InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Deceiving Appearance ❯ Life is never fair ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Hanten- half human half angel
 
Deceiving Appearance by Firebird Phoenix
 
Chapter 4: Life is never fair
 
 
 
Akiko stared at the woman before her, her face held no emotion but her eyes showed sadness and pain. The new comer stood before Akiko, identical in face and body the only difference inher doppelganger had black eyes and fiery red hair pulled back behind her pointed ears. She also had translucent black bat wings on her back and a black slender tail with a triangle on the end. A large black wolf with black wings stood next to the new comer. The new comer shifted her weight,bringing Akiko out of her trance as she reached back for her sword and held it defensively.
 
“What do you want Yumiko?” demanded Akiko, the new comer smiled she wore not to tight black two piece shorts outfit with tall wine red boots and a matching red coat reaching just past her knees a black Katana in its sheath attached to herback.
 
“Really Akiko, is this anyway to greet your twin?” asked the new comer with a smirk.
 
“Hmm,” Akiko scuffed, “It is when you try to kill my child Yumiko.” Akiko replied not budging her sword
 
“I was merely trying to awaken the child's true-self, where is the harm in that?” Yumiko asked
 
“It wasn't your place to make the choice for her!” yelled Akiko
 
“And what choice did you leave her? Abandoning her among humans.” Said Yumiko with disgust, a rage no manner of words could describe filled Akiko she had sacrificed everything for her child.
 
“HOW DARE YOU!” screamed Akiko “I gave her the only chance she had, if I hadn't left her with the humans she would be dead by now!” the air began to grow cold snowflakes started to fall.
 
“Are you getting angry Akiko?” Yumiko asked in a playful tone that made Akiko's blood boil, the snow started to fall heavier with every passing second.
 
“Answer me this Yumiko. Why did you send your wolves for Kagome?” Akiko demanded, the full moons rays gleaming into the woods madeAkiko's sword seem to glow with an unearthly light.
 
“I didn't send them to collect Kagome, you know as well as I, that my wolves' fire orbs could never kill Kagome. I know for a fact that if my wolves had been able to take Kagome you would have intervened and awakened her true self. I hadn't planed on the Hanyou trying to protect Kagome or her pushing him out of the way.” Tears flowing down Yumiko's cheeks, Akiko relaxed and put away her sword looking rather ashamed of her self.
 
“Kagome loves InuYasha, of course she would push him out of the way, she even protected him when she didn't remember him.” Akiko scuffed a laugh and looked up into the sky with teary eyes
 
“I suppose in a way she never really forgot him or any of the friends I encountered.” Akiko smiled back at Yumiko.
 
“Dose she know?” Yumiko asked
 
“No, Kagome doesn't know I'm her mother, but she should.” Akiko sighed, “I was ready to kill you Yumiko. What dose the say about me?” Akiko pleaded for an answer with her eyes.
 
“It says you're a mother, trying to protect her child and nothing more.” Said Yumiko walking up to Akiko and putting her arm around her and in turn Akiko put her arm around Yumiko's shoulder and they walked out of the wood as sisters.
 
*~~~*
 
Dream:
 
Kagome stood alone under the God tree at the Higurashi shrine; everything had a strange blue tint to it, infront of the main house stood three people, a woman with white hair and a wine red coat back was turned to Kagome an elderly man and a young woman. Next to the woman in red was a young girl that looked just like Kagome.
 
“Mommy can I go play.” The younger Kagome asked the woman in red, looking down at her and nodded yes. Kagome wanted to follow the little girl but stayed for some unknown reason.
 
“Please take care of her, she has many enemies because of me and the jewel inside her.” Akikopleaded trying to hold back tears
 
“Of course Akiko, I will raise her like my own.” Said the young woman and the elderly man nodded in agreement.
 
“Thank you.” sniffing Akiko turned to walk away leave the child, tears flowing like rivers down her cheeks, suddenly little Kagome started to call to her.
 
“Mommy wait for me.” Translucent wings grew out of Akiko's back and she took off into the air with little Kagome calling after her.
 
“Where are you going Mommy? Come back!” Little Kagome yelled running after her mother. “Don't leave me Mommy!” Little Kagome yelled to her mother but she continued on. Kagome was now crying, Kagome could see in Akiko's eyes that she left her for her own good but that didn't make it hurt any less. Suddenly Kagome was rushed to a cliff over looking the sea with Akiko sitting on the vary edge holding her knee's crying, Mori walked up to her.
 
“I should throw myself over the edge for what I've done.” Sobbed Akiko,
 
“No Akiko, someday you will be able to go back to your daughter.” Said Mori trying in some way to make her feel better
 
“Yes but will she want me after what I've done?” Akiko asked and Mori didn't answer he merely cuddled up to her.
Again Kagome was rushed ahead this time to a branch in the God tree looking down at a younger Kagome and the Higurashi family they were all laughing and having a wonderful day but Akiko was crying.
 
“No Mori, I won't tell her,” said Akiko “Her life is so happy and peaceful I won't mess it up by telling her the truth.”Akiko looking down and the tears flow freely.
 
