InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Speak ❯ Don't Speak ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
<b>Disclaimer:<b> I don't own Inuyasha or any of the other characters. I actually feel sorry for him when Kagome sits him, even if I think its funny. I also don't own the song "Don't Speak" by No Doubt.

* * * *

Kagome faded into view, her head buried in her knees, as if she were crying. She was wearing a simple priestess robe, after finally taking up her duties as Priestess of Higurashi Shrine. Her grandfather had just died this winter and she had taken up his duties as owner and caretaker. Her mother was gone and her little brother too. Even her cat Buyo wasn't here anymore, since she was now alone. Alone until the end of time.

It was no longer autumn at Higurashi Shrine and snow had just begun to fall on this cold and bitter morning, painting the ground a soft white. Higurashi Shrine looked like the winter wonderland only found in fairytales. Yet Kagome didn't care. She was just as cold and bitter as the morning. She no longer cared about anything, not even if her home looked like a winter wonderland. Her heart was broken and her hopes shattered, even though it has been 6 months since the incident. The incident that lead to many more yet mainly the death of her mother, Siako, and her brother, Souta. The incident that lead her to be alone forever.

Slowly, Kagome picked up her head, her amber hazel eyes dull and lifeless, devoid of any emotion except endless sadness, pain, and regret. She was now 18 years old and old enough to be on her own. Yet she wasn't ready. She wasn't ready for any of the responsibilities that were to come. She was still the 15-year-old Kagome inside that would sneak off to Feudal Japan to see Shippo, Inuyasha, Sango, Kiara and Miroku while her grandfather would call the school and make up diseases such as the African Mongoose Mumps.

A faint smile was brought to her full lips at this thought. The memories of the days she spent with her friends hunting the shards. She touched something around her neck, a small jewel that shined dully, at the innocent touch. The jewel that she and her friends had searched so hard to recreate. The Shikon no Tama, or the Jewel of Four Souls, was now hers to keep and hers alone. The jewel she so wished to throw away yet was now her responsibility. The jewel that ruined everything.

Tears came to her eyes, as she remembered the fateful day that ruined everything. The day right after Inuyasha asked her to become his mate and the day she finally discovered who she really was. The day that Inuyasha broke her heart forever and the day she found out she was a demon, just like him.

***Flashback***

"SIT BOY!" yelled 17 almost 18-year-old Higurashi Kagome after finally having enough of Inuyasha beating up on Shippo. It was the day of her 18th birthday and she didn't want it ruined by the stupid hanyou.

A loud "THUD!" could be heard throughout the forest as Inuyasha, the Inu Hanyou, was slammed into the ground face first. A loud "Wench!" could be heard from the very frustrated and sexually deprived hanyou, who was now trapped because of the subduing spell.

As the spell finally wore off, Inuyasha jumped up and glared at his mate, wondering why she was so easy to anger today. 'Maybe its the time of the month again.' he thought silently knowing that Sango and Kagome usually got very moody when a certain time in each month came around when they smelled like old blood and got really short tempered. Another "SIT BOY!" could be heard from the girl Kagome, confusing the hanyou even more.

After the spell wore off again, Inuyasha let his temper loose. "What was that for wench! I never said again!"

Kagome just glared at him and simply replied. "Don't play dumb Inuyasha. You know perfectly well what you said. And to insult Sango as well. That is just too low for words."

Inuyasha stared at his mate stupidly, wondering whatever she meant.

Sango, Miroku, and Shippo were pretty much in the same state as the hanyou, totally confused about what just happened. Everyone just stared at a very confused Inuyasha and a very angry Kagome, who were having a staring contest and a test of who would say wench or sit boy first.

Sango decided to end the brief silence, knowing that the two will do something they will regret. "Umm Kagome. Inuyasha never said anything to insult you or me."

Kagome blinked and looked from Sango to Inuyasha and back again. She finally settled to looking at Inuyasha. "Is this true, Inuyasha?"

Inuyasha for once just nodded dumbly, still wondering what the heck is going on in the mind of his mate and her best friend, Sango.

Kagome gasped. "I believe you yet I heard you say, 'Maybe its the time of the month again.' And if you didn't say it, who did?"

Inuyasha swallowed nervously and looked at Kagome. "I never said I didn't say it. I just didn't say it verbally. I kind of thought it in my head."

This caused Kagome to go stark white and faint on the spot. Inuyasha rushed to her side to catch her, confused as to why she fainted. Sango, Miroku, and Shippo took one look at the couple and decided it was best to leave, fearing that they would get in the way if they stayed.

