InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Different Begginings ❯ Snapped ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Different Beginnings
Sessh/Kag
Chapter 1- Snapped
“Talking”
-Thinking-
 
Summary- After 4 long years of jewel shard hunting the group gets a nice 3 month break from Naraku who is currently recovering from wounds from the last battle, but thing change in time and Kagome who finds Inuyasha no longer worthy of her love changes for the better, gaining attention from a certain someone who's been watching from the beginning.
 
Disclaimer- I do not own Inuyasha but I do own my own plot, thank you Rumiko Takahashi for giving us the wonderful story to create with our own.
 
A/n- New story! I'm taking a different approach with things now, and I sure hope you like it, cause I just came to me in a weird trance like nap.. im odd and proud. ^^
 
Kagome's POV
 
I had just come from the well with a well packed stock of everything the group needed. Ramen, blankets, sleepwear, and my famous omelet, octopus sausage lunch! Everyone loved my lunches and I hate seeming to brag but I felt special every time the group exclaimed at the delicacy of the lunch.
 
But as soon as I got out of the well I knew something was wrong.
 
Inuyasha wasn't there. I frowned, he was always there waiting even if it was raining.
 
But Shippo was, my little kit, sleeping soundly with light snores here and there. I smiled, but then my mother instincts kicked in and I wondered how long he was out here and worried if anything might have attacked him during his stay.
 
I bent over the ladder I had installed earlier in the years, and climbed to the top and sat on the edge, my legs swinging to and forth.
 
I sighed, it had been 4 years already and I was now 19. I had somehow managed to pass high school with average grades. Naraku had gone into hiding for about a year and Inuyasha reluctantly let me come to my era for 3 months straight, visiting once or twice each month.
 
Everything changed when I came back graduated and fully qualified for the world in my time, yet I devoted my self to the past collecting jewel shards and fighting demons every day. I visited my family every month, but I was no longer close to them.
 
But I blamed no one for that but my self. I had been the one to break the jewel in the first place. So naturally it was my duty to clean up the mess.
 
I picked up Shippo; he was warm as always, even though it was a bleak day, fat rain clouds hiding the sun from view. He had grown these past few years and was now above my knees up to about mid thigh, he had gotten heavier to, but I never minded he was my little kit and I loved holding him.
 
Though, he always said he was a big boy he was still a little kid at heart and loved playing around in the fields and playing with his tops and other toys I brought him.
 
I loved him so much and if I lost him I would be lost my self.
 
With Shippo still sound asleep I walked down the trail towards the village seeing plumes of grey smoke coming from the chimneys signaling it was lunch time.
 
I picked up my pace keeping Shippo securely in my arms so he didn't jar when I stepped on an uneven part of the road.
 
I entered the village a few minuets later and almost laughed aloud when Shippo's nose twitched and he eyes opened to see moving scenery and looked up to see me and smiled this huge smile that I couldn't keep mine down.
 
“KAGOME-MOMMA!!!!!!! I missed you!!!!! Why were you gone so long!!!!!???”
 
I smiled at him and hushed him with a finger, “Not so loud Shippo im trying to find Inuyasha, and I want to sneak up on him If it's possible.” I whispered sneakily.
 
All of a sudden Shippo looked down and frowned. “You wont find Inuyasha anywhere around here.” He said in a saddened whisper.
 
I frowned and sighed knowing where this was going, and it hurt knowing he promised me he wouldn't go see HER again anymore. But I waited to see what Shippo had to say before I jumped to conclusions.
 
“And why is that Shippo?” I asked him carefully. He looked at me with tears in his eyes, and his lip trembled slightly.
 
Shippo's POV
 
It had been so long since I seen my momma, I wonder if she abandoned me and the group. But Sango always reassured me, telling me she'd be back as soon as her tests in her world was over, and Miroku played with me to keep both our minds occupied, and his hands, much to Sango's pleasure.
 
