InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Demon Child {sequel to Love Knows No Bounds} ❯ Root of the Problem ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Demon Child
By: Mihayle Shadow
Disclaimer: This is the sequel to Love Knows No Bounds which was my first story. If you liked the first one you will like this one even more. {I hope!} This story is set three years after Love Knows No Bounds and there is a new addition to the cast! His name is Akuma, which means Devil in Japanese, and he is the son of Sesshomaru and Sharla! As you will find out he lives up to his name. As stated in the disclaimer in my first story I do not own Inuyasha!
Chapter1: Trouble Abounds!!!
“This is really starting to piss me off.” thought Sharla, “This is the third time this week.”
 
Sharla was hidden from the demon horse by only a three foot wide tree trunk. Her demon sword had reverted to its katana form for some unknown reason and she was too far away to attack with her claws
 
“What the hell is wrong with my sword and how the hell did that damn demon get through the barrier?” Sharla asked herself.
 
Sharla carefully looked around the tree trunk and then pulled back. The demon horse was closer, but it wasn't close enough. It had been three years since she'd married Sesshomaru. The first years had been spent getting settled into Sesshomaru's fortress and attending meetings with other high ranking demon lords. The second year she'd given birth to a son, now two years old. The barrier around Sesshomaru's fortress had stood for three years, at least that's how long she'd been there, but now it had begun to fail.
 
Sharla looked around the tree again and swore, “Shit!! Now where is it?!”
 
The demon horse was nowhere in sight. Sharla wasted no time and bolted away from the tree.
 
WHOOOSHH!!!
 
A fireball struck the tree she'd been hiding behind and engulfed it in flames. Sharla dropped her sword, leapt into the air, and landed on the demon horse's back knocking it down. Sharla placed her hands on the demon horse's neck.
 
“Claws of Death!!!” yelled Sharla bringing her hands together and severing the demon horse's head.
 
Leaping off the corpse, Sharla retrieved her sword and put it back in its sheath. Just then Sesshomaru came around a tree and Sharla turned on him viciously.
 
“Where the hell have you been jackass?! I could have used your help a few minutes ago!” yelled Sharla.
 
“I…uh…” said Sesshomaru.
 
“Never mind!!” said Sharla, “Let's go home!!!”
 
Sesshomaru knew better than to argue with her and followed her back to the palace. When they got to the royal garden they found Jaken buried in the dirt with only his head sticking out.
 
“What the hell?” said Sesshomaru starting to dig Jaken out.
 
Sharla left him behind to finish digging Jaken out of the dirt and continued towards the palace. Rounding a corner Sharla saw their son tying a gagged Rin to a tree. Moving silently, Sharla walked up behind him, grabbed him by the collar, lifted him up to eye level, and looked him in the eyes.
 
“What do you think you are doing Akuma?” asked Sharla.
 
“I'm playing.” replied Akuma.
 
“Like hell you were!” yelled Rin detaching herself from the tree and removing the gag.
 
“Rin I have told you before not to yell at your brother.” said Sharla as Sesshomaru came around the corner, and to Akuma, “YOU KNOW BETTER!!!”
 
“What did he do?” asked Sesshomaru.
 
“Tied Rin to a tree.” replied Sharla shoving Akuma into Sesshomaru's arms, “Deal with him, Fluffy, I don't have time. I must find out how the demons are getting through the barrier.”
 
Leaving Sesshomaru with the two kids and one VERY dirty Jaken, Sharla set off through the surrounding woods to try and find out how the demons were getting inside the barrier. Sharla was two thirds of the way around the barrier when she found it. At least twelve feet high and eight feet wide the breach in the barrier glowed pale red. Sharla didn't know what caused it or how to fix it. She only knew one thing, they had to leave immediately! Sharla turned and ran all the way back to the palace. She flew past a surprised Sesshomaru and into the stable. Sharla came out leading Ah-Un.
 
“What is it?” asked Sesshomaru.
 
“We have to leave NOW!!!” said Sharla.
 
“I take it you found out how the demons were getting in.” said Sesshomaru.
 
“I did.” replied Sharla.
 
“Can you repair it?” asked Sesshomaru.
 
“No.” answered Sharla.
 
“Jaken!” called Sesshomaru, “Get on Ah-Un.”
 
“Yes Lord Sesshomaru!” replied Jaken doing just that.
 
Sesshomaru helped Sharla up on Ah-Un's back, handed her Rin and Akuma, then leapt up behind her. Ah-Un leapt into the air just as the barrier collapsed.
Demon Child
By: Mihayle Shadow
Chapter2: Root of the Problem
“Where are we going?” asked Sesshomaru.
 
“To Kaede's village.” said Sharla, “Hopefully Totosai will be there and I can find out what is happening to my sword.”
 
“Kaede's village it is then.” replied Sesshomaru.
 
Sesshomaru guided Ah-Un towards Kaede's village. When they landed the first person they met was Koga.
 
“What brings you two out here?” asked Koga.
 
“Is Totosai here?” asked Sharla picking up Akuma.
 
“Yes.” replied Koga.
 
“I must see him!” said Sharla.
 
“I'll take you to him.” replied Koga, “Follow me.”
 
Koga led them to the inn, up to Totosai's room, and before leaving asked, “Is he yours?”
 
“Yes.” replied Sesshomaru, “His name is Akuma.”
 
Koga yanked his hand away as Akuma tried to bite him.
 
As he left Koga muttered, “Just met the kid and already he doesn't like me. Named him well…”
 
Sharla knocked on the door and asked, “Totosai may we come in?”
 
