InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Demon Child {sequel to Love Knows No Bounds} ❯ You ask much of me. ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Demon Child
By: Mihayle Shadow
Disclaimer: This is the sequel to Love Knows No Bounds which was my first story. If you liked the first one you will like this one even more. {I hope!} This story is set three years after Love Knows No Bounds and there is a new addition to the cast! His name is Akuma, which means Devil in Japanese, and he is the son of Sesshomaru and Sharla! As you will find out he lives up to his name. As stated in the disclaimer in my first story I do not own Inuyasha! PLEASE WRITE A REVIEW SO I KNOW IF I SHOULD CONTINUE TO WRITE THIS FANFICTION!!!
Chapter1: Trouble Abounds!!!
“This is really starting to piss me off.” thought Sharla, “This is the third time this week.”

Sharla was hidden from the demon horse by only a three foot wide tree trunk. Her demon sword had reverted to its katana form for some unknown reason and she was too far away to attack with her claws

“What the hell is wrong with my sword and how the hell did that damn demon get through the barrier?” Sharla asked herself.

Sharla carefully looked around the tree trunk and then pulled back. The demon horse was closer, but it wasn't close enough. It had been three years since she'd married Sesshomaru. The first years had been spent getting settled into Sesshomaru's fortress and attending meetings with other high ranking demon lords. The second year she'd given birth to a son, now two years old. The barrier around Sesshomaru's fortress had stood for three years, at least that's how long she'd been there, but now it had begun to fail.

Sharla looked around the tree again and swore, “Shit!! Now where is it?!”

The demon horse was nowhere in sight. Sharla wasted no time and bolted away from the tree.

WHOOOSHH!!!

A fireball struck the tree she'd been hiding behind and engulfed it in flames. Sharla dropped her sword, leapt into the air, and landed on the demon horse's back knocking it down. Sharla placed her hands on the demon horse's neck.

“Claws of Death!!!” yelled Sharla bringing her hands together and severing the demon horse's head.

Leaping off the corpse, Sharla retrieved her sword and put it back in its sheath. Just then Sesshomaru came around a tree and Sharla turned on him viciously.

“Where the hell have you been jackass?! I could have used your help a few minutes ago!” yelled Sharla.

“I…uh…” said Sesshomaru.

“Never mind!!” said Sharla, “Let's go home!!!”
Sesshomaru knew better than to argue with her and followed her back to the palace. When they got to the royal garden they found Jaken buried in the dirt with only his head sticking out.
“What the hell?” said Sesshomaru starting to dig Jaken out.
Sharla left him behind to finish digging Jaken out of the dirt and continued towards the palace. Rounding a corner Sharla saw their son tying a gagged Rin to a tree. Moving silently, Sharla walked up behind him, grabbed him by the collar, lifted him up to eye level, and looked him in the eyes.
“What do you think you are doing Akuma?” asked Sharla.

“I'm playing.” replied Akuma.

“Like hell you were!” yelled Rin detaching herself from the tree and removing the gag.

“Rin I have told you before not to yell at your brother.” said Sharla as Sesshomaru came around the corner, and to Akuma, “YOU KNOW BETTER!!!”

“What did he do?” asked Sesshomaru.

“Tied Rin to a tree.” replied Sharla shoving Akuma into Sesshomaru's arms, “Deal with him, Fluffy, I don't have time. I must find out how the demons are getting through the barrier.”

Leaving Sesshomaru with the two kids and one VERY dirty Jaken, Sharla set off through the surrounding woods to try and find out how the demons were getting inside the barrier. Sharla was two thirds of the way around the barrier when she found it. At least twelve feet high and eight feet wide the breach in the barrier glowed pale red. Sharla didn't know what caused it or how to fix it. She only knew one thing, they had to leave immediately! Sharla turned and ran all the way back to the palace. She flew past a surprised Sesshomaru and into the stable. Sharla came out leading Ah-Un.

“What is it?” asked Sesshomaru.

“We have to leave NOW!!!” said Sharla.

“I take it you found out how the demons were getting in.” said Sesshomaru.

“I did.” replied Sharla.

“Can you repair it?” asked Sesshomaru.

“No.” answered Sharla.

“Jaken!” called Sesshomaru, “Get on Ah-Un.”