Both Sango and Miroku had gotten closer and were getting much closer and I wondered when they would ever mate or get “married” as Kagome put it. I smiled remembering her face radiating with joy bringing happiness to the group every time through thick and thin.
 
Sango said she was to come back today and I was now walking down the trail to wait for her since Inuyasha was no longer loyal to her as everyone first thought when she left.
 
::Flash back::
 
Kagome approached Inuyasha hesitantly knowing his first answer would be a big fat NO to her question but she had an ace up her sleeve.
 
“Hey Inuyasha can I asked you a favor?” Kagome asked Inuyasha sweetly.
 
Inuyasha looked at Kagome carefully seeing through her fake innocent facade. “KEH! Wench if it's you goin home then hell no.” and with that he turned and jumped into a tall pine oak.
 
“BUT INUYASHA! IF I DO THIS I CAN STAY IN THE FEUDAL ERA ALL I WANT!” Kagome yelled into the tree angry he didn't even care about her feelings in this.
 
“feh, for how long?” asked Inuyasha curious about this proposition.
 
“well, for three months but this is smaller than the amount I would have to stay if I didn't get that tutor back 3 months ago!” Kagome replied.
 
“THREE MONTHS!? WHAT ABOUT NARAKU AND COLLECTING THE JEWEL SHARDS!?” Inuyasha replied angrily.
 
“Come on Inuyasha! You and I both know Naraku went into hiding recovering from the last battle and you know how long it takes him to regenerate his limbs with less jewel shards! It'll be more than three months before we hear from him! And plus the new moons coming and you'll need to come to my time soon anyway!
 
“I hate to admit it to you wench but your right, but only for 3 months and no more! And you'll have to bring loads of ramen! Inuyasha agreed.
 
“Thank you Inuyasha! You won't regret this I promise! I'll leave in 10 minutes as soon as I get my bag and say good bye to everyone.
 
Inuyasha keh'ed and left her to it, grumbling and went to go back to dozing in his tree.
 
Kagome skipped towards the village seeing Kaede and Miroku gathering herbs in her garden, seeing Sango also buffing her weapons and Shippo chasing a butterfly near by. Shippo catching my scent bounded up to me and jumped into my arms and smiled,
 
“KAGOME! I found a pretty rock for you! Its all purple and its got silver running though it! I found it by the river, and I want you to have it!” he said in a hyper rush.
 
Kagome smiled at Shippo and took the rock and placed it in the pocket on her shirt near her heart, patting it showing Shippo it was secured “Thank you Shippo! I'll keep it here next to my heart and think of you all the time when im gone okie?” Kagome replied happily.
 
Shippo frowned, `leave? Momma's leaving again? I hate it when she leaves! Inuyasha's so mean when she's not here!' Shippo thought sadly.
 
You're leaving?” Sango asked looking up from her weapons.
 
“Yes Kagome, are you leaving? How long this time? Miroku asked concerned.
 
“For three months, im sorry guys but I gota finish school before they fail me for good!” Kagome replied sadly.
 
“But Kagome! I don't want you leave! Inuyasha's so mean when you do!” Shippo wailed
 
“Now, now little kit, ye mustn't be so selfish, Kagome here has sacrificed her education long enough, ye must let her complete this.” Kaede said reassuringly.
 
Shippo sniffled and nodded, knowing it would make his momma happy; he hugged her and said his good bye.
 
“Don't worry Shippo! I'll be back before you could say Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! And plus ill bring lots of candy and a new toy for you to play with! I'll bring you all of you gifts as in a thank you for letting me go this time!” Kagome said happily and comfortingly.
 
“Now, now Kagome you don't have to bring us gifts! There's no need! Miroku replied.
 
“Nope there is an occasion! When someone graduates from high school it's a big thing! So I must! We will celebrate!” Kagome exclaimed.
 
Well then we shall throw you a party! In congratulations for this joyous occasion!” Sango told her with a smile.
 
