InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Done to Death ❯ Field Trip to the Palace! ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Done to Death

Chapter 6: Field Trip to the Palace!



"You're the princess?!" Inuyasha demanded.

"Yeah, sorry to disappoint you." Kagome replied, continuing to look out the window. It had been like this for the past fifteen minutes, and she was hoping that the guy would just give it a rest. How hard could it be to believe anyway?

"But, you can't be the princess!" Inuyasha yelled to her. Looking at him in a bored fashion, she asked, "Oh? And why on earth not?"

"Because you don't act like a lady!"

"Yeah, and you're a lord."

"What does that mean?"

Turning once again to the window, Kagome said, "Never mind, your brain just can't handle complex sentences."

Growling at her, Inuyasha muttered, "Bitch."

"Aw, Inuyasha, sit down!" Miroku said, coming up from behind the guy and pushing him into one of the cushy chairs. Turning to face the princess, Miroku said, "We have to take you back to the big- important- palace thing, ya know."

"I know." Kagome sighed. Her guards would be doubled or even tripled until her wedding, so she no longer had any hopes of escaping to freedom. "I mean," she continued, more to herself than to the other's in the room, "There has to be some perks to being married to Prince Hojo. He is even slower than Inuyasha here, and that's saying something, so I'll always be the smartest. And I'll never be a spinster… There has to be something else that's good! There has to be…" Trailing off, a silent tear escaped and fell onto her clenched fist. Sensing that she was upset, (the ever slow) Inuyasha asked, "Oi, Bit - PRINCESS, what's wrong?" Turning to glare at him, she said sarcastically, "Hmm, I don't know. Maybe EVERYTHING!!" Blinking at her tearstained cheek, the bandit asked, "Why're you cryin'? You're life ain't endin'…"

"Might as well be." Kagome mumbled to herself. Cocking his head to one side, Inuyasha asked, "Why?"

Glaring at him, she cried, "Because I'll be losing what little freedom a princess has! I'll be a wife to a man that I've never even met before in my life! But, hey, who cares if Kagome is unhappy, as long as the kingdom prospers from it!" Surprised to see that she wasn't scared to be married, like he had originally thought, but was trying to preserve her freedom, Inuyasha was at a loss for words. Not knowing what to do, he just stood there, opening and closing his mouth, hoping that the words would just fall out. But no word tumbled out and cheered the girl up from her despair, or got her yelling at him some more, or anything. Blinking through her tears when she saw his face, Kagome chuckled, wiping the salt- water off her face. Hearing the sound, everybody in the room looked at her, wondering why she was laughing when she had earlier been crying over the recent discovery. Clutching her stomach and pointing, Kagome said, "You just, haha, looked like a, haha, fish, standing there, opening and closing your mouth like that!" Everyone except the said bandit started laughing and/or smiling as the princess explained, each imagining a fish with Inuyasha's head. Crossing his arms over his chest and sitting in his chair with a "Feh!", Inuyasha couldn't help but be happy that he had somehow managed to cheer Kagome up, even if it was at his own expense.

<><><>


After the group had recovered from their joke and sat down to decide how soon Kagome needed to return to the palace (the girl asked to never be sent back, but they ruled that option out), the four left the manor and headed back to Sango's house. The next day, they would all begin their travel to the palace and would probably arrive there in two days time. Long after the two girls and Miroku had fallen asleep, Inuyasha stayed awake, trying to count the stars, wondering if he should just let the princess `escape' so she could live her own life.

<><><>


Naraku smiled sinisterly to himself. So, that girl with the bandana on her head was the princess? No wonder her face had looked so familiar. What good fortune that the servant had been easy to knock unconscious, and that none of the other servants dared to disturb their lord while he was in a meeting. It had made it only too easy for the amoral general to eavesdrop on the conversation inside the study after he had left. After all, he WAS determined to rescue the princess after the reward that the King and Queen would give him when he succeeded.

Anything he wants.

And he wanted Kagome.

<><><>


"I spy… something… annoying." Kagome said.

"Kagome-chan, it has to be a color, otherwise, how am I supposed to guess. Though I DO have an idea as to what you're thinking of…" Sango said, stepping over a rock that was in her way. The two girls were following the boys along the path to the palace. The difference between this journey and the one that Kagome had taken only three days ago was that, (a) She was headed east, and not west, (b) she had traveling companions and (c) they were using the "official" road and not stumbling through the bracken. Using this road, they should arrive at the palace in a day, while it had taken Kagome almost a day and a half the last time that she was in these woods. Sighing, Kagome amended, "Fine. Something red."

"Hmm… that innocent flower?" Sango asked, pointing to said pansy.

"No." Kagome laughed, tripping slightly on a half-hidden log. Righting herself, she added, "You know it."

"My hair ribbon?" the girl asked, grabbing the crimson fabric. Shaking her head, Kagome smiled and nodded when her amigo said, "Well then, I GUESS it's… Inuyasha!"

"Hai, hai, it's your turn."

"Hmm… I spy…"

The two girls continued their game while the boys ahead of them discussed how they would like to get to the palace. They both decided that the group could spend the night in the woods and then finish the walk to the palace the next day. Searching for water, the two stumbled upon, (quiet literally) a secluded waterfall, not too far off the path. As the girls came upon the small pond and streamlet, the boys emerged from underwater. Raising her eyebrow, Sango asked, "What are you two doing?"