“Yes Lord Sesshomaru!” replied Jaken doing just that.
Sesshomaru helped Sharla up on Ah-Un's back, handed her Rin and Akuma, then leapt up behind her. Ah-Un leapt into the air just as the barrier collapsed.
Demon Child
By: Mihayle Shadow
Chapter2: Root of the Problem
“Where are we going?” asked Sesshomaru.

“To Kaede's village.” said Sharla, “Hopefully Totosai will be there and I can find out what is happening to my sword.”

“Kaede's village it is then.” replied Sesshomaru.

Sesshomaru guided Ah-Un towards Kaede's village. When they landed the first person they met was Koga.

“What brings you two out here?” asked Koga.

“Is Totosai here?” asked Sharla picking up Akuma.

“Yes.” replied Koga.

“I must see him!” said Sharla.

“I'll take you to him.” replied Koga, “Follow me.”

Koga led them to the inn, up to Totosai's room, and before leaving asked, “Is he yours?”

“Yes.” replied Sesshomaru, “His name is Akuma.”

Koga yanked his hand away as Akuma tried to bite him.

As he left Koga muttered, “Just met the kid and already he doesn't like me. Named him well…”

Sharla knocked on the door and asked, “Totosai may we come in?”

The door opened and instead of Totosai she saw Inuyasha. By the look on his face he too was having problems with his sword. Inuyasha let them in and closed the door. Sharla sat down on the floor and held Akuma on her lap lest he demolish some random object of Totosai's. Sesshomaru, Rin, and Jaken sat down beside her.

“Do you know what is happening Totosai?” asked Sharla thwarting Akuma's attempt at shredding the rug.

“As I told Inuyasha earlier only one thing could cause what is happening to your swords. A great disruption in the flow of demon energy.” said Totosai.
“Do you mean to say that there is a demon whose power is strong enough to affect the flow of demon energy?” asked Sesshomaru.
“Yes.” replied Totosai.

“Who could do this?” inquired Sesshomaru.

“There is only one that I know of who could do this.” said Totosai.

“NARAKU!!!” cried Sharla and Inuyasha.

“Yes.” said Totosai, “He is the only demon with enough power to affect the flow of demon energy.”
“How can he affect the flow of demon energy?” asked Sesshomaru, “Naraku is a half demon not a full demon!”

“Do you think that when I cut him in half that I also cut in half the human part of him?” asked Sharla.

“Yes.” answered Totosai.

“Aw shit!” said Sharla, “I caused this?!”

“Not intentionally,” answered Totosai, “but yes, you did.”

“So how do we fix this?” asked Inuyasha.

“As soon as his aura makes itself a new body the effect should disappear.” answered Totosai.

“What if it doesn't disappear?” asked Sharla thwarting Akuma's second attempt at shredding the rug.

“I don't know.” answered Totosai.

“Can't we track Naraku down and destroy his aura before it makes itself a new body?” asked Inuyasha.

“It is possible, but you would have to do it quickly.” replied Totosai, “If it starts to make a new body it will go into hiding and you will have to wait until it emerges to destroy it.”

Sharla stood up, still holding Akuma, and said, “If we are going to hunt down Naraku then we had better get started.”

“Oh…uh…yes of course!” said Totosai, “Go get ready.”
Once they were out of Totosai's room, Sesshomaru turned to Sharla and said, “It's all well and good that we are going to hunt down Naraku, but who is going to watch our children while we are gone? Rin we can leave with Kaede and she'll be fine. Akuma is another matter. He lives up to him name already!”
“Why not ask Sango and Miroku to watch him?” asked Inuyasha.

“Inuyasha,” said Sharla with a sly look at Sesshomaru, “would you mind carrying Akuma for a while?”

“Sure!” said Inuyasha taking Akuma in his arms with a smile.
Akuma looked at Inuyasha's ears, reached up, and promptly bit one of them hard enough to draw blood.

“DAMN!!” shrieked Inuyasha nearly dropping Akuma, “This kid is demon spawn!!!”
Sharla took Akuma back and said, “Exactly! Now you know why we can't ask Sango and Miroku to watch him. If they survived they'd never speak to us again!”

“No shit!” agreed Inuyasha.

“No shit!” repeated Akuma, “I'm a little demon!”

“WHERE THE HELL DID YOU LEARN THAT?!?!” roared Sesshomaru.

“Monkey Man!” replied Akuma.
Sharla froze mid stride, set Akuma down, knelt in front of him, and asked, “Akuma what did he look like?”