“YEAH! After this I will no longer have to return to my time much and I could stay here with you guys more often, so after this we'll throw a party! I'll even bring lunch and a cake! “Kagome replied enthused.
 
And with that they all said their good byes and wished Kagome well on her tests and such.
 
Kagome grabbed her bag and headed towards the well, looking for Inuyasha to say good bye also.
 
She looked up to see Inuyasha resting in the tree where she left him. “Hey Inuyasha! Come down here for a sec please?” Inuyasha opened his eyes and nodded leaping down as he did so.
 
Inuyasha then sniffed the air and looked towards the east and went into a trance like state muttering Kikyou under his breath.
 
Kagome stiffened.
 
She hated it when he spoke her name, he would always belittle her and compare her to Kikyou. It made her sad to think that's how he saw her, she loved him so much, but he never showed her much affection unless he was pushed to or did so randomly.
 
“You love her still, don't you Inuyasha? Kagome whispered.
 
Inuyasha snapped his head towards Kagome hearing that, no longer in a trance.
 
“wha..what?” He stammered. Where'd you get something like that? He asked nervously.
 
“You just whispered her name and you looked longing, like you wish you could have her and you can't because something's tying you down. I know you Inuyasha so don't play games with me right now.” Kagome replied sad yet angry at the same time.
 
I also know that every now and then you go to her at night when you think everyone's asleep. And you're not as quiet as you think you are when you're with her either! Kagome yelled.
 
“I gota know Inuyasha, is it fun making love to a dead person? Never feeling warmth and facing emotionless eyes? I personally for one wouldn't want to ever do it but it makes me curious you know?” Kagome asked in a saddened angry whisper.
 
“Now hold on one damned minute! What gives you the right to question me on this? Its none of your damn business who I make love to and how I feel about them! It's not like you care!” Inuyasha yelled angrily.
 
“WRONG! I do care Inuyasha! More than you'll ever know but that's never good enough is it?! She never wants to stay by your side like I do and she never smiles or does anything that says she's healthy! HECK! She's not even alive! The only thing keeping her alive is half of my soul and other innocent souls! And let me tell you one thing! Im going to take back my soul, whether I hurt your feelings or not! Cause you sure as hell hurt mine!” Kagome yelled.
 
Then in a flash Inuyasha was before Kagome with his hands raised ready to back hand her but she stood there, holding her ground.
 
“Go ahead Inuyasha! But you know I speak the truth!” Kagome said defiantly.
 
You're just a jealous bitch you know that? But if it'll make you happy just this once I won't go to her as much but im not holding any promises.” And with that Inuyasha stalked off leaving a bewildered Kagome behind.
 
“Point one for Kagome!” Kagome congratulated her self. And with that she disappeared into the well for three months.
 
::End of flashback::
 
Kagome's POV
 
“Inuyasha is on a hunt for a shikon shard with that clay doll Kikyou” Shippo whispered knowing his momma would be sad for a while because of this.
 
“And how long has he been gone?” I asked in a whisper.
 
“A little over two months now and it all started out when he came and told us Kikyou would be joining the group and he had mated her and she was with pup. At first Kaede said it wasn't possible because Kikyou was nothing more than clay and ashes and dirt but sure enough the signs of pup came and they headed off to hunt for shikon shards not wanting to be the focus of the village anymore. IM SORRY MOMMA I COULDN'T HELP YOU!” Shippo yelled in anguish.
 
Something in me just snapped, all my insides felt cold, im going to start anew, no longer will I be the cheerful Kagome by Inuyasha's side, no no no, I will train and become the most powerful miko to be known on this planet, I would study after midoriko If I had to!
 
I now knew I no longer loved Inuyasha and he felt nothing for me. As soon as he gets back I'm going to purify his ass and take back my soul Kikyou stole from me.
 
 
 
 
 
A/n- HEyy! I hope you guys liked this and I hope you review for me cause I sure need some input on this one!
 
Ja ne, spell drift