Inuyasha held his mate to him, softly stroking her raven locks. He wondered about what just happened, to cause his brave and strong Kagome to faint. He didn't know yet he knew one thing, Kagome was his and his alone. He would never let her go. He loved her too much. He loved her because she was Kagome, not Kikyo's Reincarnation. She was Kagome, his Kagome.

He felt her stir and looked down to see amber hazel meet amber. 'Wait? Amber hazel?' He checked her eyes again and sure enough, they were amber hazel. They were no longer the soft hazel he had grown so used to over the past 3 years he had grown to love the fiery beauty. They were a mixture between the eyes of a demon and the eyes of a human. 'Demon?' Kagome was no demon. She was a human and priestess. A priestess could not be a demon. It was unheard of.

Shaking his head to try to get rid of his many thoughts, he looked down at Kagome, who looked at him slightly puzzled yet with a smile on her beautiful young face. Inuyasha could only smiled back and kiss her softly on the lips, loving the taste of her. She smelled like sakura blossoms on a bright summer 's day and tasted like fruit freshly picked from the garden. It was a perfect combination, only making him love her more.

Kagome's eyes fluttered closed, the instant her lips came in contact with her mate's. She loved when he kissed her. He kissed her like a lover would kiss the one he loved. A way where is was tender and sweet and passionate and loving at the same time. She loved those kind of kisses. She loved her mate, her Inuyasha, more though.

As Inuyasha slowly broke the kiss, Kagome stared at him, love and happiness reflecting in her eyes. Kagome watched as her mate laughed, nuzzling her with his head. Kagome could do nothing but sigh happily, never wanting this moment to end. Yet like the Inuyasha she knew, he couldn't keep a special moment going for long.

~
You and me
We used to be together
Every day together always
~

"Kagome?

"Yes Inu?"

"Will you stay with me forever?"

Kagome blushed at this and nodded her head, kissing him softly. "Of course I will silly. I love you Inuyasha, forever and always."

Inuyasha could only help but smile, leaning his forehead against hers. "And I love you Kagome, until the end of time." Before he could kiss her, a rustling could be heard in a pair of nearby bushes and Inuyasha growled silently. 'Damn Miroku. Can't he ever give us some privacy.'

Kagome giggled at this thought, finally figuring out what happened earlier. 'O calm down Inu-chan. You know he is only a perverted monk.'

Inuyasha laughed at this comment and looked at his mate, who looked at him with mischief in her eyes. He stopped laughing and got the weird feeling she knew something he didn't. "You didn't speak that did you?"

Kagome shook her head, giggling slightly. "No Inu. I thought it. We have a link through out minds. We don't always have to talk verbally. We can hear each other just fine mentally."

Inuyasha just nodded and blinked, somewhat shocked at this new information.

Kagome could only giggle and kiss his cheek. 'Yes Inu. Its true. I am thinking to you right now. Can you hear me?'

Inuyasha nods his head dumbly, still slightly shocked at this new discovery. 'I am still in shock love. You really know how to knock me dead.'

Kagome laughs at this and leans up to kiss him softly to only be interrupted by.

"HEY YOU, HUMAN!!! GET AWAY FROM MY MATE!!!"

Kagome stopped what she was doing to see a neko youkai glaring at her with hate, distrust, and pain in her ocean blue eyes.

With that, the neko youkai grabs Inuyasha away from her, causing Kagome to fall to the ground.

Kagome stared up at the neko youkai, who was smirking smugly at her. Inuyasha looked slightly bewildered yet he was now standing and had his hand around the neko youkai's waist. 'This can't be true. The only person that loved Inuyasha was Kikyo. Who does this bitch think she is?' With that last thought, Kagome stands up and glares at the neko youkai. "Who are you and what are you doing with MY mate, Inuyasha?!!"

The neko youkai looked slightly surprised at the outburst yet replied with ease. "I am Naomi and Inuyasha is my mate. We have been mates since our parents reached an agreement to bemate us to join the Western Lands with the Eastern Lands."

Kagome blinks and stares at the neko youkai named Naomi. "What do you mean by bemate?"

Naomi rolled her eyes. "Its kind of like your idea of an arranged marriage. Lucky for us, we fell in love and mated shortly after we both turned 17."

Kagome blinked and looked at Inuyasha. "This isn't true, is it?"