“Grey face. Red eyes. Fuzzy white cloak. Black hair.” said Akuma.
“Shit!” said Sesshomaru.

“Did he tell you his name?” inquired Sharla.

“No.” answered Akuma.

“When did you last see him?” asked Sharla.

“Seven days ago.” answered Akuma.

“Damn!” exclaimed Sharla, “That's when my sword began to act strangely.”
 
“So did mine.” Inuyasha added.
“That settles what to do with Akuma while we're gone, Sharla.” said Sesshomaru, “We can't leave him behind. We have no choice but to take him with us!”

“Fluffy NO!!!” cried Sharla, “It's too dangerous!!! We can't!!!”

“If we do not take him he could get kidnapped by Mon…Naraku.” replied Sesshomaru, “End of discussion he is going with us!”

Sharla didn't look happy about Sesshomaru's decision, but she knew better that to argue with him. Sharla picked up Akuma and followed Sesshomaru down the stairs. Akuma, with what little of his demon powers he could use, sensed that his mother wasn't happy and decided to do something to make her happy again. When they arrived at Inuyasha's room Sharla put him down. Immediately Akuma scurried over to Inuyasha, who was sitting on his bed, and climbed into his lap. Inuyasha looked down into Akuma's golden eyes.
 
“I'm sorry for biting your ear, Inuyasha.” said Akuma closing his eyes and snuggling up to Inuyasha, “Please forgive me. Are you alright?”

Both Sharla and Sesshomaru were shocked not only to hear Akuma say that, but also that Akuma began to cry after he'd said it.

Inuyahsa wrapped his arms around Akuma and said, “I forgive you Akuma. I'm alrigtht.”

Akuma snuck a peek at his mother. Sharla was leaning against Sesshomaru and had a faint smile on her face. Satisfied that he'd made her happy, Akuma curled up in Inuyasha's lap and went to sleep. Inuyasha handed Akuma to Sharla and they all retired to their rooms for the night.
Demon Child
By: Mihayle Shadow
­Chapter3: Fleeing the Village
Early the next morning when Sharla woke up she couldn't find Akuma anywhere in their room. Moving silently so she wouldn't wake up Sesshomaru, Sharla swiftly got dressed and left the room. One at a time Sharla checked the rooms of everyone who was going with them to see if Akuma was in one of them. Sharla had checked every room except for Kagome and Inuyasha's room. Opening the door silently, Sharla looked inside. There, laying on Inuyasha's chest, was Akuma. How he got there Sharla didn't know, but she decided to leave him there, mainly because if she moved Akuma she would wake up Inuyasha. Closing the door without a sound, Sharla walked outside and sat down on the inn's steps. Sesshomaru found her there a half hour later and sat down beside her.

“Ok,” said Sesshomaru, “what's wrong?”

“Nothing.” replied Sharla absently resting her head on his shoulder.

“There must be something.” insisted Sesshomaru, “Are you still upset about my decision to take Akuma with us?”

“Fluffy, you know I love you and I respect your decision to take him along, but did you consider what will happen to him during the full moon, now six days away? He'll be human and more vulnerable to injury, plus how are we going to explain to Rin that we are taking Akuma with us and not her?” asked Sharla, “I'm not trying to question your authority or anything, I am just concerned for our son's safety.”

“Sharla-sama, I understand your concern.” replied Sesshomaru, “Which is why I asked Koga to go with us, just before I came out here. With the jewel shards in his legs he should be able to take Akuma to safety and he can outrun almost anything.”

Sharla looked up into his eyes and said, “You're right, Fluffy.”

Sesshomaru caught the sparkle in Sharla's eyes just before she stood up and took off running. Sesshomaru stood up and took off after her, chasing her down an alley, between two huts, and all over the village. He finally caught her, in the middle of the street, in front of the inn. Sesshomaru pulled her to him, placed the tip of one finger under Sharla's chin, and gently lifted her head up so he could look into her eyes. Sharla's face was flushed and her eyes were shining with love.

“You are beautiful, Sharla-sama.” whispered Sesshomaru as he leaned forward to kiss her, wrapping his arms around her.

Sharla wrapped her arms around Sesshomaru's neck and pulled him closer.

When they finally parted, Sesshomaru said, “Now that is something we haven't done since the day we were married.”
“I know, that's why I did it.” said Sharla, “That and the fact that I enjoy a good chase!”
Hand in hand they walked back into the inn. Since there still wasn't anyone else up, both walked into the dining room and sat down across from each other.

