InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dew Drops ❯ Waiting ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Theme: Eternal Love
Pairing: Sango x Miroku
Title: Waiting
 
 
“I'm leaving,” the words came from somewhere inside the closet. “I don't know for how long, but the plane departs in 30 minutes.”
 
On the bed opposite the closet, a lone figure sat. Tears streamed from dark eyes as they tried and failed to speak.
 
“I'm sorry,” a woman appeared from the closet carrying some random clothes. Her hair had been pulled back in a high ponytail. It was hopeless to ask her to stay, whenever the hair went up she was all business.
 
“Don't be,” the man managed to croak out. He raised himself from the bed, wiping the still falling tears from his dark blue eyes. “There is no need to be sorry.”
 
They shared a hug that neither wanted to be the first to break. Hurting the most, she broke the hug. It wasn't her choice to leave, but she had to go. People were counting on her, and she couldn't let them down, again. Love had gotten in the way before; she promised she wouldn't let it happen again.
 
“I'll come back, I promise,” she whispered once on the other side of the door.
 
“I'll always wait for you,” he answered her promise with one of his own. Wiping the tears away once more, he began to wait.