Inuyasha looks down and replies almost with sorrow. "Yes...."

Kagome backs away from the two, not caring if she trips. "You can't be serious Inuyasha. Please tell me it isn't true. Inuyasha...INUYASHA!!!!" Tears come to her eyes, making her body shake slightly.

Inuyasha stays quiet, not wanting to make Kagome hurt anymore as all the memories of his lost childhood come rushing back. 'Kagome......'

Kagome collapses at this and tears slowly run down her cheeks as the harsh reality of the situation closes in on her. "No...this can't be true....No....No...No....." Sobs rack her small frame, as the harsh reality of things finally hits her. She was not Inuyasha's mate. She never was Inuyasha's mate. She gave herself willingly to him and she wasn't even his mate. She was just his whore, his mistress, and his human wench. She thought of him as her best friend, since they had went shard searching together, saved each other's necks plenty of times, and even joked around and talked about the good and bad times. They had been there for each other through thick and thin yet this time, no one was there for her. Not even Inuyasha. She was alone. All alone.

~
I really feel
I'm losing my best friend
I can't believe
This could be the end
~

Inuyasha watched her silently, pain plainly seen in his amber eyes. They were full of pain and sadness. Pain for causing his love and mate pain and sadness for not remembering he had already mated. He already had a mate and them mating with Kagome as if she were some human wench like he had always called her.

Naomi watched the display of emotion with disgust. "I should of known you Inuyasha. You tear some innocent human bitch's heart out and then throw it right back in their face. And I must say, I am impressed. Seems like you have changed over the years, Inu. And I love this new change." And without a thought of Kagome, she turned and kissed Inuyasha fully on the lips, moaning in victory as he responded to the kiss, pushing her closer against his aroused body and nipping lightly on her bottom lip.

Kagome watched in horror and disgust as the two kissed, totally oblivious to her watching. She couldn't believe that she wanted to be this bastard's mate. With that she took off running, leaving the kissing couple behind.

~
It looks as though you're letting go
And if it's real,
Well I don't want to know
~

Before she got far, an arm grabbed her and she looked to see Inuyasha staring at her pleadingly. "Please don't go Kagome. Please don't leave me. Let me explain. Please. I don't love her-"

Before he could continue on with his explanation, she slapped him long and hard with her hand, leaving deep scratches on his face. 'Scratches?" She looked down to see her hands were now clawed and painted a light green. She looked up then at Inuyasha who was staring at her with shock and horror. She backed away from him with pain and sadness in her eyes and said. "Don't speak to me. I don't care. Go have fun with your bitch!" She then took off running again.

~
Don't speak
I know just what you're saying
So please stop explaining
Don't tell me 'cause it hurts
~

Again he grabbed her arm and this time, she struggled to try to get away from him. Inuyasha just glared at her sternly and said. "Kagome. Listen to me. I love you. Please. Forgive me. I'll change it. I want to be with you. Not her. I don't love her. I love you. Please Kagome. Let me explain." He stared at her pleadingly. 'Please Kagome. Forgive me. I LOVE YOU!!!'

Kagome winced and clawed him deep this time, making him curse. She then yelled. "SIT BOY!" She then took off running, this time getting away as she kept yelling. "SIT!! SIT!!! SIT!! SIT!! SIT!!! SIT!! SIT BOY!!"

Inuyasha watched her sorrowfully, knowing he had lost her forever. 'Kagome.....'

~
Don't speak
I know what you're thinking
I don't need your reasons
Don't tell me 'cause it hurts
~

***End of Flashback***

Kagome let the tears fall, as the memories of him brought back so many painful emotions. It haunted her remembering him and remembering everything about him. How is silver hair would get caught in the wind as he raced through the forest, trying to catch a demon. Or how his golden globes for eyes would watch her intently when she made him Ramen or told a story to Shippo. Those were the little things that always haunted her. The little things she enjoyed to remember yet also hated to remember. All those memories of the times they shared.

***Flashback***

"Kagome, will you read me a story?" Shippo looked up at Kagome lovingly, as only a son would look as his mother with love.

Kagome could only smile and laugh. "Of course Shippo. Which one would you like to hear?"

Shippo thought for a moment and replied. "The one about the Beauty and the Beast."

Kagome smiled and began to tell the story, not noticing a very quiet Inuyasha listening intently.

**

"Fair lady Kagome, will you bare my child?" said the monk also known as Miroku.