Sesshomaru looked at Sharla and asked, “How are we going to track Naraku anyway? Where do we even start?”

Before Sharla could reply, everyone else walked into the dining room. Inuyasha was carrying Akuma. When they all sat down Sharla stood up.

“Fluffy could you repeat the question you asked before the others arrived?” asked Sharla.
Sesshomaru nodded and said, “How are we going to track Naraku anyway and where do we even start looking?”
Everyone stared at Sharla making it clear that they didn't know.

“I may be able to tell us where to start, but I will not be able to track him.” said Sharla.

Then Sharla clapped her hands and, using her demon powers, caused a map to appear on the table. Sharla took two eight sided dice out of her sash and placed them on the table. Sharla placed the fingers of her left hand on the star on her forehead and closed her eyes. Everyone watched as the two dice began to move of their own accord. One of the dice stopped on Mount Hakurei and the other settled on top of the first. Sharla opened her eyes, looked at the dice, and nodded at Sesshomaru.

“We begin at Mount Hakurei.” said Sesshomaru, “Now all that's left is finding a way to track Naraku.”

“I will track him.” said Akuma.

“WHAT?!?!” exclaimed Koga.

“I will track him.” repeated Akuma.

“You can track Naraku?” asked Koga.

Akuma nodded.

“Do you know his scent?” asked Koga.

“You are such an idiot!” said Akuma, “If I can track him that obviously means I know his scent dumbass!”

Koga looked at Sharla and asked, “Do you always let him talk like that?”
“He is a demon, Koga.” said Sharla.
Impatient as always Koga stood and said, “Well let's go!!!”

“Not yet!!!” said Sharla, “We must first gather supplies.”

“Sharla is right.” said Sesshomaru, “We cannot go anywhere without supplies and a few other things.”

“What other things?!?!” snapped Koga, “We don't need anything else!!!”

“Yes we do!” said Sesshomaru.

They began arguing back and forth.

“I smell something.” thought Akuma.

Akuma slid off Inuyasha's lap and walked out of the dining room unnoticed. Akuma followed the strange scent as it led him outside and in between two huts. Akuma stopped in surprise when he saw Kagura. Akuma'a eyes narrowed to slits and turned blood red.

“Who are you?” asked Akuma.

“I am Kagura.” replied Kagura surprised by his tone.

“You are a bad person!” stated Akuma, “I don…”
Akuma leapt seven feet into the air dodging a net that had been thrown at him. The net wrapped around Kagura instead. Akuma dropped to the ground facing the direction the net had come from and saw Naraku. Akuma hissed, ran straight towards Naraku, leapt into the air, did a backflip over Naraku's head and grabbed Naraku's mask as he went. Akuma hit the ground running and was gone before Naraku could even move. Akuma burst into the dining room causing everyone to look up in surprise. Using Shippo as a stool, Akuma climbed onto the table.

“He is here.” said Akuma dropping the mask in the middle of the table.

Without another word Akuma walked across the table, climbed into Inuyasha's lap, and sat with his arms crossed.

“How did Naraku find us so quickly?!” exclaimed Sharla.

“We have to leave immediately!” said Sesshomaru as he stood up, “Rin you…”

“I will not stay behind Sesshomaru-sama!” said Rin, “I'm going with you!”

“But…” began Sesshomaru.
“Fluffy-sama we don't have time to argue!!!” cried Sharla, “It is evident that Naraku is after our son!!! The longer we argue the better his chances of getting our son become!!! He may even know about the full moon!!!”
“Sharla-sama is right.” said Kaede, “You must flee the village as soon as it is dark!”
Demon Child
By: Mihayle Shadow
­Chapter4: Transformation
Five days into the journey and not a single thing had happened. Not a sighting of either Naraku or Kagura. Koga was bored, Inuyasha was pissed off, and Miroku sported a large lump due to the fact that he'd once again grabbed Sango's ass. When they stopped to set up camp Akuma wandered off in search of something to play with. He came back an hour later to find Inuyasha in the middle of a brand new crater and Koga whimpering in pain.
 
“What did I miss?” asked Akuma out of curiosity.
 
“Uh…um…,” said Kagome, “never mind. It's okay!”
 
Akuma shrugged, walked off, and climbed a tree. Looking down at the others Akuma shook his head and thought, “Why ask? It's not like they're really going to tell me what happened.”
 
