InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dial "H" for Hentai! ❯ Huh? ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
~*A/N: REVISED! For all of those I confused. I want to get this fic over and done so I can hurry along to the next. I have made myself a promise that I won't have more than two fics going at once, unless I'm inserting a one-shot. So, onto the last chappie of "Dial 'H' for Hentai!"*~


DISCLAIMER: I own Inu-Yasha! *dances* I just bought him on E-Bay! He should arrive in... *checks screen* 6-8 weeks! Yay!


Chapter Six: Huh?


The group of four friends ate their breakfast of ramen, a thick blanket of silence wrapping around them. Four heads snapped up at sounds coming from the doorway. There stood Kaede, a kitsune's tail clutched in each knarled hand. They all recognized Shippo's pout, but the glare of the larger kit surprised them all. "Kaede-sama," Kagome squeaked, "who is that?"

Kaede lifted the hand that held Betsu, releasing Shippo at the same time. The kit quickly quitted his pout, and shot into Kagome's lap. Kaede poked Betsu with the forefinger of her newly freed hand. The offended kit growled at the miko. The small but aggressive sound caused everyone to laugh, even Shippo, whose growl sounded similar, if not smaller.

"Stop laughing!" yelled Betsu, his face mimicing a tomato. Kaede, Inu-Yasha, and Miroku's faces went instantly serious. Sango stopped laughing, but could not conceal a smile. Kagome tried to stifle her giggles, only to have one slip out occasionally. Shippo, however, continued laughing unabashedly, tears of mirth streaming down his cheeks. Kagome hushed him, as Kaede cleared her throat to get their attention. Five pairs of eyes turned to her, the scowling kitsune still hanging from her fist.

"This," Kaede nodded to the ball of fur, "is Betsu. He has been the source of mischief in this village." All instantly sobered, even Shippo's giggles disappearing as they were reminded of the recent tragedy.

"Keh! Don't tell me we were all duped by some damn little kit?" Inu-Yasha crossed his arms over his chest.

"I'm not little!" Betsu argued. "I'm full-grown! I'm an adult!"

"Keh," Inu-Yasha snorted, turning his head.

"That is beside the point, Betsu-san," Kaede scolded, her voice remaining even. "Ye have caused much trouble for my village, and as its miko, it is my duty to punish the guilty." At the word "punish", Betsu gulped, his eyes as big as saucers.

"Puh-punish?" he stuttered, turning his face up to the old woman.

"Hai," Kaede nodded, closing her eye.

"Buh-buh-buh-buh-but, it wasn't my fault! That miko! She gave me the spell, and told me exactly what to do! She even told me your names, and how to work them into the incantation! I didn't know what it would do, honest! I've been framed, I tell you, framed!" Betsu cried, clutching his face in agonized fear.

"Miko?" Kagome asked herself, staring off into space.

"Hai! A miko!" Betsu nodded enthusiastically. "She found me in the forest, and asked me if I wanted to do some mischief. Well, it's in my nature, so how could I resist? If I knew it would kill someone, I never would have done it, I swear!"

Kaede opened her eye, studying the quivering kitsune. 'His eyes seem to say he's telling the truth. But who could this miko be? Could it be...' she shook her head, dispelling the thought before it could even form.

Inu-Yasha snorted, "It smells like you're telling the truth, but you need to tell us the WHOLE story, from the beginning, every detail, got it?" Betsu again nodded enthusiastically, clutching his paws over his heart in a praying motion. Kaede released him, and he fell to the floor. He touched a paw to his head as Kaede turned, pulling the mat aside to say something to Kirara. A growl of agreement was heard from outside, and Kaede released the mat. She crossed the hut, sitting in her usual seat; next to the firepit, facing the door. The five friends moved to take their usual places as well; Kagome and Sango sat on either side of the firepit, facing each other. Miroku sat on Kaede's right, just far away enough from Sango not to be crowding her. Inu-Yasha remained in his corner. Shippo stayed in Kagome's lap. Betsu frowned before plopping down in front of the firepit as well, facing Kaede. He looked to her face for a sign. She looked him in the eye, then nodded. He sighed.

"As I said, I was just resting in a tree in the forest near here one day, when a miko appeared before me," he began. No one interrupted, so he continued. "She asked me if I was up to any mischief. When I told her I was merely taking a nap, she got an interesting gleam in her eye. She asked me if I wanted to be. Now, I thought this odd, her being a miko and all, so I figured it a trap. She assured me it wasn't even before I could voice my opinion. I looked at her skeptically as she explained the spell she wanted me to perform. She gave me a few names to work into the incantation, and laid it all out specifically. When I asked why she didn't do it herself, her powers being far superior to mine, she glared at me. She said she didn't have the capabilities of illusionary magic like kitsunes do. So I did the spell, and watched. At first, it was amusing, all of you running around confused. But the poor man..." he choked at these words, "I-I didn't mean for him to die! I didn't know! I didn't..." he bowed his head, dejected. Kagome patted his shoulder, and he looked up, giving her thanks by a silent, watery smile.