The door opened and instead of Totosai she saw Inuyasha. By the look on his face he too was having problems with his sword. Inuyasha let them in and closed the door. Sharla sat down on the floor and held Akuma on her lap lest he demolish some random object of Totosai's. Sesshomaru, Rin, and Jaken sat down beside her.
 
“Do you know what is happening Totosai?” asked Sharla thwarting Akuma's attempt at shredding the rug.
 
“As I told Inuyasha earlier only one thing could cause what is happening to your swords. A great disruption in the flow of demon energy.” said Totosai.
 
 
“Do you mean to say that there is a demon whose power is strong enough to affect the flow of demon energy?” asked Sesshomaru.
 
“Yes.” replied Totosai.
 
“Who could do this?” inquired Sesshomaru.
 
“There is only one that I know of who could do this.” said Totosai.
 
“NARAKU!!!” cried Sharla and Inuyasha.
 
“Yes.” said Totosai, “He is the only demon with enough power to affect the flow of demon energy.”
 
“How can he affect the flow of demon energy?” asked Sesshomaru, “Naraku is a half demon not a full demon!”
 
“Do you think that when I cut him in half that I also cut in half the human part of him?” asked Sharla.
 
“Yes.” answered Totosai.
 
“Aw shit!” said Sharla, “I caused this?!”
 
“Not intentionally,” answered Totosai, “but yes, you did.”
 
“So how do we fix this?” asked Inuyasha.
 
“As soon as his aura makes itself a new body the effect should disappear.” answered Totosai.
 
“What if it doesn't disappear?” asked Sharla thwarting Akuma's second attempt at shredding the rug.
 
“I don't know.” answered Totosai.
 
“Can't we track Naraku down and destroy his aura before it makes itself a new body?” asked Inuyasha.
 
“It is possible, but you would have to do it quickly.” replied Totosai, “If it starts to make a new body it will go into hiding and you will have to wait until it emerges to destroy it.”
 
Sharla stood up, still holding Akuma, and said, “If we are going to hunt down Naraku then we had better get started.”
 
“Oh…uh…yes of course!” said Totosai, “Go get ready.”
 
Once they were out of Totosai's room, Sesshomaru turned to Sharla and said, “It's all well and good that we are going to hunt down Naraku, but who is going to watch our children while we are gone? Rin we can leave with Kaede and she'll be fine. Akuma is another matter. He lives up to him name already!”
 
“Why not ask Sango and Miroku to watch him?” asked Inuyasha.
 
“Inuyasha,” said Sharla with a sly look at Sesshomaru, “would you mind carrying Akuma for a while?”
 
“Sure!” said Inuyasha taking Akuma in his arms with a smile.
 
Akuma looked at Inuyasha's ears, reached up, and promptly bit one of them hard enough to draw blood.
 
“DAMN!!” shrieked Inuyasha nearly dropping Akuma, “This kid is demon spawn!!!”
 
Sharla took Akuma back and said, “Exactly! Now you know why we can't ask Sango and Miroku to watch him. If they survived they'd never speak to us again!”
 
“No shit!” agreed Inuyasha.
 
“No shit!” repeated Akuma, “I'm a little demon!”
 
“WHERE THE HELL DID YOU LEARN THAT?!?!” roared Sesshomaru.
 
“Monkey Man!” replied Akuma.
 
Sharla froze mid stride, set Akuma down, knelt in front of him, and asked, “Akuma what did he look like?”
 
“Grey face. Red eyes. Fuzzy white cloak. Black hair.” said Akuma.
 
“Shit!” said Sesshomaru.
 
“Did he tell you his name?” inquired Sharla.
 
“No.” answered Akuma.
 
“When did you last see him?” asked Sharla.
 
“Seven days ago.” answered Akuma.
 
“Damn!” exclaimed Sharla, “That's when my sword began to act strangely.”
 
“So did mine.” Inuyasha added.
“That settles what to do with Akuma while we're gone, Sharla.” said Sesshomaru, “We can't leave him behind. We have no choice but to take him with us!”
 
“Fluffy NO!!!” cried Sharla, “It's too dangerous!!! We can't!!!”
 
“If we do not take him he could get kidnapped by Mon…Naraku.” replied Sesshomaru, “End of discussion he is going with us!”
 
Sharla didn't look happy about Sesshomaru's decision, but she knew better that to argue with him. Sharla picked up Akuma and followed Sesshomaru down the stairs. Akuma, with what little of his demon powers he could use, sensed that his mother wasn't happy and decided to do something to make her happy again. When they arrived at Inuyasha's room Sharla put him down. Immediately Akuma scurried over to Inuyasha, who was sitting on his bed, and climbed into his lap. Inuyasha looked down into Akuma's golden eyes.
 
“I'm sorry for biting your ear, Inuyasha.” said Akuma closing his eyes and snuggling up to Inuyasha, “Please forgive me. Are you alright?”
 
Both Sharla and Sesshomaru were shocked not only to hear Akuma say that, but also that Akuma began to cry after he'd said it.
 
Inuyahsa wrapped his arms around Akuma and said, “I forgive you Akuma. I'm alrigtht.”
 
Akuma snuck a peek at his mother. Sharla was leaning against Sesshomaru and had a faint smile on her face. Satisfied that he'd made her happy, Akuma curled up in Inuyasha's lap and went to sleep. Inuyasha handed Akuma to Sharla and they all retired to their rooms for the night.