Kagome was rushed ahead again this time to the past to where she met InuYasha and freed him from the God tree, then followed and watched the trials she and InuYasha faced, and the meeting of Shippo, Miroku, Sango, and even Naraku and all their other enemies.
 
Then Kagome was in darkness no light anywhere; she collapsed crying taking it all in, Kagome stayed in the darkness for what seems like forever until a small light started to pulse. The light started to grow bigger and bigger until it took up all the darkness, Kagome found herself in a small room with a crib, stuffed toys and a rocker. Where a young woman was holding her baby singing softly to her, Kagome watched as she got up and put the baby to bed. Then suddenly looked right at Kagome and smiled.
 
End Dream:
 
“I remember.” Kagome gasped as a single tear slid down her face,looking in one of the mirrors Kagome noticed she was back to her old self white hair, pointed ears, and blue eyes. She had to find Akiko; Kagome began to search the grounds to find her as she walked by the stream a familiar voice called to her.
 
“Kagome, Kagome?” suddenly a tan hairball jumped into Kagome's arms and nestled it's self in her.
 
“I missed you so mush Kagome. I don't care if this is what you really look like I just want to with me.” Cried the young Shippo
 
“Oh Shippo I missed you too so much.” Kagome cried as well, but continued to look for Akiko, on her way Kagome told Shippo everything about Akiko the lions all of it, Shippo was awe struck. Kagome finally found Akiko talking with someone by the river. Kagome couldn't move, she willed herself to movebut was paralyzed Akiko and the new woman looked at Kagome, Kagome started to cry.
 
“Mom?” Kagome managed to choke out Akiko began to cry as Kagome ran toward her running strait into Akiko's open armsAkiko's wingswrapped themselves around Kagome.
 
“I thought you were dead when you never came back for me.”Kagome sobbed in her mother's embrace.
 
“I'm so sorry Kagome, but when I didcome back for you, you looked so happy and I didn't want to ruin that.” Akiko cried,
 
Kagome looked into her mother's eyes, “I would rather be with you instead of living a fake life.” Akiko wiped away Kagome's tears, but suddenly looked back at the woods.
 
“Someone's coming.” Both Akiko and Yumiko unsheathed their swords ready to fight off any attacker.
 
“Brings back memories huh Akiko?” said Yumiko and Akiko smiled at the thought of them fighting side by side again. A tornado came at Akiko and Yumiko both dodged it, a young wolf demon came out of the Tornado.
 
“Koga?” said the amazed Kagome she had forgotten all about him literally, “What are you doing here?” asked Kagome.
 
“Why I'm here to…” said Koga turning to see her for the first time sense her transformation, “Wow?!” said the amazed Koga. “You were beautiful before Kagome, but now you're gorgeous.” Kagome blushed; Koga took her hand in his.
 
“What happened to you Kagome?” Koga asked.
 
“Well…This is what I really look like Koga.” Kagome stated
 
“You're a demon like me?” asked Koga.
 
“She's a hanten, half human half angel,” said Akiko crossing her arm her and Yumiko eyed up Koga to make sure he wouldn't do anything.
 
“You're an angel Kagome!” Koga nearly screamed, “But you don't look like a Hanten.” Koga said Kagome looked more like a full-blooded angel then a half.
 
“Well….” Kagome looked to Akiko for answers she was still new at this and didn't under stand it really herself.
 
“Because she was born with the Shikon Jewel inside her she looks more like afull Angel rather then half.”Akiko stated proudly, Koga put his arm over Kagome's shoulder and now she wish for InuYasha's protectiveness.
 
“Get your hand off her.” growled InuYasha coming from the wood behind Akiko and Yumiko, InuYasha smacked Koga right in the face,causing him to stumble back.
 
“What do you think you're doing mutt-face?” Koga growled getting back up, InuYasha stood protectively infront of Kagome he hadn't even noticed her new appearance.
 
“Saving her from you, what does it look like?” InuYasha spat back with a smirk on his face, Koga growled.
 
“Why you!” Koga leaped into the air to strike InuYasha who stood his ground and wouldn't leave Kagome's side.
 
“Stop this nonsense now!” Kagome yelled, a cold wind blew and light snow started to fall. InuYasha looked back at Kagome, they had fought many times before but this time was different the cold power emanating from her was frightening. With a look of determination painted on his face InuYasha jumped infront of Akiko.
 
“Take your spell off Kagome now!” InuYasha demanded, Akiko rolled her eyes
 
“InuYasha we need to talk.” said Kagome quietly; InuYasha looked back at Kagome, confused. InuYasha followed Kagome as she walked back along the river when they were far from the other InuYasha stepped infront of Kagome.
 
“What's going on here Kagome?” InuYasha'sgolden eyespierced into Kagomesblue ones.
 
 
 
End Chapter:
 
What do you all think of my new chapter? I didn't want it to be Shippo who came out of the wood that would have been to obvious I had thought of InuYasha but it was still to obvious so I settled on Yumiko because no one would expect it. Anyway please review.