Just then Sharla called, “Time for bed Akuma!”
 
Akuma climbed down from the tree, crawled under his blanket, and appeared to sleep. However, as soon as everyone else WAS asleep, except Koga who was keeping watch, Akuma got up again. Akuma wandered over to Koga and sat down next to him.
 
Koga looked at Akuma and asked, “What do you want?”
 
“I'm not tired.” replied Akuma, “I want to sit with you.”
 
“But…” said Koga.
 
“I won't bite.” said Akuma.
 
Koga didn't argue and went back to keeping watch. They sat next to each other all night. The next morning they set off again and, as they drew closer to Mount Hakurei, Sango gave voice to a question that had been bugging her.
 
“Sharla.” said Sango.
 
“What?” asked Sharla.
 
“If you and Sesshomaru are both full demons doesn't that make Akuma a full demon too?” asked Sango.
 
“He is full demon.” replied Sharla.
 
“Then why is he turning human tonight?” inquired Sango.
 
“How can I explain this to her without telling her about my past?” thought Sharla then thinking fast she said, “It has to do with my bloodline. Every child in my family has something in their blood that causes them to turn human for a day. It only occurs once at two years of age and then disappears completely.”
 
“So it has to do with your bloodline?” said Sango.
 
“Yes.” replied Sharla, “I believe we have arrived.”
 
 
 
Sango looked up and realized that they were at the base of Mount Hakurei, what was left of it. She also realized that it was starting to get dark. Akuma sat down in the middle of a clearing and refused to move. As soon as camp was set up they all sat down to watch Akuma. As soon as they sat down Akuma stood up. A shaft of moonlight filtered through the trees and bathed Akuma in silvery light. The first thing to change were his ears, they simply vanished. Then Akuma's claws disappeared and his eyes went from gold to green. The next thing to change was his hair. It began at the roots and spread slowly, turning from white to gold. Then the facial marks began to fade, the crescent moon with its four point star, the purple stripes on his cheeks, and the red over his eyes, all disappeared. The last to go were the two stripes on each wrist. He stood there looking like a completely different person. Unbeknownst to them Naraku had also seen the transformation.
Demon Child
By: Mihayle Shadow
­Chapter5: Chaos, Panic, and Disorder = Akuma!!!
Naraku turned to Kagura and said, “Go distract Kagome and Sango,” then to the dragon demon he gave a jewel shard and said, “Occupy the demons,” last he told the Saimyoushou, “Render the monk useless.”
 
“What about you?” asked Kagura.
 
“I will take the boy.” replied Naraku, “NOW GO!!!”
 
As soon as Sharla and the others were satisfactorily occupied by his minions, Naraku slipped from the trees and approached Akuma. Moving quickly Naraku dropped a scroll on the ground, then clamped a hand over Akuma's mouth, so he could not cry out, and pinned the boy's arms with his other arm. Then he vanished in a puff of smoke. Kagura saw him vanish out of the corner of her eye and did the same, with the Saimyoushou following her. It took less than a minute to finish off the dragon. As Kagome retrieved the jewel shard, Sharla turned to find Akuma missing. Racing across the clearing Sharla stumbled over a scroll. Picking it up Sharla broke the seal and unrolled it. Her eyes turned blood red as she read the message Naraku had left. In Naraku's handwriting it said:
 
*~* SHARLA *~*
By now you know that I have your son. If you do not come, alone, to the summit of Mount Hakurei, tomorrow night and are not there by midnight, I will kill him!!! Do not think you can trick me in any way whatsoever. Do so and he will die!!!
*~* NARAKU *~*
 
Sharla crushed the scroll with her fist, fell to her knees, and let out a bone chilling cry, pouring into the cry all of her pain, fear, and rage at not realizing that Naraku had planned this all along. The others froze as the cry went on and on. Just when it seemed the cry would never stop it faded away and Sharla stood up. Then without warning Sharla fell backwards unconscious. Moving faster than ever before, Sesshomaru caught Sharla before she struck the ground. Laying her gently on the ground, Sesshomaru removed his boa, tucked it under her head, and wrapped a blanket around her. Then he sat down beside her and waited for her to wake up.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Meanwhile at Naraku's castle two people struggled to carry one bound, gagged, and wriggling two year old inside. The two were none other than Naraku and Kagura. The two year old was Akuma who was giving them a very hard time. When they finally got Akuma inside they dropped him in a corner and turned their backs on him. Both had just made three VERY big mistakes. Their first mistake was kidnapping him, their second mistake had been putting him down, their third, and quite possibly their WORST mistake yet had been turning their backs on him. Akuma simultaneously began chewing off the gag and untying himself. It took all of three seconds for him to get loose. A Saimyoushou buzzed around Naraku's head and he turned just in time to see Akuma bolt down the hall and disappear around a corner.
 
