint on a tree and picked up speed. Kagome continued to run threw the forest she was losing so much blood her skirt and shirt was soaked in it. Kagome began to grow paler by the minuet she was so cold and tired but she willed herself to go on she stumbled over a root and fell.

'I have to keep moving, I need to get up come on body don't give up on me now.' But Kagome's body wouldn't lesson, "Akiko, Mori help me please." Kagome begged hoping in someway that she could be heard.

Akiko and Mori stood under a tree gathering food when suddenly Akiko dropped her basket and gasped with horror.

"Kagome's in danger." See threw wings appeared on Akiko back she and Mori took off into the air heading towards Kagome. 'I'm coming Kagome just hold on a little longer.' Akiko closed her eyes and let her heart guide her to Kagome.

Sango and Miroku and just found Kagome lying there soaked in blood, at first they did know what too do they were following a demon with the same injury but they find Kagome lying here with no sign of the demon.

"Oh my god Miroku, I know what happened!" Sango yelled her face and eyes paced with horror; InuYasha had just arrived behind them. "Sango, what was that thing?" InuYasha questioned.

"That isn't a demon but Kagome." Sango voice filled with horror.

"WHAT!" InuYasha and Miroku said in unison.

"I have heard of demons that cast spells on humans too make then look like demons to everyone around them." InuYasha face went blank, in his eyes you could see the shock of what he had done, he attacked and nearly kill Kagome the vary person who stood by him, never passing judgement upon him, giving him her friendship and love.

"GET AWAY FROM HER!" a voice, yelled from above, Akiko and Mori threw blue orbs at the gang, forcing them to leave Kagomes' side.

"That must be the demon the cast the spell on Kagome." Said Miroku; InuYasha cracked his fingers getting ready to attack Akiko and Mori.

"I did not cast a spell upon Kagome, I merrily awakened what was already there, and you know not of what Kagome truly is and of her power I have known Kagome long before any of you who are you to say I would cast a spell upon her?" Akiko was angry that these humans and demon would accuser her of such a thing.

"Look Lady I don't know who you are, but I know that Kagome would never associate with the likes of you." InuYasha spat,

"Now that you have seen what Kagome truly is I know you'll abandoned her just because she's different, I'm glad Kagome has lost her memories and I hope she never remembers you!" Akiko yelled she was furious, this Demon knew nothing of the hardships she went threw so Kagome could have some sort of normal life and hide from her enemies.

"Akiko, we have to get Kagome back to the tribe now, she's lost a lot of blood if we don't do something soon she might die." Mori warned, he understood Akikos' rage he was there threw it all but there were things that are more important then her painful memories.

"Sorry I got carried away." An orb formed in Akikos' hand, "This should be enough to be rid of you all, I won't let any of you hurt Kagome." The gang couldn't attack for fear of hurting Kagome, but they wont leave Kagome either; their fate was in Akikos' hands now.

"Wait." Said Kagome weakly, "Don't hurt them." she continued. Akiko stopped for a moment with a frustrated look on her face, Akiko crashed the orb into the ground imprisoning our hero's in a dome of ice.

"Let's go Mori." With Kagome safely on Mori's back, they flew off back to the cave, just passing the treetops a fox demon stepped out of the bushes.

"Kagome! Give me back my mama!" Akiko looked back at the fox child his face was so full of hurt it broke Akikos' heart.

Flashback:

Akiko flew away from a small human child her heart braking and face wet with tears but she flew on knowing it was best.

"Don't leave me!" the child screamed to Akiko. "Come back mama!" But Akiko didn't waver she flew into the distance, to live a life of distance from the little girl never to participate only watch from the sidelines.

"I am sorry, my daughter."

End flashback:

Shippo turned into his pink ball and flew after them he wouldn't let them out of his sight he feared that if he did he would never see Kagome again. Akiko took Kagome into the back of the cave placing her in her bed Akiko held out her hand and a blue orb formed shinning brightly she put the orb on Kagomes' wound. The orb melted on the wound coating it in a blue light, the coating continued to shine, slowly absorbing it's self to Kagomes' body finely after being completely absorbed, Kagome wound was gone and showed no sign ever being there. Kagome began to wake up she looked around then at Akiko.

