InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ December's Promise ❯ When Promises Are made ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
December's Promise: When promises are made


By Shadowpoet


A/n: heheh...final chappie


------------
Kagome's pov


I need to die in order to save them. But why? I got up and went to get breakfast. Inuyasha met me halfway and told me to rethink of going back to school.


"It's too dangerous. Besides, it would be better if you stayed here." he persisted. "Who knows if you're going to be next."


I'm to never leave the ones I love behind. As I looked into Inuyasha's golden eyes I realized that the angel wanted me to kill them. I wouldn't be alone, and I wouldn't have to leave them behind. The sun hadn't set yet. His eyes really said everything than just his words.


"You're right." I said. He stayed with me to watch for any event. I felt safe, and yet there was something wrong. Why is it that I have this strange urge of doing something and I'm not? What is it?


"You look lost." Inuyasha sighed. He looked up at the darkening sky."What's on your mind?"


"Nothing really." I lied. I should tell him though. I've been making him worry for so long."It's because of what that phantom said."


"You should report what you experienced and let the proffesionals take it from there." he said. Once the sky got darker lights of the houses below lit up he turned to me." Then you can come back to the feudal era with me."


That sounded nice. Go back to the feudal era and look for Naraku again. Then collect the jewel shards. But I know there's something here that I'm missing.


"I'll stop going to school. I won't go tomorrow."


"Ya right!" Inuyasha exclaimed." It's the weekend!"


"You know what I mean." I smiled. "Next week I won't go."


-end pov-


Inuyasha calmed down and continued to sit next to her. He felt her warmed next to him in the cold season's night. There was once again silence between them. Inuyasha sighed as if he didn't know what else to say to her.


Watching your eyes beneath the foggy sky


You smiled outside, but inside cried


Kagome was happy that Inuyasha was beside her. Watching the day end. Watching her last breath on earth. She recalls Inuyasha's promise. That he might be a human instead of a full demon. The thought of him not being able to kill their friends made her smile. But when she realized that she might not even be there to see the outcome she frowned.


He's watching me


He crys for me


Inuyasha saw this and brought it up. She said that it was nothing and that maybe she should take a walk outside. As she got up to get ready for a walk, Inuyasha knew that something was up. He planned to follow her. Kagome had been strange with her dreams, phantoms, and gone friends.


Please don't forget me when I'm gone


Long, lost forgotten


Kagome walked onto a bridge leading to the alley she had once seen the policeman. Inuyasha silently followed her through the rooftops of the busy city. Night had finally fallen. It only made the weather even colder than before. As she continued, thoughts were going around her head.


Souless creature amongst society


Soon she found herself on the top of a building. Kagome looks down at the people below. It began to snow a little. She looks up at the falling snow and wonders:What the hell is she doing?


"Kagome!"


I remember your eyes


"Inuyasha." she whispers. They stand far from each other. Each one wondering who was going to move first. Once Kagome took a step backwards and closer to the edge, Inuyasha immediately knew that something was wrong.


Before your demise


"What are you doing Kagome?" Inuyasha inched closer. He began to wonder how Kagome even got up. Kagome extends her hand to him. As if she was trying to reach for him but couldn't. Inuyasha was about to move closer to her, but she moved back again.


We stood beneath the rain


Why it always ends here, I cannot explain


"I understand now, what I have to do." Kagome told him.


"Okay. Then get back here!" Inuyasha indicated a spot far from the edge. He watched closely to see if she was taken possession. But all he could sense, was the usual Kagome.


Watching your eyes beneath the foggy sky


You smiled outside, but inside cried


"What is it that you do not understand?" Kagome asked.


"Why you're acting so stupid right now." Inuyasha angrily replied.


Tears mingle with the water


"I have to die."


Pale white skin, cold, untouched


"No you don't!"


"In order to save the others."


Unheard voices call too much


Inuyasha didn't dare to move in fear of her death. He quickly ran up to her and pulled her to him.


Invisible tears run down


I placed my hand on your unstill frown


"You don't understand." Kagome repeated.


Why does it end this way?


Where is the lightened ray?


"I don't know what's making you think or act so strange." Inuyasha hugged her."Whatever it is, it's only making me worry."


"It's nothing."


Light


It doesn't appear


Save us from this pain


Wake us up from this dream


This is all what it doesn't seem


"Why are you lying to me?" he held on.


"Because all your tries are pointless." Kagome's body felt lighter.


Lying beside your fallen body


Your eyes are starry


Inuyasha wanted to secretly jump off this roof and go back to her house. He felt that he couldn't do it though. Kagome was slipping away from him and he didn't know what was really going on. The night sky was soon to turn into light.


They're lighting up my darkened life


I drop my knife


Kagome pushes him away. Inuyasha then falls to the floor with the infamous command. She says it only once putting silence between them again. He struggles to get up, but she only repeats the word.


Falling to my knees I look at the rain


Kagome then backs away. With every effort Inuyasha makes to get up she only repeats the word.


Falling water on my face


"Kagome!" Inuyasha pushes from the ground. "I love you!"


It clears my tears with grace


The sunrise begins to come up.


He's watching me


"Kagome! What the hell is wrong with you!"


He crys for me


"Nothing...Inuyasha." Kagome's eyes tear up.


As I stare back at him


-Kagome pov-


The rain only continues his cry


I had to go off. I don't know why. Still, I know he is crying. when the snowflake comes down. The one that passed by his face, I feel his tear.


Then my tears mix with his


And as I fall into the air. I felt the wind beneath my fingers like the first time I fell into the well. The first time I met Sango...Miroku...Shippo...and Inuyasha.


Crimson liquid on the floor


Makes a path to me and more


I ran my fingers over her


Warm blood that was once hers


What am I doing!


-end pov-


As I wish that I was back in bed


-Inuyasha pov-


I'm still with held by this damned necklace. No! She's gonna jump off! Kagome! Why do you even want to die so badly?


"Kagome! Don't do it!" I pleaded. She stopped. Maybe I finally got through to her. She stood by the edge. Second thoughts!


"Ka---" I began again. There was someone behind her. She was in purple and was watching Kagome's hesitation. I know I couldn't save her at this point.


The woman smiled as the sun rose. The light finally came upon this dark night. I know what she's gonna do to Kagome! I guess she figured that I'd know her objective so she did it anyway. I watched as the "phantom" pushed her off.


The light's beauty struck Kagome's enlightened face. And as I watched her fall into the ground, I saw my fallen angel try to fly, but lose her wings.


I find out that I am already dead


--end--