“DAMN IT!!!” yelled Naraku, “He got loose!!!”
 
Akuma tore through the halls intent on causing as much trouble as humanly possible before he got caught.
 
When Naraku got too close Akuma hurled a porcelain vase directly at Naraku's head and yelled, “I'll teach you to kidnap me bastard!!!”
 
Akuma took advantage of the momentary distraction and made his escape. Moving without a sound Akuma found himself in Naraku's bed chamber. Locking himself in, Akuma rummaged through Naraku's things looking for ways to torture them both. He found FOUR rolls of CLEAR fishing line. Humming happily to himself Akuma began to make his way throughout Naraku's castle setting up tripwires in every room and hallway. He even set them up in the stairwells. He'd just run out of fishing line at one end of a hall when Naraku appeared at the other end. Naraku spotted Akuma and ran towards him only to fall flat on his face. Naraku tried again, and again, with the same result. Meanwhile Akuma took off again knowing it would take HOURS before Naraku finally figured out what was wrong. Kagura was having exactly the same problems Naraku was having. Both were extremely pissed off at being outsmarted by a two year old and the fact that there were tripwires EVERYWHERE wasn't helping any.
 
Naraku looked at Kagura and growled, “If I get my hands on that little shit I'm going to kill him!!!”
 
“What's wrong?” asked Akuma with a laugh, “Can't you catch me or am I too fast for you?”
 
Both Naraku's and Kagura's heads snapped up to find Akuma leaning against the wall, arms crossed, and a smirk on his face, not ten feet away.
 
“I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!” screamed Naraku getting to his feet.
 
“How are you going to do that,” asked Akuma taking off again, “if you keep falling down?!”
 
“I will be very happy when this is over!” said Naraku getting up again.
 
“So will I.” replied Kagura as she did the same.
 
It took them six hours, due to the tripwires, to get back to the Grand Hall. Naraku looked out a window and swore. There waving gracefully in the breeze, at the top of a parapet, was his baboon cloak.
 
“That is DEFINITLY the last straw!!!” said Naraku, “I am not…”
 
“LOOK!!!” cried Kagura pointing at a futon on the other side of the hall.
 
Naraku looked and saw that Akuma had fallen asleep on the futon. Naraku waved his hand and ordered the Saimyoushou to make sure that Akuma did NOT escape again!
 
The Saimyoushou hovered around Akuma while Naraku climbed out onto the roof of his castle to retrieve his baboon cloak. When Naraku returned he found that Akuma was wide awake and glaring across the room at both of them.
 
“You WILL regret…” began Akuma.
 
“SHUT UP!!!” yelled Naraku.
 
Akuma took one look at Naraku's face and decided not to say another word, yet.
 
Kagura looked out the window, saw it was getting light, and said, “At least we only have to put up with his nonsense for twelve more hours. Then we can get rid of him.”
 
“True as that is,” said Naraku, “he will be even more difficult to control when it gets dark.”
 
“How so?” inquired Kagura glancing at Akuma who glared back at her.
 
“He will become a demon once more and we do not know the extent of his powers.” answered Naraku walking away.
 
“Jackass!” said Akuma as soon as Naraku had his back to him, then he quickly laid down and acted like he was sleeping.
 
Naraku spun around only to find that Akuma had fallen `asleep'.
 
“I hate this kid!” declared Naraku stalking away.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Back in the clearing Sharla finally awoke and found Sesshomaru looking down at her, concern showing in his eyes. Sharla avoided looking at him.
 
“What is wrong?” inquired Sesshomaru forcing her to meet his eyes.
 
Sharla pulled away and replied, “Nothing is wrong, Fluffy-sama. What makes you think there is something wrong?”
 
“You won't look me in the eyes, you let out a scream that scared the hell out of all of us, and you're avoiding my questions.” answered Sesshomaru, “Now tell me what is wrong.”
 
“Nothing.” said Sharla, “I'm fine.”
 
“Sharla.” said Sesshomaru with a low growl.
 
