InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Demon Nature ❯ Demon Nature Chapter 2 First Moves ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

2

The demoness of the north paced, her minions cowering against the walls of her castle, hoping not to come under that golden glare. She was a tigress, and she'd won her position by sheer power, overcoming her brother who was supposed to be the heir, and killing her parents, who had been ready to wage civil war against her. She growled despite being in her human form, her tail wrapped around her waist. She had never mated, had never had children, and now she feared that she'd made a mistake, The north was in the grip of winter now, so news was hard to come by. Like the other Demon Lords, she made a patrol in the fall, taking on all challengers and marking the boundaries of her domain. Despite the snow and ice, word had come from her border with the west that Sesshoumaru's pups were now able to assume demon form, and that he himself was training them for war. Demons and humans alike were being used as toys for his children, and the reports were they were if anything meaner and more cunning than their father. She let out a roar, a roar that contained so much power that one of the walls in her audience hall collapsed. Yet she knew her power would not defeat Sesshoumaru and his whelps. When Spring came, he would attack, and the north would fall to him.

"There has to be a way," she hissed, looking at her advisors.

"My Lady, the Lord Sesshoumaru has no weaknesses. His arm grew back, and now he's stronger than ever."

"He's fucking a human, his whelps are hanyou, and yet he stands poised to take over my lands."

"He may attack the East first My Lady."

"And why would he do that?" she asked, stepping up into the minion's face, her amber eyes ringed with red.

"There is internal dissent, some say fueled by Lord Sesshoumaru himself. And remember, The Eastern Lord was injured very badly during an attack last summer. Some say he's never fully recovered."

"Even if that is correct…we buy another year?"

"My Lady could consent to breed…"

"Never!!!" she roared. "During my pregnancy I would be reduced to a lactating cat. That demon bastard would take over my domain in a day, and kill not only me, but my cubs. No."

"You could do as he did My Lady, breed with a human. You would be guaranteed one cub, and you would not have so long a convalescence. The wife of the Lord of the West was not overly burdened…"

"He took the pain away from her, and healed her you twit. And when the second pup was born…"

She stopped, and looked around.

"Why do I tolerate you demons? Get the hell out of my sight. Now."

They scampered away, and she sat down on her throne. When Sesshoumaru's human bitch had born his second pup, he'd sealed his home from demon and human sight, and it had lasted for months. There were rumors that he had died, or that she had died. When he'd reemerged he'd been stronger, and picked up right where he left off. Maybe it was time for her to seal her home off from the world, create a barrier only those she designated could pass. It would stop Sesshoumaru from his final victory, and perhaps leave his human vulnerable. His father before him had been foolish in his love for a human, but this woman was different. She was immortal, and was rumored to be able to fight at the demon lord's side. There was no proof of that, but…

She sent for her top spy, a very human looking demon named Houshi.

"I want you to go to the West. Be back before spring."

"At your service My Lady," he bowed, walking backwards towards the door.

"Houshi, please stay and talk to me, she purred, and he bowed, coming back to stand before her."

"Sit next to me," she said, patting the space next to where she sat. Houshi did as he was told. It had been a while since she'd called on him to service her, and he was glad that he could perform the service for her again.

Outside the room a shadow separated itself from the wall. The man was clad in the livery of the Demoness, but his loyalty, as did his wife and children, lay in the West.

Lord Sesshoumaru would be glad to hear this news.