"Fair Sango, we came across this waterfall and, uhm, decided to go for a swim?" Miroku said while Inuyasha rung out his hair, mumbling about stupid rocks that got in his way and tripped him. Eyeing the priest, Sango stepped away from the edge and said, "Kagome and I will start the food while you two can dry off. We'll call you when the meal is ready." Nodding, the two boys started wringing out their clothes while the girls gathered wood and started cooking the meats that Kagome had packed on that dark night only four days ago. Preparing the pork, Sango called the boys over and the four all ate their meal, occasionally taking a drink of water from one of Kagome's bottles. After the supper, Sango and Kagome went to the waterfall and took a short, but relaxing, bath. Throughout the bath, Kagome had the strange feeling that she was being watched, and Sango commented that it was probably the priest (After being groped fifty times a day, one would become paranoid…) hiding in the bushes. After the two girls had dried themselves and returned to the campfire, the stars and moon were hanging in the sky, winking down at them. Yawning, Kagome pulled her pack under her head and fell into a dreamless sleep.

<><><>


A dark shadow jumped from tree to tree, pausing once to look down at a sleeping girl with drastically short hair. By leaping from tree to tree, it had traveled behind the group and had watched while the girls took their baths. Naraku sat on the branch he was currently residing on and began to plan on how to take the princess. Smiling coldly, he stood and whispered to the sleeping girl, "Soon, my princess. Soon, you'll be mine."

As he leaped away from the group, two purple- eyes cut through the darkness, focusing on the branch that he had just occupied.

()()()

Well, here is my explanation as to why this post is so much later than most:

Last weekend I had to go to a family reunion in Kansas (the land of perpetually flat ground! Get a postcard! Three for one dollar!), then I came back home. But, the night that I was actually able to get on the computer again, my dad woke up and found me still on at midnight… So, I was grounded till this weekend! Injustice! (glares at dad) Anyway, here is the update, and I hoped that you all enjoyed the chapter, and if you would be so kind as to leave a review, then I will give you a drive around town in my new Forester! (jumps up and down) I finally have it! (glomps car)

And now, onto the SHOUTOUTS!

Responses for Fanfiction.net:

Alyssa: No, no fireworks yet, but I promise you that there will be a big showing in the last few chapters! Just stick around, and you won't be disappointed! Thanks for all your loverly compliments! They make me hyper! (Muse: Great… Just what we need… A hyper Kimiki… Kimiki: Pipe down over there! (makes Muse disappear))

ladyhawk89: Really?! Yay! Not just `muy', but `muy muy'! I learned Spanish! (smiles) Well, if we're gonna keep this up… Happy July (checks calendar) 31!

Randomunit02: Well, what am I supposed to say to that? Can't really say anything but, `Glad that you like `em…' (sweatdrops) Can't really respond to a five word review… (watches as people go and read your review to see what I'm blathering on and on about) (watches as people also look up `blather') Hey, this is kinda entertaining, yanno? (grabs popcorn and begins partaking in people watching) <this is a rather long response for a five letter review, no? (smiles)>

Oh My Blush: Okay, this is for both your reviews, so it's gonna be a bit long… First, chapter four… Foreshadowing? What foreshadowing? (whistles innocently) (Muse: But you can't whistle…) (whistling stops suddenly) (Kimiki: You just had to go and say that, didn't you?!) (Muse: (nods)) (Kimiki: Grr…) Sango was there the whole time… Just FYI… And, no, I think that that line was in there when you first read/ betaed it…

Now, chapter five… Duh! Why would you have had one in the last chapter?! You took forever and a day to give me the reviews… just goes to show how much you love me… (cries in corner) (Muse: Just ignore her and she'll calm down) (few seconds later) That was a verb that I never expected to be used to describe Miroku and/or Inuyasha… Dainty…? Oh, and you're welcome for the yaoi… (smirks) I enjoyed writing it… (smirk widens)

Shalaren: That was so nice of you! Now I feel all warm and fluffy on the inside! (smiles) For that, you get a… (dramatic music and lights) COOKIE CAKE!!! Just tell me what you like and you will get it in the next response! (smiles some more)

Trinity-33: Dude, you finally reviewed to this fic! So proud of you! (grins) You better hurry your ass up with SI… I'm dying from suspense over here! (Joking, take your time, as long as you have it updated by my birthday {FYI: June 17th…}) Thank you, I rather like my double preps also!

Responses to all MM.org people:

Okay, I really appreciate chickenlover2 and Kouga_Lover_3056 for reviewing to my fic, but I can't seem to pull up the actual reviews… (sweatdrops) So, thanks SO much for your reviews, even though I haven't read them yet! (smiles and sweatdrops (wow, I can multitask!)) So, you get a cookie each, since you didn't get a response in this chapter! (hands out cookies)

beta: Inu reminds you of Sano and Duo?! O.o Is that a good thing? (Yes, Inu is very macho). And, yes, only Inu would stay awake and try and count the stars…And, on the pansy thing…I had to pick on it! The rocks were on vacation, and the squirrels threatened to hit me with their acorns if I put them in the fic! Plus, how many RED rocks and RED squirrels are there in Japan (or where ever they are)? And then you're getting onto me for the log incident! It was only one trip! Not even a trip, but a stumble! GRRG!!!! Then you talked about justice!!! How DARE you bring in the justice speech into this! (Corey still has to tell us that justice thingy, ya know… Since I never heard it…) Oh wise one…*bows* You knew who was watching the girls while they took their bath, being a mean peeping tom…*bows again* (PS: Yes, Naraku is a bad perv., while Miroku DOES just want to get laid…and, I didn't even WANT to know what Naraku does in his spare time…{You said: Naraku would be the kind of guy that would rape small children, be them guy or girl. That's rather nasty. Yuck.} I agree…Yuck.)