InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Demon Nature ❯ Demon Nature Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Demon Nature Chapter 4 Family Outing

The snow had been falling for three days, and when it stopped, Rin felt the need to be outside. Over her breakfast, Sesshoumaru didn't really eat unless he felt like it, she asked if it were possible for her to join him and the children on the hunt that morning.

He looked at her, surprised, but then said yes.

"You know we'll be in demon form my love."

"Yes Sesshoumaru-Sama, I know."

"Then you will ride on my back. When it's time for the kill, I'll make sure you stand away from it so you're not bloodied."

"Yes Master, I will do as you say."

Anyone watching later that morning would've seen a strange sight, a huge, fully grown demon dog, his pups, and on the Demon Lord's back a woman, a human woman, her hands buried in the ruff on the Demon Lord's shoulders. The dogs fangs dripped poison, and their claws left colored marks in the snow that showed that contact with them would be fatal in more ways than one. They scented a herd, and one of the younger dogs turned to face the older one. They communicated silently for a few seconds, and the pups dropped to the ground, their white fur blending with the snow. The large dog padded away to a clump of evergreens, and bowed down, letting the woman slide off. There was a shimmer of light, and Sesshoumaru, in human form, held Rin to him while he listened to his children hunt. They were deadly efficient, and each one brough back two elk which they killed in the traditional way, not wanting to poison the meat. They shimmered into human form, and accepted the praise from their father.

"Take your mother back home Taisho," the Demon Lord said gruffly.

"There are humans in the forest. We'll wait for you here."

The young male transformed, and bowed down to let his mother mount his back. When he was satisfied that she was secure, he took off. At the castle her maid was waiting to make sure she was warm after her trip outside.

"Taisho, please be careful, and listen you your father!!"

"Yes mother," he said, shifting back into demon form and heading back to where is father and sister waited. Sesshoumaru was impatient, and as soon as Taisho rejoined them they took off, heading silently towards the foreign scent.

Houshi was getting ready to put magical seals around his camp when he was surrounded.

"Lord Sesshoumaru," he said, bowing deeply as the demon shifted shape.

"Human, you smell of fear. Who…he sniffed, and looked at the other two dogs, who were standing, panting, waiting, their huge tongues lolling out the side of their mouths.

"She sent you," Sesshoumaru said softly, his eyes deadly flat, the gold rimmed with red.

He looked at his children before he spoke again.

"Come. We'll talk."

Houshi knew he was dead. No one, no human, had ever gone into Lord Sesshoumaru's castle and come out again. An hour later Sakura tossed his body to her brother as if she were playing with a doll. That he was still alive didn't matter to her. His screaming would annoy her father though, and when Taisho tossed him back she bit his head off, spitting it onto the ground. When she looked up she saw her father standing, watching her, in human form.

"We can't sustain an attack from two directions. She expects this worthless thing back. What do you say we bring him to her?"