InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Done to Death ❯ Visit the Family ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Done to Death

Chapter 5: Visit the Family

Much screaming and yelling (Inuyasha and Kagome), groping and slapping (Miroku and Sango), and sweatdropping (Sango's family) later, the group of four was ready to go see the man that was known as… Inuyasha's brother. Inuyasha hadn't bothered to elaborate the description of the unnamed writer of the letter that the messenger had given them. Sighing, Kagome and Sango set off towards the enormous manor, ahead of the boys. When they arrived at the mansion, Inuyasha and Miroku were leading after Miroku's "trip" that had resulted in his hand "accidentally" "resting" on Sango's butt.

As the four entered the courtyard, a young girl ran to Inuyasha, giggling and jumping. Bending down to her height and hugging her, Inuyasha smiled slightly as she cried, "Uncle Inu! Uncle Inu! You came to see Rin? Rin has missed you this much!" The girl emphasized her words by stretching her little hands as far apart from one another as possible, leaning back to do so. Poking her stomach that was now sticking out because of her elaboration of her loneliness, Inuyasha said, "Then it's good I came to see you. If you missed me any more, your arms would fall off your body." Standing, he smiled softly as a woman, no taller than five feet, came and took hold of his niece's hand. Bowing to her, he said, "Sister-in-law, it's good to see you again. Rin is getting so much taller each time I see her! If you're not careful, she'll soon be towering over you!"

"Be careful, Inuyasha, or I'll sick Sesshomaru on you." the lady said as she smiled to her `brother'. Looking slightly scared for Rin's sake, Inuyasha asked in all seriousness, "Where is he, Misaki?"

"In his study. You know where it is." Turning to her daughter, Misaki said, "Say goodbye now Rin. Uncle Inu needs to go talk to Daddy."

"Bye Uncle Inu!" Rin cheered at him, giving his legs a quick hug before running off towards some other part of the manor. Waving to the outlaw and company, Misaki trailed after her daughter. Motioning to the three behind him, Inuyasha walked past the guards and entered the large manor. After whispering to themselves on how out of character Inuyasha was when with his family, they followed, if not slightly wary of their "leader".

`I mean,' Kagome thought, `he's supposed to be arrogant, cold and a jerk, not kind, loving and huggable! And that's what he was back there! Very, very huggable… NO! Purge those thoughts Kagome!!!' Shaking her head back and forth in an attempt to clear her mind, Kagome climbed the flight of stairs and paused outside an ornate doorway. "Come in.," a voice commanded the four from inside. Pushing ahead, Inuyasha entered, then Sango, with Miroku close behind (no pun intended), Kagome entering the room last.

"Good to see you all. Please, sit down."

<><><>

"She was here," the wavy-haired general stated to himself, his horse and the dirt he held in his hand. He stood by the weeping willow located by the small stream and was examining the small footprints in the mud. Seeing two other tracks though, he wondered if she was being held captive. Resolving to himself that he would kill the ones who dare hurt HIS princess, the general stood and mounted the horse, heading west.

<><><>

`Uh oh…' Sango thought as the three males looked at her. Thinking quickly, she said, "Of course I've seen the princess! Who hasn't?" Holding her breath, she prayed to every Higher Being that they would swallow the half-truth that she had just given them. Somehow, Lord Sesshomaru had steered the discussion to her with the question of had she seen the princess. Kagome had kept her gaze on the sparrow just outside the window the entire time.

"Yes, just have you seen her recently?" Sesshomaru asked the girl. Swallowing, she opened her mouth to answer. "Well," Sango started to say as the door was thrown open and a VERY distraught servant came running in. Panting, he told Sesshomaru, "General… (pant) Naraku (pant) here to (pant) see you, (pant pant) Milord." Nodding to the air- deprived servant, Sesshomaru and his four guests looked at the door as an authoritative figure came into the room. His eyes scanned the area, taking in every person, chair and space. Stepping inside, he bowed slightly to Sesshomaru and said in a voice laced with hate to the world, "Lord Sesshomaru, how… nice… to see you again."

Not even bothering to bow his head in acknowledgement to his new guest, Sesshomaru asked, "What business do you have here?" Strolling over to the Lord's desk, the general said, "I am here under Royal orders regarding the missing princess. I believe that she was kidnapped. You wouldn't happen to know where she is?"

Narrowing his amber eyes at the cold man in front of him, Sesshomaru asked in a deadly voice, "You aren't implying that I would have kidnapped the princess, are you?"

"No! I was just asking if you happened to know where she was! Everyone knows that you have the best spies in the kingdom." Even though Naraku's eyes widened in protest to Sesshomaru's question, his voice showed his disappointment in not catching the `kidnapper'.

"Now, if you will please leave, I am in the middle of a meeting." Sesshomaru said, turning his face away from the general. Bowing almost mockingly, Naraku exited the study and closed the door firmly behind him. After a few moments, Kagome asked Sesshomaru, "The princess was kidnapped? But, I heard that no one saw her leave."