"This miko ye saw," Kaede drew his attention. "What did she look like?"

Betsu tapped his chin with a forefinger, studying the ceiling of the hut. "Well, she was dressed in the usual attire of a miko, red and white. Her long black hair was tied back with a white ribbon. She had brown eyes, but they seemed cold and dead. Come to think of it, she smelled of earth and death. A few youkai circled around her, bringing balls of light to her. She absorbed them, and the youkai would fly away as more came. She seemed rather... odd," he finished, his expression still thoughtful. Everyone's eyes had snapped to Inu-Yasha as he had mentioned the flying youkai, for he had stood quickly. An expression of forced control was in his golden eyes as he locked them on Kaede.

Kaede waved her hand at him, "Go, then, if you must." With that, he pushed aside the mat, only to be met by a growling Kirara. "Kirara," Kaede called, "let him pass." Kirara backed down, settling herself again to the side of the door. Within seconds Inu-Yasha was gone, the mat making swishing sounds as it settled back into place. Kagome looked down at the firepit, watching the flames lick the wood without really seeing them. "Well," Kaede spoke, breaking the silence and pulling Kagome out of her reverie, "now that we know the truth, ye are all free to go. Except ye, Betsu. Ye have some explaining and apologizing to do to the villagers." The four remaining friends remained sitting as Kaede gathered up the kit and left the hut.

"Well," said Kagome, shaking her head to clear it, "I guess I'll go home. I have tests tomorrow, after all." She stood, setting Shippo down after dropping a kiss on his head. She walked to the corner, hauling her yellow backpack onto her shoulders.

"Kagome, I'll walk you to the well," Sango offered, standing.

"That's allright, Sango," Kagome smiled. "It's daytime, I'll be fine." And with that, she left, patting Kirara's head as she passed.

Miroku sighed, "Will he never learn?"

"She caused a spell to be cast on us all! She had us kill someone, and innocent man! And he still runs to her?!" Sango fumed. Shippo ran from the hut to find comfort in Kirara. Miroku stood next to Sango, placing a reassuring hand upon her shoulder.

"As long as Kikyo walks the earth, he will go to her. It's sad really," Miroku chuckled, looking down and shaking his head. "Kagome loves him, it's plain as the nose on her face. And he just can't see."

Sango turned her head towards Miroku, shocked at how calm and collected he could be in a situation like this. 'I really envy him,' she thought. 'He always has something intelligent to offer, always manages to look at things rationally, always manages to calm the rest of us down, always... manages to ruin it!' She turned, rage again filling her eyes, as she felt him grope her. "HENTAI!" she screamed, slapping his face.

Inu-Yasha paused before he leapt again. He chuckled to himself, shaking his head. "Damn lecher," he mumbled, leaping to the next tree, trying to find Kikyo's elusive scent.

Kagome looked back towards the village, perched on the edge of the well. "Glad everything's back to normal," she mumbled half-heartedly, as blue light enveloped her.

Shippo cuddled deeper into Kirara, mumbling about "grown-ups" and their "odd behavior". 'If that's what it's like to be grown-up,' he thought, 'I don't want to be one.' And with that, he fell asleep.

On the other sided of Inu-Yasha's forest, Kikyo floated on a cloud of miasma with Naraku, his arm around her. "Well, Kikyo, it seems the stupid half-breed and your wretched reincarnation ended up immune to your tricks. I'm sorry the incantation I gave you wasn't more successful," he hissed into her ear.

She turned to him, her expression blank. "Do not worry, Naraku. Look how he searches for me, the fool. Even after my trying to kill the girl, making them all murder that man... he still searches for me. Surely he'd question me, but he knows I would never answer him. I am only sorry for hurting my sister. The only thing I couldn't controll..." she trailed off, her eyes suddenly sad as she watched her sister walk through the village.

After Kaede had made Betsu explain to the village, they decided to let him go as long as he promised never to do it again. He was fortunate that they all viewed him as merely a mischevious child. The details of Kikyo were omitted from his explanation, so as to not further upset the villagers, but all-in-all, they were satisfied. Kaede still wondered what her sister's goal had been. But, once again, all was calm within Musashi's domain, and although touched with grief, life in the small village continued as it always had.


~*A/N: The end! Te he! So, yay! NEways... Now that I'm finished, I can start posting my new fic! I will still continue writing on "In the Beginning..." and my new fic will be titled "Love Remains". Check 'em out, if you haven't! Onegai? Arigato, my lovely readers, I enjoyed writing and I hoped you enjoyed reading! Sayonara!*~