Kagome blushed deeply and hid behind Inuyasha, who beat Miroku to a pulp until Kagome finally said. "SIT BOY!"

**

"How can you forgive me Kagome? I betrayed you and Inuyasha. And I must go after my brother. I can't let Naraku have him." said a very tired Demon Hunter by the name of Sango, who looked very weak and frail just now.

Kagome looked at the young woman in her lap. "You can't go off like that. You are too weak Sango."

Inuyasha butted in. "Feh, stupid human wenches. And Kagome is right. You can't go off like that. We'll stay here for a few days until you are better and then go after Naraku, even if we are losing good shard hunting time."

Kagome looked at Inuyasha shocked. Her face then softened and she smiled. "Thank you Inuyasha."

"Feh."

**

Inuyasha looked at Kagome, who held the human Inuyasha in her lap. "You smell nice...."

Kagome blushed deeply, and then murmured a soft. "Thank you."

**

~
Our memories
They can be inviting
~

**

"Kagome, can I talk to you for a minute?"

Kagome nodded and followed Inuyasha to the God Tree. She smiled and asked. "What did you want to talk about Inuyasha?"

Inuyasha looked at her and wrapped his arms around her waist suddenly, bringing her close to him. He then leans down and asks, his breaths tickling her ears. "Will you be my mate Kagome?"

Kagome could only stare at him and smile, nodding. "Yes Inuyasha! YES!!"

Inuyasha grinned and dipped him head down to kiss her passionately yet longingly.

Kagome returned the kiss quite the same, knowing a long night laid ahead for them.

**

"Kagome?

"Yes Inu?"

"Will you stay with me forever?"

Kagome blushed at this and nodded her head, kissing him softly. "Of course I will silly. I love you Inuyasha, forever and always."

Inuyasha could only help but smile, leaning his forehead against hers. "And I love you Kagome, until the end of time."

**

Kagome watched as Inuyasha lost control and became a full demon on the rampage as his youkai blood took over. She could only think one thing. 'O god. What have I done?'

**
~
But some are altogether
Mighty frightening
~

**

"Like I would like some human wench like her. She is just some shard detector."

"You shouldn't say that about Lady Kagome, Inuyasha. Its not very nice." said Miroku, who shook his head in distaste.

"Oh shut up monk. You know you would love to have her. Just like any other lecher."

Kagome watched the conversation continue, tears running down her cheeks. "SHARD DETECTOR!!!! THATS ALL YOU THINK OF ME AS?!!!"

Before Inuyasha could say more, Kagome yelled. "SIT BOY!"

A loud "THUD!" could be heard and then a loud. "Wench!"

**

Kagome looked up at Inuyasha pleadingly. "Please. Don't let me fall...."

Inuyasha just laughs and smiles. "Do you want me to?"

Kagome shakes her head as her hand starts to slip from his.

Inuyasha pays no heed to it and looks at Kaede. "Some help here, baba!"

"SIT BOY!" yelled Kagome, not realizing what she was doing.

A loud "THUD!" could be heard followed by a scream. "HELP!! INUYASHA!!!"

A hand grabbed Kagome's before she fell too far. Inuyasha looked down at Kagome. "Don't fall on me now, wench!"

Kagome stared at him with tears in her eyes and whispered. "Inuyasha...."

**

***End of Flashback***

Kagome continued to cry, wanting to push away all the memories. She couldn't stand the memories. They brought back too much pain. Too much pain for her and her baby. The baby that is both she and Inuyasha's. The baby youkai that will never know who their father is and why he left them. The baby that will never know the pain that she went through. The baby that is the start of her new life.

~
As we die, both you and I
With my head in my hands
I sit and cry
~

Slowly, Kagome wiped her eyes with the sleeve of her kimono and stood up, shaking her hair slightly to get the snow off of it. It was getting cold now and it would be healthier for her and the baby to go inside. So with that last thought, Kagome slowly walked inside, taking her shoes off and ignoring her slightly wet kimono. She then walks into the kitchen and starts to boil water, so she can make some herbal tea and finally start on her daily training like her grandfather used to. Except she didn't run around chasing guests out of the house with vanquishing spells yelling 'Demon! Demon!'

Kagome laughed slightly at those memories, knowing her father was probably one of the weirdest people she will never know. She loved him so much. She also loved her mother and brother so much. She missed them all too. She hated that they left her here alone in this world that had nothing but her baby. She remembered the day she received news of the crash. The day only three months ago.