"What happened to the people who attacked me?" Kagomes' worry for her friends shocked Akiko.

'Even with her memory lost and InuYasha attacking her she still worried about them. I guess even with her lost memory theirs is a friendship that can never be broken.' Thought Akiko, "Their fine Kagome, you should rest too regain your strength, not even my orbs can replenish that." Akiko chuckled; Kagome nodded and fell asleep. Akiko walked out of the cave quietly she sat next to the river where she a Kagome had been practicing her powers, Akiko sat quietly looking ashamed of her self.

"What's wrong Akiko?" Mori surprised her making her jump, Akiko looked like she was ready too cry, Mori sat next to her rapping his tail over her shoulder.

"I was just thinking of what I have become." Said Akiko wiping away tears

"And what is that?" asked Mori

"I didn't want Kagome to remember her friends, I tried to kill them, what would Kagomes' father think of me now?" asked Akiko. Mori looked sorrowfully at Akiko, she never mentioned Kagomes' father or anything about her life back then, he and the lions met Akiko just after Kagome was born none of them had any idea who Kagomes' father was, actually there was one who would know, Malachi. Shortly after Kagome was born, Akiko asked Malachi too go find a human child, her son and protect him.

"Do you think Kagomes' father will hate you?" Mori asked, he would never understand how anyone would ever hate someone like Akiko she was so kind and gentle, she would only fight if she had no other choice.

"He was honorable and kind I guess that's what drew me too him. But when I met him, a demon exterminator was chasing me, I was hiding in the form of a human at the time and had lost the exterminator but he was still hot on my trail and any wrong move would bring him out. If it were any other exterminator I would have told Kagomes' father who I am regardless if the exterminator found our or not but, this exterminator was ruthless and would have killed Kagomes' father just for knowing me. So I was careful and started to have a happy life we were married and had a son, Peter, but sadly A powerful demon came too town killed the exterminator and started to devour the souls of the town's people. I created a copy of myself, it was a weak copy and would only last a few days a week at most, then went off to fight the demon. It was a grueling battle it lasted for nearly two days, finely on my last ounce of strength, I created an orb to destroy the demon but something went wrong, it destroyed the demon but it also froze me. I was frozen for fifteen years I was only awoken by the cries for help of my son and husband, they were being attacked by humans, mercenaries looking for I don't know what, not long after I found out that when I was frozen I was pregnant with Kagome. Only because of her angel blood did she survive, but when she was born, she was weak and all mater of demon pursued her for the sacred jewel in her. I was able too hold them off for a while but when she was five, a whole demon army attacked, we were able to get away but Kagome was nearly killed. That's when I knew it was too dangerous for her too be with me, so I hid her as a human and left her with a human family, that was the hardest thing I ever had to do." Akiko cried as she retold the tale of her life before the lions.

"That's why you hate demons so much." Mori understood now her hatred of demons

"But not all demons are bad, look at that fox demon he seemed to care a great deal for Kagome." Akiko had this one look on demons all are evil but he knew not all of them are.

"What about that InuYasha one he tried to kill Kagome." Said Akiko

"I think it was an accident, I seen the look on his face when he found out that it was Kagome and not an imposter." Mori tried to reason with Akiko he believed that she didn't really feel that way about all demons but needed too be shown the difference. Akiko didn't have a response for Mori's statement she knew he was right but didn't want too addmit it.

"You know Akiko, it's easier to hate something because of some great wrong it did to you then forgive it." A twig snapped behind Akiko and Mori someone was watching them, Akiko drew her sword, a magnificent sword sun gleaned off its blade as Akiko held its white and gold handle. Mori jumped into the bushes and Akiko followed but she stopped after clearing the bushes and dropped her sword in shock.

End Chapter:

Kagome has changed back into her human form and InuYasha and the gang know of what she is, what will happen next will Akiko be right in her assumption of InuYasha and the gang or will they prove her wrong and except Kagome for what she is? Stay tuned for the next chapter in Deceiving Appearance.