"Of course, she had to have had help. Royal ladies can't do anything for themselves, they always have to have help…" Inuyasha remarked to the group. Steam coming from her ears, it took all of Kagome's willpower to not yell at him. She was a cook/housekeeper now, not a princess dammit! However, even though her anger went unobserved by Miroku and Inuyasha, Sesshomaru and Sango noticed. The Protector squeezed Kagome's elbow and shook her head `No'. Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow and asked, "Lady Kagome, why do you wear that handkerchief on your head?" Looking at him, Kagome stuttered, "I-I b-burned my hair." Eyes narrowing, Inuyasha gave the girl a calculating look and said, "It couldn't have been burned that short. Remove it."

"My hair?!" Kagome asked, hoping to get an argument started. Hey, who knows, he could forget what they were talking about.

"No, the handkerchief." Inuyasha stated. Okay, no such luck. Placing her hands on her head, Kagome said, "No, the ends are uneven." Growling, Inuyasha moved faster than her eye could follow, and she felt her neck being brushed by her short hair. Glaring at the outlaw, she said, "Great, Jerk."

"You're, you're…" Inuyasha stuttered while Miroku's eyes widened. Sesshomaru blinked, but bowed his head in her direction while Sango sat in her chair, beating her fist against her head.

"The princess? Yeah. Now, can I have that back?" Kagome said, not waiting for an answer and taking her handkerchief back from the dumbfounded outlaw. Tying it once more around her head she said, "Okay, stop staring. You're making me nervous."

()()()

Well, just got back from camp, but I get to go back tomorrow (in monotone: Yay), so that is why, if you reviewed, that I didn't respond to you. I didn't die! I was just sweating a whole bunch out in the middle of nowhere… So, now that I'm back in air conditioning, I think that I'll have some fun and do the SHOUTOUTS!!!

Responses for FF.net:

Inuyashadabest: Well, I can't really write more, since this story is complete… (smiles evilly) Yes, I have it all written out and I haven't posted it all yet… (you glare) Please, don't kill me (I hide behind my desk, refusing to come out) (pops back out after a few seconds) And, thank you SO much for the compliment!

Alyssa: Hey, don't be depressed because there were no fireworks! Things are just now getting interesting! (smiles) And, yes, you were definitely correct on the whole groping thingy…

ladyhawk89: Thanks for the compliment! Oooh! Wedding! Cake! I'm hungry now… (goes and finds random food from fridge) Well, how'd ya like the chapter? C'mon, you can tell me!

Randomunit02: Wow… you have my updating schedule thingy memorized… O.o Thanks for all your reviews! Yay! (gives you cookie)

Black Dragon: Wow… How did you figure that out? was it really all that obvious? (hangs head in shame) (looks back up) Eh? Pairings? Well, I can tell you that this is definitely not an Inuyasha/Kagura, if that is what you were wondering… (Hey, you put Inu/Kag, so I can assume all that I want from that) Well, I'll bring my sunscreen and shades, cuz it's gonna be a bit toasty down there…

Responses to my readers at MM.org:

chickenlover2: My Kami, how on earth did you know all that?! Great, my story is just so easy to see through… Uhm, I think I sent you an e-mail telling you why Fluffy has white/silver hair while Inuyasha has black… And, sadly Kouga will not be making any appearance in this fic… read the last chapter to find out the reason why! (I'm evil, ne?) And, I don't know why you are asking all these questions, but I enjoyed your review very much! (smiles happily) Chickens?! Where?! (hides from the chickens)

fireice: Thank you for reviewing, and I am very glad that you find it interesting! Yay! Somebody likes my fic! (dances around in happiness) (stops when I am being given strange looks) Wh~at? Have you never seen somebody dance before? (starts dancing again)

Oi Beta: Yes, I AM proud of my quadruple prep! I think I lowered it down to a double, but that's the best that I could do and still make the sentence make sense…sorry. Yes, I modeled Rin off of (DOUBLE PREP) one of my little cousins. So, I knew how to make her the cute little girl that is wide-eyed and naïve. I also feel sorry for the rocks, just having to be in the presence of the "mighty" Naraku…and, I think he changed his sex from undetermined to non-existent…(DUH! Naraku IS a moron! Naraku = Moron! Didn't you know that?) And, no, Naraku can't see every atom. Only the important ones. And, he created superman (Shh! Don't tell anybody!)

You liked the spankings didn't you? …I don't give him spankings…I DON'T…why are you looking at me like that?! Don't you believe me?!

And, yes, Inu has ADD, Sango is suicidal (why else would she beat her head?), and Inu is also Kagome's stalker. (PS: For anyone reading this, don't listen to anything that is written here unless you are us. And if you think that that means US, as in we, then you shouldn't even be reading this.)