***Flashback***

A 18-year-old Kagome could be seen sitting and waiting patiently for her mom and brother to show up for her archery tournament. Over the years she had gotten better at her archery and now she was one of the best archers in the country. She loved archery since it helped to dull the pain of her loss and the pain that she was having Inuyasha's pup without his knowing.

She did not notice two police officers walking over towards her, with grim faces. Suddenly she heard someone say her name. She turned to see the two police officers looking at her. "Yes?"

"Are you Miss Higurashi Kagome?"

"Yes. Why?"

"Well, I hate to say this Miss Higurashi but there has been an accident."

"What do you mean? Is my grandfather alright? Did he fall down the stairs again? Silly guy. Must have been chasing the cat again, calling him a demon."

"No it wasn't your grandfather."

"Then who was it?"

"Your mother and brother have been in an accident."

"Oh no. Are they ok?"

"No, Miss Higurashi. They were hit head on by a truck, totally demolishing the car. They were killed upon impact."

"You are kidding right? Mom and Souta aren't dead!!! They can't be!!!!"

"I am sorry Miss Higurashi but they are. Your mother and brother were killed."

Kagome finally felt the harsh reality and falls to the ground, sobbing hysterically. She ignores the explanations and the comforting words of the two police officers. Nothing mattered anymore. Her mother and brother were dead. All she had left was her grandfather. Everyone was leaving her. Everyone.

~
Don't speak
I know just what you're saying
So please stop explaining
Don't tell me 'cause it hurts
Don't speak
I know what you're thinking
I don't need your reasons
Don't tell me 'cause it hurts
~

***End of Flashback***

Kagome sighed and let a few tears fall at the terrible memory. Nothing but sadness had come from turning 18. If she could go back, she would of gladly stayed 17 for the rest of her life. At least then she wouldn't have to worry about sorrow. She could stop pretending that everything was ok. Everything wasn't ok. Her life was already ending since her father contacted her and since she sealed the well with her grandfather's help. Everything was coming to an end and she was happy it was. She could finally stop pretending she wasn't sad or pained. She could finally be happy again and start a new life, with the help of her father of course.

Father. What a bitter name to call the man who is going to help her out with her finances. The man she despised more then anything that wasn't there to help her when her mother or brother died. He only was there when his father died. That was the only reason he was helping her. It was her grandfather's last dieing wish before he passed on. He wanted her to be happy. She wouldn't be happy unless she actually could go back in time and stop it all.

~
It's all ending
I got to stop pretending who we are...
You and me
I can see us dying ... are we?
~

Kagome sighed and heard the doorbell ring. "Right on time...." She stood up slowly and walked to the door, to see her father there, smiling at her.

"Kagoma, darling. Its so good to see you." He kissed her on the cheek and walked inside, as Kagome wiped her cheek and trying to get rid of the kiss.

"Its Kagome, Akem." said Kagome through gritted teeth, wishing he would leave.

"Whatever, Kageme. And lets see. Where can I put all my stuff?"

Kagome blinked. "Stuff?"

Akem nodded and grinned. "Why yes. Remember? I am moving in with you and the baby. It's only proper. Plus the baby needs a fatherly figure. I think I will make the perfect one."

Kagome paled at this comment. "Father?"

Akem nodded again, looking at Kagome concerned. "Honey, are you sure you are ok? You don't look well."

Kagome smiles weakly. "I'm fine. Just tired."

Akem nods and walks over to her, kissing her forehead. "Don't worry. Just let me concern about the moving in and you get ready for bed. Ok?"

Kagome nods, watching him grin and then walk away. She clenches her fists just wanting to yell at him to get out of her house and to go away. She knew what he wanted. Many guys wanted the same thing. He wanted her as his wife. He just didn't know about one thing. He didn't know she was also a youkai. He probably knew she was adopted since he was her father and she knew he didn't care. He just wanted her. She just wanted him not to speak anymore, so she listened to him and walked upstairs, to her bedroom.

She sighed and changed into her pajamas, looking at herself in the mirror once. She smiled slightly and sighed. "I wish I could give you better little one....And I promise you....One day, you will meet your father and we will be a family again...." With that last thought, she climbed into bed and fell right to sleep, not noticing it was now night outside and the stars were out. One twinkled extra brightly, as if watching over the young mother and protecting her from all the pain and evils in the world.

* * * *
Thanks for reading. If you want a sequel, tell me and let me know. Please review. This is my first attempt at a songfic. Thanks. See yah.