Sharla knew that he was getting angry and didn't try to sugar coat anything when she replied, “Naraku took our son. If I don't meet him at the summit of Mount Hakurei, tonight, at midnight Naraku will kill him.”
 
“I'm going with you!” said Sesshomaru.
 
“You can't.” replied Sharla.
 
“Why?” asked Sesshomaru.
 
“If I don't go alone our son will die.” answered Sharla.
 
“I can't let you go alone!” exclaimed Sesshomaru.
 
“I HAVE NO CHOICE!!!” roared Sharla furiously.
 
Sesshomaru had never seen Sharla so angry before and assumed it would be in his best interest to not argue with her. Sharla confirmed his assumption by picking up his boa, wrapping it over her shoulder, and walking away. Inuyasha tried to follow but was stopped by Sesshomaru.
 
“Let her go, Brother. She is very upset.” said Sesshomaru.
 
Sharla walked to the edge of a cliff and stared at Mount Hakurei. Sesshomaru watched the night wind tug at the boa that Sharla was wearing. He sighed knowing that he could do nothing to help her face Naraku. Sesshomaru walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her. Sharla turned towards him, buried her face in his chest, and cried. Her tears soaked through the fabric, but he didn't care. Sesshomaru held her knowing that this was all he could do to help her.
Demon Child
By: Mihayle Shadow
­Chapter6: You ask much of me.
That night as Sesshomaru watched Sharla take flight he got the feeling that he wasn't going to like what happened as a result of this meeting. When Sharla landed in the clearing on top of Mount Hakurei there was nobody in sight.
 
“Naraku!” yelled Sharla, “I know you're here somewhere! Show yourself!!!”
 
“So good of you to come.” said Naraku, “Why don't you turn around?”
 
Sharla turned and found Naraku, who held Akuma by his neck, standing on the other side of the clearing. Sharla's eyes turned blood red and she began walking towards Naraku.
 
Naraku knelt down, placed his claws against Akuma's throat, and said coldly, “If you value his life you will not take another step.”
 
Sharla froze instantly and stared at Naraku in horror.
 
“That's better.” said Naraku.
 
“What do you want from me?” asked Sharla as her eyes turned gold once more.
 
“What I want is for you to serve me.” answered Naraku with an evil smile.
 
“If I refuse?” inquired Sharla.
 
Naraku looked Sharla in the eyes and replied calmly, “If you refuse to serve me I will rip his throat out.”
 
“NO!!!” screamed Sharla in fear taking an involuntary step forward.
 
Naraku's red eyes gleamed, not because of her reaction, but because he knew what her answer to his request would be, and said, “Well?”
 
“If you want me to do as you ask, then you must first do something I ask.” said Sharla.
 
“Name this thing.” replied Naraku a bit surprised.
 
“I want your word of honor, what little honor you may have, that if I do as you ask and serve you, then you will let my family and my friend live.” answered Sharla, “For as long as I do what you say you can't harm them in any way whatsoever. If you do harm them, then I am free to do as I please. I will do anything you say except kill people.”
 
Naraku hissed, “You ask much of me.”
 
“I know,” replied Sharla, “but so do you.”
 
Sharla crossed her arms over her chest, bowed her head, and dropped to one knee. Naraku's eyes widened in surprise at her act of submission and then his eyes gleamed with an evil light.
 
“Very well I accept your terms.” said Naraku, “Now go! When I want you I will send you two of my Saimyoushou and you will go with them without hesitation.”
 
Naraku gave a dismissive wave of his hand, turned Akuma loose and began to walk away. Akuma ran to Sharla and she wrapped her arms around him.
 
Looking up Sharla saw Naraku walking away and said, “Thank you, My Lord.”
 
Naraku paused and said, “I thought I told you to leave. Are you disobeying me?”
 
He turned around, raised an eyebrow, and took a step towards Sharla. Sharla held Akuma tighter, eyes wide.
 
“Please forgive me, My Lord, I did not mean to disobey you.” said Sharla her voice full of fear.
 
“I will let this offense slide.” said Naraku turning away, “I will not be as forgiving the next time you disobey me. Now leave!!!”
 
Sharla picked up Akuma, bowed to Naraku, and used her demon powers to propel herself into the air.
 
When she was gone Naraku smiled and said aloud, “I may not be able to harm your loved ones, bitch, but you never said I couldn't make you do it for me!”
 
Then Naraku himself disappeared.